Kenan Thompson and Kel Mitchell are back for Good Burger 2!

2b0b60100de4c57e51b96943f2432f8c28940f80.gifv

4d07982049f0decef2fe9f2a83d854b9e6dd8b3c.gifv

2f813297e4f71061a360ca8fc77ade35a5e1e67f.gifv

896ce7f36030f4bef428bff2a508dd655082927a.gifv

Half tempted to revisit the movie for the first time in decades, but I feel like it might be one of those things I only liked because I was a kid.

I can't remove my nostalgia from it so even watching it today, I still enjoyed it.

Half tempted to revisit the movie for the first time in decades, but I feel like it might be one of those things I only liked because I was a kid.

giphy.gif

I ended up going to the set of this for around 5 hours. Got a glimpse of Keenan and Kel, and Kel ended up dancing in the window of the good burger place haha. We were told they would come out at some point and take pics, but at that point we were exhausted and I ended up getting the worst sunburn ive had in 20 years, so I was all set by that point. Still cool though!

I mean, I'll watch it for nostigala's sake but this doesn't look all that good.

Good Burger 2 is streaming on Paramount+ today!

Oh, man... I'm such a huge fan of the first movie, I was so excited about this sequel... but this was quite the terrible experience. Within the first 20 minutes I wanted to turn it off, I convinced myself to grin and bear it. For starters, it basically has the exact same plot as the original, just updated to modern times. The acting was horrendous (which I anticipated, but not to this level). The jokes were nails on a chalk board, cringe worthy (even for a Good Burger movie). And the soundtrack, compared to the original soundtrack (which I loved), was garbage.

A few positives...
I enjoyed the cameos. I love the old school All That cast, so it was nice seeing Lori Beth Denberg, Josh Server, and even Danny Tamberelli! I even enjoyed Carmen Electra playing Roxanne again. Her scene made me chuckle. And I was happy to see Shar Jackson back in at least SOME capacity.

Also I like the yo-yo call back, and the orange soda reference from Kenan & Kel.

Overall, this movie makes me love the original even more. This one is forgettable. 1.5/10

Guess we're not missing much! I mean, if they were gonna do a Good Burger 2, that ship has long sailed.

Oh, man... I'm such a huge fan of the first movie, I was so excited about this sequel... but this was quite the terrible experience. Within the first 20 minutes I wanted to turn it off, I convinced myself to grin and bear it. For starters, it basically has the exact same plot as the original, just updated to modern times. The acting was horrendous (which I anticipated, but not to this level). The jokes were nails on a chalk board, cringe worthy (even for a Good Burger movie). And the soundtrack, compared to the original soundtrack (which I loved), was garbage.

A few positives...
I enjoyed the cameos. I love the old school All That cast, so it was nice seeing Lori Beth Denberg, Josh Server, and even Danny Tamberelli! I even enjoyed Carmen Electra playing Roxanne again. Her scene made me chuckle. And I was happy to see Shar Jackson back in at least SOME capacity.

Also I like the yo-yo call back, and the orange soda reference from Kenan & Kel.

Overall, this movie makes me love the original even more. This one is forgettable. 1.5/10

DAMN! This breaks my heart. That bad?! I was gonna watch it today as my Thanksgiving movie :(

I also saw it last night. Yeah it's not good but I didn't have any great expectations going in considering how awful the trailers have been, so I thought it was just okay. The best parts were the memberberries and cameos from the past and I thought Ed's son was kinda hilarious.

They also made fun of Gal Gadot's Imagine video which is always a positive in my opinion. :o

Yeah this isn't a good movie by any stretch of the imagination, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't entertained. Maybe its because I have so much nostalgia for the original movie but at least I was never bored during it.

Like others have said the best parts are definitely the cameos and the callbacks to the original although I also thought Lil Rel Howery and Jillian Bell were pretty fun to watch as the villains in this as well.

The plot/story was lazy asf though.

Guess I'll be the odd man out here and say this was cool. Jokes were fine, I actually they didn't OD on the nostalgia bait like say Coming 2 America, and I felt that it retained the spirit of the original. I don't think it's as good as the original but it's still alright.

I usually hate these kinda excuses...but it's a Good Burger sequel. Idk what people here expected. Yes I know a "good movie", but I really don't see the issue with this. The plot of the original was just as lazy (Complaining about the plot with Good Burger 2 just feels a bit silly), the jokes were just as dumb as the original, the acting was I guess a little better in the original. But there was not much different with the sequel without the sequel feeling like a complete retread.

I don't see why if you liked the first Good Burger that you wouldn't like this sequel other than the viewer just being older.

And to be clear I'm not saying "Yo this is the greatest thing ever" or even "You gotta see this". But it's a fine, feel good movie they don't make much anymore. I don't like giving scores to things anymore but a solid 6.5-6.75/10. Not everything has to be the worst thing ever or greatest thing ever

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"