Keith_v's Fan Art

Here is my finished pic of Mysterio. The only two things I really don't like about it are the way the vest came out (very chalky), and I forgot to put in the cape clasps. I also feel that I could have done better with the smoke around the body. But, overall, I'm happy with it and I think it gets the point across.

mysteriocoloredpicsmallbi3.jpg

WOW! so awesome! really great!

WOW! so awesome! really great!

Thanks guys! I'm glad to know that the pic is going over well.

Well, my bizarro pic got a little sidetracked by this month's contest, which I'm currently working on penciling in the final copy. From there, I still have the black and white and colors to go, so I have a little bit of time to put into it.

Also, I got a basic design for Deadpool, and after I finish that, if nothing sidetracks me, I should be able to jump right into my Green Lantern pic! And I still have a Peter Parker and Mary Jane pic I'd like to get to before the summer's over.

P.S. I'll be posting the very early rough draft of my Bizarro concept very soon, so keep an eye for that.

Here is my finished pic of Mysterio. The only two things I really don't like about it are the way the vest came out (very chalky), and I forgot to put in the cape clasps. I also feel that I could have done better with the smoke around the body. But, overall, I'm happy with it and I think it gets the point across.

Looks cool. Good job man.

oooooo...i LOVE your Mysterio concept! wicked!

Wow dude! Love it!

And here's the finished pic. I feel like a could have did better, especially with the dark areas, but considering I didn't use any references at all for this image, I'm pretty pleased with it!

spidermanrdsncolorsmallxb5.jpg
you are truly a god amongst men! everthing you draw is brilliant! this is my fave though!

Keith, your art is truly inspired. I especially love your realistic takes on characters. I see that you primarily create comics-inspired pieces, but I would be interested in seeing a realistic interpretation of Samus Aran from Metroid. I've been thinking a lot about a Metroid film with Milla Jovovich in the lead. I even started a thread about it in the Misc. Film Forums. I'd love to see what you could cook up!

Keith, your art is truly inspired. I especially love your realistic takes on characters. I see that you primarily create comics-inspired pieces, but I would be interested in seeing a realistic interpretation of Samus Aran from Metroid. I've been thinking a lot about a Metroid film with Milla Jovovich in the lead. I even started a thread about it in the Misc. Film Forums. I'd love to see what you could cook up!

Damn! That would have been a great idea for the fan art contest this month. But, I'm already knee deep in my entry already.

But I wouldn't rule out seeing a Metroid or any other classic vido game characters from appearing in this thread.

And thanks for the compliments!

all of your work is amazing.... i'm jealous

Looks cool. Good job man.

oooooo...i LOVE your Mysterio concept! wicked!

Wow dude! Love it!

you are truly a god amongst men! everthing you draw is brilliant! this is my fae though!

your work is truly amazing

WOW! Thanks guys!

And I finally got started on an early design for Shocker. So, hopefully I'll be able to tackle that pretty soon!

Truly amazing work Keith_v. I love how the drawings are done, especially the painting. Really impressive stuff, you have a real talent!

:word: :up:

you stuff is amazing

id like to see you do a whole body pic of the hulk in color

Great stuff!!!

Truly amazing work Keith_v. I love how the drawings are done, especially the painting. Really impressive stuff, you have a real talent!

:word: :up:

that venom picture is amazing

Thanks guys!

you stuff is amazing

id like to see you do a whole body pic of the hulk in color

Great stuff!!!

I would really like to get around to it sometime, I just don't know if I'll have enough time. Hopefully I will!

cant wait to see what it looks like!

Well, I'll give you a hint about my Shocker idea. Don't expect anything bright or shiny. He's going to be very down and dirty looking, but still very recognizable as Shocker. Think the Shocker meets Sega's Condemned.

And here's my early concept sketch for Bizarro. The shape of the body in the final pic is being bulked up a little, and the face has been changed almost completely (though its position is the same), but for the most part, this tells you where I'm going with the character.

bizarrosketchhj3.jpg

And here's my early concept sketch for Bizarro. The shape of the body in the final pic is being bulked up a little, and the face has been changed almost completely (though its position is the same), but for the most part, this tells you where I'm going with the character.

bizarrosketchhj3.jpg
Looks great, I love how you gave him larger than average hands, really adds to the "Bizaroness". The face sorta looks like your Hulks face, I don't know if you realized that yet.

Looks great, I love how you gave him larger than average hands, really adds to the "Bizaroness". The face sorta looks like your Hulks face, I don't know if you realized that yet.

Thanks! Yeah, I noticed the face looks a lot like my Hulk's, but it has changed a lot since this sketch. Whereas this one looks more like Frankenstein, the final one is actually looking more like Leatherface from the '04 remake. And I'm glad to see someone noticed the hands. I wanted to make them a little bit oversized like bear paws.

'bizarro bizarro, i love you bizarro.' ~sealab 2021

Thanks! Yeah, I noticed the face looks a lot like my Hulk's, but it has changed a lot since this sketch. Whereas this one looks more like Frankenstein, the final one is actually looking more like Leatherface from the '04 remake. And I'm glad to see someone noticed the hands. I wanted to make them a little bit oversized like bear paws.

Oh ok, just wanted to make sure you noticed & didn't end up creating both with similar faces. The face looking more like Leatherface sounds awesome can't wait to see it. & I can't wait for the Shocker pic, I always pictured him as a darker villian even though he was always portrayed in bright yellow.

pretty dyanmic stuff, keith . . . your rendering skills and value (shading) are superior in almost every way . . . and you generally take the time to come up w/ interesting character perspectives . . .

my only piece of criticism, is sometimes it seems that you're more interested in the rendering than the composition itself, and that can take away from the final piece . . . in addition, your proportion is a bit off in some of these pieces . . . .

I would concentrate more on the composition, and nailing the proportion early on, and then the rest will fall together w/ your rendering skills . . . this is the same thing a lot of my artwork suffers from . . . but overall, :up: :up:

pretty dyanmic stuff, keith . . . your rendering skills and value (shading) are superior in almost every way . . . and you generally take the time to come up w/ interesting character perspectives . . .

my only piece of criticism, is sometimes it seems that you're more interested in the rendering than the composition itself, and that can take away from the final piece . . . in addition, your proportion is a bit off in some of these pieces . . . .

I would concentrate more on the composition, and nailing the proportion early on, and then the rest will fall together w/ your rendering skills . . . this is the same thing a lot of my artwork suffers from . . . but overall, :up: :up:

I hear what you're saying about the compisition, and I noticed it, too. The only thing is that most of the pics that I've been doing are mainly to sjow a realistic concept image. So I try to stick with poses that show as much of the character as possible. I try not to obscure sections of the arms, face, or body, because I want the entire outfit and figure to be seen.

I know it looks boring, but I'm not really after making an exciting pic as much as I am making a persuaive one (as in trying to persuade anyone who sees the image how the design could possibly work in a live action setting.)

Eventaully I'll throw together some action pics with much more exciting content, but for right now, I'm focusing more on concept art.

ps- I've been practicing my proportion a lot, and I'm a lot better than I was even a week ago. Let me know if anything still looks unbalanced the next time I post. And thanks for the constructive criticism! It's always welcome!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"