Kevin Smith also wants Keaton as Batman for JLA !

You never know.

Some high-ups might think Smith has a point. The only question is if WB calls, will Keaton answer? If Batman really is the "lynchpin" of the film, it would make sense for him to be older. If he's too damn young, well, we have a young, slightly inexperienced Batman in the Nolan franchise. You cast a guy that's too young, and you can't buy the fact that he's this unstoppable powerhouse that would build the brother satillite. And Keaton coming back would raise a lot of eyebrows and put a lot of curious asses in the seats.

Can anyone do a manip of Keaton's face in the new TDK Batsuit?

Here you go....

49678018qn2.jpg

Yeah, it's hack job, but it's good enough for a quick peek.

I think it's going to be really hard for them to get this movie to work right.

The idea of Keaton rocks.

That would put alot of pressure to have excellent casting for the rest of the JLA.

If it's not Bale, Keaton is the only other logical choice, in my book.

There are two Batman universes - Burton's and Nolan's. If JLA is not connected to Nolan's universe, it should be the return to Burton's. A THIRD universe for Batman seems really unnecessary to me.

Fans of the old tv show might argue there are three (I'm not one of them, but hey).

Besides, Burton's series was over by 1992. By your rationale, Adam West should be in the running along with Bale and Keaton.

I like the idea of Keaton in a Kingdom Come adaptation but for JL? No thanks.

I think it's going to be really hard for them to get this movie to work right.

The idea of Keaton rocks.

That would put alot of pressure to have excellent casting for the rest of the JLA.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: make it a showcase of the older DCU actors. Get John Shipp back as the Flash. Lynda Carter as WW, and Dean Cain as Superman.

Batman and Robin ain't dynamic duo anymore :brucebat:
75443834.jpg

and Dock Ock is in there too! haha. its funny lookin at that pic, i never thought i'd see the day when i see those 2 together. someone should do a manip of this.

and even though i dont really care for anything kevin smith does or says, i must admit im happy to see more known ppl who also think keaton would be awsome as the bat. my only question is, would keaton do it?

Isn't the rumor that Bruce Wayne wont appear at all in JL? With some exercise and a bit of make up you've instantly got a 45 year old Batman.

I work at a comic book store (The best in the state!), and a co-worker came in today and, knowing I'm a big Keaton Batfan, told me about a tidbit he heard on the radio this morning here in southern CA.

There's this radio show with two guys (I don't recall the name, I'll ask and get back to you all), and this morning, they were arguing about who was the best Batman, Adam West or Christian Bale. Well, they were arguing over it, and they decided to call the man they always call to break a tie: Kevin Smith. They called him up and he declared them to be both wrong; that Michael Keaton was the best Batman.

My co-worker didn't tell me their reaction to what Smith said, so I can only wonder.

It's funny, Smith seemed to dog heavily on Burton's films years ago (Not so much Keaton), but seems to like them now, and always has had much praise for Keaton.

So it's nice to see someone with some clout among fanboys admit he thinks Keaton is still the best. Kind of validates being a fan of Keaton, when it's not so popular anymore.

I work at a comic book store (The best in the state!), and a co-worker came in today and, knowing I'm a big Keaton Batfan, told me about a tidbit he heard on the radio this morning here in southern CA.

There's this radio show with two guys (I don't recall the name, I'll ask and get back to you all), and this morning, they were arguing about who was the best Batman, Adam West or Christian Bale. Well, they were arguing over it, and they decided to call the man they always call to break a tie: Kevin Smith. They called him up and he declared them to be both wrong; that Michael Keaton was the best Batman.

My co-worker didn't tell me their reaction to what Smith said, so I can only wonder.

It's funny, Smith seemed to dog heavily on Burton's films years ago (Not so much Keaton), but seems to like them now, and always has had much praise for Keaton.

So it's nice to see someone with some clout among fanboys admit he thinks Keaton is still the best. Kind of validates being a fan of Keaton, when it's not so popular anymore.

I have far bigger problems with Burton than Keaton. Keaton was great. As an overall package (Batman + Bruce Wayne), Bale is better but when talking only about Batman I think Keaton is better. Bale's Batman voice was too forced although it was perfect in ONE scene: Flass interrogation. Otherwise I think Keaton was better in that part of the role.

I like Bale, but I still feel Keaton's the best.

I also prefer Keaton as Batman even when I admit Bale is probably the better actor.

And I agree with redfire about Bale's bat-voice being too forced and the Flass interrogation scene being perfect.

I think Keaton and Bale are just about level. After The Dark Knight I think we might see Bale pull into the lead.

I still like them equally for what differences they brought to the role!

I prefer Keaton his performance seemed to get more into the head of the batman character he was more believable as a man so haunted by his parents murder he dresses as a bat bale is a good choise from todays actors but he only beats keaton on looks and nothing else IMO.

The thing that excites me most about Dark Knight is possibly seeing bruce's decent into greater and greater obsession, and actually becoming batman more and more.

I think when it comes down to it, history will remember Keaton and Bale as the two greatest bat-men.

Bale corresponds better to the Batman of our time, I find.
While Keaton knew how to him to make of the figure a at the same time odd and imposing role. I would join almost Smith on this point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"