Kevin Feige Adds Marvel Chief Creative Officer Title; He’ll Oversee All Creative & Story Initiatives

This may be the biggest Marvel news this year.

You forget about the Disney-Fox deal earlier this year and the FF, X-Men and Deadpool coming home?

Even if they did press the reboot button on DD— Charlie Cox could easily play a new version of Matt Murdock in the MCU much like JK Simmons played another version of Jonah Jameson.

I think this could be a good strategy. Well, at least with Kingpin anyway. It almost seems that a film version of him needs to be more at Season 1 level where he's still not caught or in jail and people still regard him as a legitimate businessman. They could still get D'Onofrio for him.

It’s a shame they couldn’t take Ike out altogether. But I am glad Feige overrides him.

geez poor guy probably never sleeps!

The good thing is Feige has built a really amazing team that handles a lot of these projects. The team of executive producers includes D'esposito, Alsonso, Tranh, Moore and others, so I wonder if Loeb rises to that level. I know some don't like him, but I think he has done a fairly good job with the TV side, a few missteps notwithstanding, while working under the constraints of Perlmutter. Besides, I'd rather have Loeb there advocating on behalf of some of the actors like Cox and Bernthal, to bring them back.

Logan and Deadpool should be an inspiration, not Joker. DP and Logan maintained the core of the characters and were true to them and they didnt use the name recognition as a box office crutch. Joker represents a very dangerous trend. I personally dont want to see a Lex Luthor biopic about a guy that lives in a completely separate continuity with no Superman and the film is ashamed of its comic roots. This ultra realistic, auteur dark and gritty, faux provocative crap is gonna grow old very quickly.
I'd argue the Joker retains the core of the character as well but that is an argument for another day but I disagree with your core point. And I desire to see Marvel do something similar to Joker with Doom.

You forget about the Disney-Fox deal earlier this year and the FF, X-Men and Deadpool coming home?
We knew they were coming home when it was first announced two years ago. Comcast threw a wrench in things for awhile last year but ever since Kabletown dropped out of the bidding, and since the Fox shareholders unanimously voted for the deal in July 2018 it became inevitable that Marvel will regain the rights back. The deal closing this year is like hearing you got the icing to a cake that you knew for a long time was coming to you. This recent Feige news has major implications for the future of all Marvel going forward and is very recent.

Last edited:
The good thing is Feige has built a really amazing team that handles a lot of these projects. The team of executive producers includes D'esposito, Alsonso, Tranh, Moore and others, so I wonder if Loeb rises to that level. I know some don't like him, but I think he has done a fairly good job with the TV side, a few missteps notwithstanding, while working under the constraints of Perlmutter. Besides, I'd rather have Loeb there advocating on behalf of some of the actors like Cox and Bernthal, to bring them back.
Loeb is done. There are insiders in defenders reddit redd proven track records saying he is retiring next year. The creative comittee and loeb are done influencing live-action marvel in any capacity.

Also Loeb is notorious as being abusive towards his employees and very difficult to work with. He clashed with melissa rosenberg, steven s deknight, cheo hodari coker among others. Many female employees have said that he is dismissive towards them and his assistant is a pain in the butt to work with

Feige on the other hand is described as respectful towards creatives and a pretty decent guy. Again, this is not coming from me. This is coming from sorryeveryonemybad on defenders reddit who is very reliable.

I'd argue the Joker retains the core of the character as well but that is an argument for another day but I disagree with your core point. And I desire to see Marvel do something similar to Joker with Doom.
I dont desire that all. I dont want this direction cor comic book movies. We are far past the era where the genre should be ashamed of its roots. The less movies like joker are made, the better.

Shouldn't there not be a specific direction at all? Isn't variety what gives these movies longevity in the first place. I'm glad movies like Joker exist. If "comic book movies" all became like Joker it'd be terrible, but they won't. I think for Doom I wouldn't make it quite so grounded as Joker, but I definitely think it would be possible to have a movie that focuses on his origin. That could be inside or outside the MCU, but I don't think there's anything that prevents a movie like that from being part of a cinematic universe.

Loeb is done. There are insiders in defenders reddit redd proven track records saying he is retiring next year. The creative comittee and loeb are done influencing live-action marvel in any capacity.

Also Loeb is notorious as being abusive towards his employees and very difficult to work with. He clashed with melissa rosenberg, steven s deknight, cheo hodari coker among others. Many female employees have said that he is dismissive towards them and his assistant is a pain in the butt to work with

Feige on the other hand is described as respectful towards creatives and a pretty decent guy. Again, this is not coming from me. This is coming from sorryeveryonemybad on defenders reddit who is very reliable.

Meh. If he goes, he goes. I don't really put much stock into some reddit guy. Maybe he is legit and maybe not, though I think we would've heard more accounts of difficult behavior. I'd just like someone from the TV-side to kept on to maintain that perspective, maybe Jeff Bell.

I dont desire that all. I dont want this direction cor comic book movies. We are far past the era where the genre should be ashamed of its roots. The less movies like joker are made, the better.
I just think it’d be nice for Marvel to experiment with a different type of movie separate from their ever-growing continuity for once. After all, Marvel comics has already done out-of-continuity stories for years some even about villains.

To each their own.

I just think it’d be nice for Marvel to experiment with a different type of movie separate from their ever-growing continuity for once. After all, Marvel comics has already done out-of-continuity stories for years some even about villains.

To each their own.
It's cool if you like that. I don't. A doom origin out of continuity seems like a waste when the character is gonna eventually appear in the MCU. Put the effort and care and make him great there. A doom origin story with no F4 and him being Doom in name only just doesnt intrest me.

Give him the Loki treatment and make him a standout and a complex presence in the MCU. That looks way more appealing to me. Also Hawley's first feature film got critically trashed so i'm kinda glad his pitch isn't happening.

Meh. If he goes, he goes. I don't really put much stock into some reddit guy. Maybe he is legit and maybe not, though I think we would've heard more accounts of difficult behavior. I'd just like someone from the TV-side to kept on to maintain that perspective, maybe Jeff Bell.
He is legit. He has leaked cancellations, plot details for seasons and creative decisions weeks and days before they have been reported by Deadline or Hollywood reporter. Loeb is notorious about his behaviour man. Just because you haven't heard, it doesn't make it untrue.

He wnet ballistic on the Stranger Things cast in NYCC 2016, he clashed with the majority of the showrunners, Jessica Henwick pretty much hates him after the stunt he pulled with the Karate costume in SDCC for Iron Fist season 2.

The leaker has been verified dozens of times. He broke out the cancellations 3 days beofre tbey happened and he leaked every story beat for Defenders and JJ S3 weeks before they aired and they all payed off.

Does anyone know if Jeff Loeb was difficult to work with prior to the tragic loss of his son?
Just trying to connect some dots...

Does anyone know if Jeff Loeb was difficult to work with prior to the tragic loss of his son?
Just trying to connect some dots...
That would be an excuse if his loss happened recently. Sam passed away 8 years ago if i recall. It doesn't make his behaviour justified.

The guy refused to put IF in his costume while Raven Metzner really wanted it for season 2, he refused to reduce the length of the seasons despite Netflix really pushing for it, he clashed with a lot of execs and showrunners and a lot of other things.

It's cool if you like that. I don't. A doom origin out of continuity seems like a waste when the character is gonna eventually appear in the MCU. Put the effort and care and make him great there. A doom origin story with no F4 and him being Doom in name only just doesnt intrest me.
I think you're being a bit close-minded here. Doing a superhero origin film doesn't necessarily mean it will done like Joker. Hawley's Doom film from the way he describes it sounded like it was going to be inspired by Ed Brukaker’s excellent 'Books Of Doom' and it'd essentially be the "supervillain King Of Scotland."
Noah Hawley is also a much stronger creative force than Philips. Marvel Studios paired with Hawley could make something special, and do something that's much superior to Joker that you may like.
Give him the Loki treatment and make him a standout and a complex presence in the MCU. That looks way more appealing to me. Also Hawley's first feature film got critically trashed so i'm kinda glad his pitch isn't happening.
Need I remind you that Marvel's biggest directors the Russo brothers last movie before they landed their first Marvel film was You, Me and Dupree which was a major commercial and critical flop? Feige still hired them despite this because he liked their vision for WS as well as being impressed with their directing work on television. That right there shows you Marvel doesn't preclude directors from being considered based on the failure of their last movie. If Marvel doesn't do Doom it'd be because they feel it doesn't fit with their FF plans.

Last edited:
Joe Q quietly removed the Chief Creative Officer title from his twitter. I think he'll be fine with the company, he's got a few upcoming projects on the new platform.

Joe Q quietly removed the Chief Creative Officer title from his twitter. I think he'll be fine with the company, he's got a few upcoming projects on the new platform.
The question I have is what’s going to happen with Loeb. According to some scoopers he’s apparently planning to leave his position next year but nothing in the way of solid confirmation yet.

I suspect Feige would prefer to replace him eventually. Though I’m rather curious as to who could replace Loeb in his position if he really does leave.

On the topic of comics, I want things running separately as well, especially now that the X-Line is reaching new heights. But a decision like retconning Wanda and Pietro into not being Magneto's kids happened well before Feige got this position. The comics have always awkwardly responded to the movies in some cases.

I think a soft reboot is likely for these characters. Some may get a hard reboot. As far as personnel, I think:
Cox, Bernthal - safe
Coulter, Jones - booted. Not good actors

I enjoyed Luke Cage far more than Punisher. I didn't even finish the second season of Punisher it was so dull.
If you're going to reboot one you have to reboot it all. I enjoyed Netflix Marvel but for the most part I have no problem with seeing another take of the same heroes, including Daredevil.

I think you're being a bit close-minded here. Doing a superhero origin film doesn't necessarily mean it will done like Joker. Hawley's Doom film from the way he describes sounded like it was going to be inspired by Ed Brukakers excellent 'Books Of Doom' and it'd essentially the "superhero King Of Scotland."

Noah Hawley is also a much stronger creative force than Philips. Marvel Studios paired with Hawley could make something special, and do something that's much superior to Joker that you may like.

Need I remind you that Marvel's biggest directors the Russo brothers last movie before they landed their first Marvel film was You, Me and Dupree which was a major commercial and critical flop? Feige still hired them despite this based on liking their vision for WS as well as being impressed with their directing work on television. That right there shows you Marvel doesn't preclude directors from being considered based on the failure of their last movie. If Marvel doesn't do Doom it''d be because they feel it doesn't fit with their plans.
I have seen both fargo and legion. Legion got increasingly self indulgent in the last two seasons. Hawley needs to be reigned in.

If he wants his doom movie to take place in the mcu, good. I dont wanna waste a marvel studios slot on a doom origin story out of continuity when its certain victor will appear in the mcu sooner or later.

It seems completely counter productive to me.

I really liked the first season of Legion but agree that it did get self-indulgent later on and unnecessarily hard to follow. It was original though and worth the while. I do wish some of the story could've been a bit more forward and easier to follow though as at times it felt just being experimental to be experimental.

I read in above post someone saying Jessica Henwick angry about Loeb's Karate costume found the video below:

Jessica Henwick from the video I don't think has a problem with Jeph Loeb. She went out while he was onstage right on cue when asked if anyone wanted to challenge him so didn't come off too awkward even if unscripted to have him hand her the karate costume. If anything was unscripted it seemed in the video to have settled.

At ComicCon, pretty bad gaffe thinking he was co-splaying for the show in a karate costume (whether encouraged by group backstage right beforehand or not) to do so to add flair to the presentation. He may get a lecture by a karate master (or stunt coordinator or stunt doubles sometimes trained in the discipline on a movie's set) about real accolades and respectful representation of said discipline from time to time though if this is brought up in a conversation and I think he's gotten very serious and apologetic about it since then.

Not all producers have to put on presentations for crowd or media.

Last edited:
Kevin Feige's such a master at PR, maybe Jeph Loeb could dress as a mime standing behind Kevin Feige copying all of his movements at the next Comic Con perhaps?

If he dresses as Kevin Feige or a mime the comparison will be a token to behold.:hehe:

Last edited:
I really liked the first season of Legion but agree that it did get self-indulgent later on and unnecessarily hard to follow. It was original though and worth the while. I do wish some of the story could've been a bit more forward and easier to follow though as at times it felt just being experimental to be experimental.

I read in above post someone saying Jessica Henwick angry about Loeb's Karate costume found the video below:

Jessica Henwick from the video I don't think has a problem with Jeph Loeb. She went out while he was onstage right on cue when asked if anyone wanted to challenge him so didn't come off too awkward even if unscripted to have him hand her the karate costume. If anything was unscripted it seemed in the video to have settled.

At Comic Con, a pretty bad gaffe thinking he was co-splaying for the show in a karate costume (whether encouraged by group backstage right beforehand or not) to do so to add flair to the presentation at a comic con panel. He may get a lecture by a karate master (or stunt coordinator or stunt doubles sometimes trained in the discipline on a movie's set) about real accolades and respectful representation of said discipline from time to time though if this is brought up in a conversation and I think he's gotten very serious and apologetic about it since then.

Not all producers have to put on presentations for crowd or media.

Jessica was furious. Just because she put a game face in the panel, it doesnt mean she wasnt angry. And she also hated the role of Colleen Wing thinking that she was the token Asian character.

Again the guy saying that stuff has been proven right NUMEROUS TIMES. The people on defenders reddit tag him multiple times since he is a proven insider. I can tell you for certain that Colter, Jones and Henwick are done with their roles. Colter is on Cheo Hodar Coker's side and Cheo hates Loeb. Jones was devastated by the IR reception and he is burned out. H the actors have moved on. It's the fans that cant despite the fact that the Defenders verse was a very mixed bag as a whole.

Jessica was furious. Just because she put a game face in the panel, it doesnt mean she wasnt angry. And she also hated the role of Colleen Wing thinking that she was the token Asian character.

Again the guy saying that stuff has been proven right NUMEROUS TIMES. The people on defenders reddit tag him multiple times since he is a proven insider. I can tell you for certain that Colter, Jones and Henwick are done with their roles. Colter is on Cheo Hodar Coker's side and Cheo hates Loeb. Jones was devastated by the IR reception and he is burned out. H the actors have moved on. It's the fans that cant despite the fact that the Defenders verse was a very mixed bag as a whole.

I actually don't feel the Defenders show really delivered and a lot of the Netflix shows kind of tripped over the same stumbling blocks pacing wise, bit repetitive, and save for Daredevil very sparse on Budget moreso than the ABC shows it seemed. Still, DD had some moments in it that were absolute gold and Season 3 I felt was probably the only Netflix show that felt strong each episode beginning to end. Still, the past kind of weighed it down.

I just think Kevin Feige's the good student so to speak.:halo:

Last edited:
That would be an excuse if his loss happened recently. Sam passed away 8 years ago if i recall. It doesn't make his behaviour justified.

The guy refused to put IF in his costume while Raven Metzner really wanted it for season 2, he refused to reduce the length of the seasons despite Netflix really pushing for it, he clashed with a lot of execs and showrunners and a lot of other things.

Some people never get over a loss of a child.

So yeah, my question still stands.
Thanks.
:yay:

This is great news, and well deserved for the man. I'm especially thrilled this takes Perlmutter further out of the loop. Excellent businessman, I'm sure the shareholders love their Ike, but he couldn't care less about the IP other than as a license to print money.

The good times keep rolling, and I can't wait to see what the MCU is building up to next. There should be even more synergy across all mediums with Feige as the overseer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"