Kevin Feige Adds Marvel Chief Creative Officer Title; He’ll Oversee All Creative & Story Initiatives

Its a no brainer.

Its not a strong ratings performer and the Disney + shows pretty much killed this. Runaways is next while Helstrom would just come and go.

EHrclUTUYAA6Ftk

Never watched it, but anything non-MCU is clearly in the line of fire on TV. Runaways will likely be done after it's third season.

I kinda feel bad for the cast and crew and I wish Marvel Studios knew earlier that they were going to do streaming shows. I feel like these shows are just gonna be ignored similar to non mcu movies that weren't really successful and popular. But I think this is for the best. In hindsight, these shows were time waster like personally speaking because I required myself to watch them all despite knowing that I wont really enjoy any of them and they would just be watered down version because of budget restrictions. And all of them are just ending abruptly. While the one that lasted more than 3 seasons, should have ended a long time ago.

Last edited:
Loved the show, but can't say I am shocked given Loeb is leaving.

Feige is cleaning house. 'Everything is connected' will mean something when he is done restructuring Marvel TV and animation.

I don't need animation connected, I just hope Feige cares enough about it to make it good. I want to see Iron Man and Cap again. Plus Spider-Man if Sony pulls him.

I just hope everything being connected doesn't limit the types of programming that can be done. No longer doing live action network based TV may be for the better in some cases but content wise I hope it doesn't feel the same.

Company restructuring shouldn't necessitate automatically axing everything as it's just the viewers that miss out and leaves a lot of hard work down the drain not to mention job loss from people having nothing to do with upper level disagreements.

There was a time not too long ago when Agent Carter S2 was going where it seemed no Marvel show was getting cancelled anytime soon and more shows were going to appear on ABC whether ABC liked it or not. All of a sudden over this past year and a half Fox Shows, Netflix shows, and others in planning kind of abruptly getting denied or ending seems like there's been some upper level puppetry going on for a while now. Disney's grown so big they're willing to cannibalize their own foot now and again I suppose.

Anyway, this SVOD service Disney's trying to make only can run part of Fox's entire film library so Hulu presumably is important. Runaways being on Hulu I think will be to it's benefit if Disney wants to keep content flowing there but Marvel may just get increasingly more contained to the point Disney will need to seek programming elsewhere if in fact aggressive overseas expansion of Hulu packaged with Disney+ is going to happen.

There definitely needs to be less content made in favor of better quality. Disney Plus can produce a bigger budget and the resources of the entire MCU. Also, watching all of Marvel content on Disney Plus means you won't need several subscriptions to watch them all.
I do agree with a previous poster than Marvel Animation doesn't have to be connected but all live-action should be.

The budget difference should make a significant difference in maintaining quality.

The budget difference should make a significant difference in maintaining quality.

I agree.
Previously you were seeing as many as 10 Marvel-based properties a year. That is way too many and an oversaturation of the market. There should be no more than 5 shows a year. Fewer shows, fewer episodes, bigger budgets. Make the shows that do come out MEAN something, rather than getting lost in the shuffle. That is a sure-fire way to build hype and interest.

So I guess this means that Marvel's Most Wanted is definitely not happening? :o

That I think was the first early indications of things to come concerning Marvel TV and what I was trying to get at concerning perhaps some upper level stalling being done from Disney owning ABC yet not pushing so hard anymore concerning anything Marvel related on TV.

Next was various shows in development and gestating for a while going nowhere... Then the stalling of new productions using Fox purchase as an excuse which was odd as so many shows still ongoing few years back. That was all before Disney followed this by announcing plans for their streaming service getting Netflix shows axed way earlier and through Marvel TV's rigid interaction patterns woth Netflix concerning episide count and quality

There's been something else internally at play all along it seems beyond cover reasons for shows in limbo, being passed on, or cancelled. Very cunning.

They had their own Thanos endgame in play for years once they bought Marvel. They knew everything was gonna either be under their umbrella or not at all.

I just hope everything being connected doesn't limit the types of programming that can be done. No longer doing live action network based TV may be for the better in some cases but content wise I hope it doesn't feel the same.

Company restructuring shouldn't necessitate automatically axing everything as it's just the viewers that miss out and leaves a lot of hard work down the drain not to mention job loss from people having nothing to do with upper level disagreements.

There was a time not too long ago when Agent Carter S2 was going where it seemed no Marvel show was getting cancelled anytime soon and more shows were going to appear on ABC whether ABC liked it or not. All of a sudden over this past year and a half Fox Shows, Netflix shows, and others in planning kind of abruptly getting denied or ending seems like there's been some upper level puppetry going on for a while now. Disney's grown so big they're willing to cannibalize their own foot now and again I suppose.

Anyway, this SVOD service Disney's trying to make only can run part of Fox's entire film library so Hulu presumably is important. Runaways being on Hulu I think will be to it's benefit if Disney wants to keep content flowing there but Marvel may just get increasingly more contained to the point Disney will need to seek programming elsewhere if in fact aggressive overseas expansion of Hulu packaged with Disney+ is going to happen.

I'll be curious to see how they use Hotstar. They could put Disney and Hulu under that umbrella in densely populated parts of the world. Likely just Hulu though as Disney + is a global brand itself and target specific. So Marvel on Hulu in the future makes all the sense in the world to me. Massive audience.

Last edited:
Whenever I hear about people asking to keep actors from Marvel TV the consensus is always Cox, D'Onofrio, Bernthal. Most people want Ritter and Bennet as well. Some people want everyone including Jones and Coulter. I hear no one talking about Elodie Yung. She was a great cast as Elektra as well. Not sure why she doesn't get the same level of recognition.

Whenever I hear about people asking to keep actors from Marvel TV the consensus is always Cox, D'Onofrio, Bernthal. Most people want Ritter and Bennet as well. Some people want everyone including Jones and Coulter. I hear no one talking about Elodie Yung. She was a great cast as Elektra as well. Not sure why she doesn't get the same level of recognition.
She had a secondary role, never the protagonists or antagonist. However some say the entire cast of Marvel TV minus this and that guy.

I don't need animation connected, I just hope Feige cares enough about it to make it good. I want to see Iron Man and Cap again. Plus Spider-Man if Sony pulls him.
Me either. Live action and animated stuff should be separated imo. Also, if they make it connected, they wouldn't make the most of the lead characters' rogue gallery because they would save the bigger characters for the films and it would just be limited to 2 to 3 villains per season. That's what I hated about the live action tv shows.

I agree.
Previously you were seeing as many as 10 Marvel-based properties a year. That is way too many and an oversaturation of the market. There should be no more than 5 shows a year. Fewer shows, fewer episodes, bigger budgets. Make the shows that do come out MEAN something, rather than getting lost in the shuffle. That is a sure-fire way to build hype and interest.
I would like fewer episodes like 10 episodes. But shows like Lost, Heroes (first season), Once Upon a Time (first season) and other great network shows in the past, proved that a 22 to 24 episodes per season for a serialized show can be great and exciting. I feel like these mcu shows should have been as popular as The Walking Dead, Game of Thrones, This is Us, Stranger Things or whatever shows that were really popular in the 2010s.

The problem with the mcu shows is they were treated like 2nd citizens compare to the mcu films and because of this, the public don't treat them as highly as the mcu films.. The shows are like side dish, theyare limited in what they can feature, like you will not see an Avenger showing up in Cloak & Dagger for a special two part episode. You will not see a 10 minute action in the middle of New York. You will not see the iconic costume, if they featured a superhero costume, it looked cheap. Action sequences always have to be shot in a tight hallway or a room. And when they featured street fight scenes, they looked underbudget. The shows also drag things, always saving something for the season finale or the next season and when those episode arrived, they didnt live up to expectations. The quality is also very inconsistent. And imo, they were only greenlit because marvel tv wanted to cash in from the popularity of the mcu, while the films couldn't careless what the shows do. So there's just a big disconnect. Hopefully the D+ shows will change this.

Last edited:
Honestly, I thought her story was told and didn't need to be revisited.

Yeah I'm also not dying to see Elektra again. I thought Elodie Yung played it well but I'm just not super interested in that character.

Honestly, I thought her story was told and didn't need to be revisited.
That is how I feel about all of the TV headliners. At best they might be used as much as War Machine but most of them might see one fight and done like Batroc.

If Quake comes over then they need to bring Fitz and Simmons imo as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
monke77
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"