Comics Keeping or Dropping ASM?

Hobgoblin

Veritas veritatum
Reaction score
So, how many of you are planning to dropping 616 Spidey after One More Day? How many are still interested?

Me? I'm most likely dropping it.

Honestly, I'm on the fence.

If they don't break up the marriage, then I'm in.

If they break up the marriage, then I'll buy Slott & McNiven's run before I bow out.

If they break up the marriage,and they bring back Harry and Gwen, then I don't care if Stan Lee is writing it....I"M OUT.

Probably. So far everything that is said to be happening is just said to be happening so far. I'm keeping hope(denial) that these leaks on the internet is just to throw us fans off what they really plan to do. Of course, I'll drop ASM the instant anything is retconned. Anything that isn't JMS run that is.

I will keep buying even Peter and MJ marriage is no more. I start buying comics just this year after all and I don't want to give up on Spider-Man. If Brand New Day is not good, then I will drop it

Similar to Shin...

Break up the marriage I'll keep it on a short lease...

Bring back Gwen
and it's out the door

Break up the marraige and I'm out!

Bring back blondie and I'm burning Marvel to the ground!! :mad:

Gone Spidey, gone.

I've already dropped it after the first issue of OMMD. Unless the rumors prove false I ain't reading another Spidey issue (or paying for one anyway) post-OMD.

I may keep up at first to see what the intial changes are. If Gwen magically comes back (don't ask me how, as the marriage had nothing to do with her death) or just as bad (and much more probable, especially in lieu of the movies) if Harry returns then I will just pretend the Spidey run ended back '03 and Spider-Girl or Reign finished it off. ;) :p

I'll cautiously see how it goes, if I like it but they back peddle and marry them again, I'll drop it.

Oh tey won't be married again for probably a decade unless the sales really dorp, and I mean bad (we're talking Clone Saga drop).

In which case it may be retconned quicker. But I magine as logn as Joey Q is in power it will remain and probably in a decade when the book is dying on them they will simulate change by getting them hitched again and publicize it as "the major unexpected event fans have been waiting for," and then it will suck copared ot the 1987 issue. Just like how BIB and OMD fail to be anywhere close to the simple but beautiful ASM #400.

Then again, I'd like to see an engagement era that was not covered due to shoddy executive decisions in the '80s, but why not just a nice miniseries to do an "untold tales" cover of that, then?

Oh tey won't be married again for probably a decade unless the sales really dorp, and I mean bad (we're talking Clone Saga drop).

In which case it may be retconned quicker. But I magine as long as Joey Q is in power it will remain and probably in a decade when the book is dying on them they will simulate change by getting them hitched again and publicize it as "the major unexpected event fans have been waiting for," and then it will suck compared ot the 1987 issue. Just like how BIB and OMD fail to be anywhere close to the simple but beautiful ASM #400.

Yeah, thats what I'm thinking. The sales will need to drop big for Marvel to really notice that fans are pissed. It happened after MJ's plane exploded in mid air, but they are pulling the same crap again. Like you said, sales will have to drop that way again, but I dont know if they will. Folks seem excited by Romita's return, as well as Dan Slott doing the writing chores.

And I really hate Peter's mindset right now. He's being damned selfish. May is ready to move on. She said so when he had Madame Web contact her. Would she want him to break up his marriage to save her? Most mothers wouldnt want thier sons to do that. Does MJ want to be erased from his life? (As his wife, anyway?) Probably not. But he's going to go against both of thier wishes to keep himself happy. Thats why I'm dropping the title. I just dont like this. *end rant*

Honestly, I'm on the fence.

If they don't break up the marriage, then I'm in.

If they break up the marriage, then I'll buy Slott & McNiven's run before I bow out.

If they break up the marriage,and they bring back Harry and Gwen, then I don't care if Stan Lee is writing it....I"M OUT.
What shinlyle said :up:

Breaking up the marriage is one thing but bringing back Gwen and Harry would just be too much.

. If Gwen magically comes back (don't ask me how, as the marriage had nothing to do with her death)

I'm not even sure why I'm spoiler tagging this?
I think if this is the route they go it'll be a product of changing continuity so that "no-one" knows Parker's secret.....if the Goblin didn't know Pete was Spidey, there'd be no reason to kill Gwen.....other than Gobby babies of course *sigh*

I dropped ASM a loooooooooong time ago.

Yeh...this poll depends....not cut and dry...YET....

Like others...if they break up the marriage (which i know they are)...yeh-I'm out....sadly...:csad:

If they break up the marriage AND bring back Harry and/or Gwen...i'm out even quicker:cmad: ...lol...i don't really care WHO is writing it or how big they write the adjective "AMAZING" on the cover or how many times a month they try and make me buy the "Excitement" of "3X".

:cwink:

Uh... you know you have two options for "probably" right? :yay:

I'm 25. Been collecting since I was 8 or 7. Been looking for an excuse to give up on the books. If all the stories I've read of married Spidey are invalidated, then yeah, I'll drop them like they're water-weight at a fat camp.

Uh... you know you have two options for "probably" right? :yay:

I'm 25. Been collecting since I was 8 or 7. Been looking for an excuse to give up on the books. If all the stories I've read of married Spidey are invalidated, then yeah, I'll drop them like they're water-weight at a fat camp.

One is "probably yes." The other is "probably no." There is always a grey area.

I havent been meaning to drop Spidey exactly, but I have been curious what has been going on over in Batman land. I didnt want to collect both at once, I didnt have the cash or room for it. So dropping Spidey give me time for Bats. Havent read the Detective Comics I picked up today, but I'm looking forward to it. :woot:

Even though I think ending the marriage is a really bad idea, I will keep reading ASM. Afterall, Dan Slott and John Romita Jr. will be working on ASM next year, which is a really great thing.

I'll still be reading it. As bad as I think the idea is of no more marrige, I'll be buying mainly for the creative teams that we're getting.

But it's a sham.

He's using glossy creative teams and "arcs" so each month can be its own mini-event. It's all an illusion so you'll be looking at the new events (beginning with "Brad New Day") and it will be to hide that he has mercilessly butchered Stan Lee's character to the point where he is becoming unrecognizable and just wiped the last 20 years of comics you know. Pretty packaging for a pile of **** does not make it worth the purchase.

I've stuck with AS-M for 30 years.
Through many highs and lows. There's no point in stopping now.

Probably. So far everything that is said to be happening is just said to be happening so far. I'm keeping hope(denial) that these leaks on the internet is just to throw us fans off what they really plan to do.

Same here.

Dropped it when JMS and Alonzo s**t on continuity. In other words, a long time ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"