Kick Ass 2 announcement coming soon

Discussion in 'Marvel Films' started by JeetKuneDo, Nov 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. flickchick85

flickchick85 Loose Seal

I'm pretty confident he will continue to hate this series, lol.

That said, his main problem seemed to be Chloe's (not Hit-Girl's) age, that she was required to say and do the things she does in the film at that age. So that might be less of an issue for him this time around, but I still don't see this installment doing anything to endear the series to him though. It's still the same universe, characters and conceit that didn't appeal to him before.

2. addison81

addison81 Well-Known Member

I don't think there will be a trailer for awhile. The director said last week he gotta call from the studio about trailers/posters so looks like they are just now getting it ready. Any big movies coming up they would attach it to?

3. A Necessary Evil

A Necessary Evil One. Bad. Day.

I find it odd that he hated Kick-Ass because of a foul mouthed actress, yet loved Taxi Driver. Lol

4. flickchick85

flickchick85 Loose Seal

Yeah, that was brought up quite a bit when his first review came about. As I recall, he considered the context/circumstances to be quite different.

5. A Necessary Evil

A little child doing things we don't want to see in real life. :o

I don't know, I've always found Ebert off. Like...not that I'm sticking up for it, but I remember him saying he didn't like Wolverine Origins because he's basically invincible. There are many, many issues with the movie, but... :rolleyes:

6. flickchick85

flickchick85 Loose Seal

His views on superhero movies have always been kinda all over the place, imo. His favorite Batman of the Burton/Schumacher series was Batman Forever, because it lightened things up a bit from Burton's "gloomy" approach, yet Batman Begins was apparently the Batman movie he'd always wanted. I still don't get how he had such problems with Thor's internal logic (as he also seemed to have a difficult time grasping the basics of the plot), while having no problems with the many plot holes and contrivances of pretty much every other movie in the genre. I mean, Thor is definitely one of my least favorite MCU movies, so I'm not usually one to defend it, but his whole review for that one just didn't make a lick of sense to me. He's never been particularly consistent with the issues he has with these movies, imo, so I guess I'm just used to it at this point, lol.

7. zanos

zanos Well-Known Member

I think Ebert has an issue with violence once it gets too over the top. He hated Hitcher, with C.Thomas Howell, and I loved that film.

8. A Necessary Evil

Yeah, pretty much agreed 100% (although Thor is one of my favorites, so we'll agree to disagree there), but it has been. I give him props for liking Hulk, so I know I'm not alone in that. :oldrazz: Also, didn't he say X-Men 3 was the best of the series?

9. eddy

eddy Make Mine Marvel

Would they put a trailer for a R rated Kick Ass 2 on a pg 13 Iron Man 3? We may have to wait for a R rated movie.

10. flickchick85

flickchick85 Loose Seal

I enjoy Thor well enough, I just prefer all the other MCU movies except IM2 and TIH more.

While I didn't love it, I did like Hulk better than TIH, and looking at that TIH vs. Hulk thread, it would appear you're far from alone.

I don't know if he ever declared a preference, but he gave it the same star rating (3/4) as he gave X2. But that is the highest rating he's given any of them, so it wouldn't surprise me.

11. addison81

addison81 Well-Known Member

Anyone get the feeling if this is good people will say it's because Vaughn was hands on,and if it's bad people will blame Wadlow? Hope not , im fan of Matthew Vaughn but if Wadlow pulls this off he deserves a break.

12. A Necessary Evil

You almost got me there, I prefer it over IM2, TIH and CA, So agreed, basically.

:up:

I think I read something..but I forget where, and it's been a while. But yeah he's quite..off, for my taste.

13. flickchick85

flickchick85 Loose Seal

Nah, this isn't a Snyder/Nolan situation, where the studio is trying to associate it with Vaughn as much as possible. Wadlow is the director AND writer on this, and Vaughn left it to him because he straight-up didn't have time for it. It will be pretty much impossible for anyone to deny that this is Wadlow's movie.

...It's already happening. It's got a June release with a trailer that should be out any day now.

14. eddy

eddy Make Mine Marvel

I want the trailer now :cmad:

15. JeetKuneDo

JeetKuneDo Guitarist

That's interesting...

Hope I like this one. The first one blew me away. I guess I should not expect "magic" again.

16. JeetKuneDo

JeetKuneDo Guitarist

I hope there isn't too much "Hit Girl romance". She's too friggin' cool for romance! :jedi

As you said later, the good thing is that you didn't have to sit around all this time hoping for KA2 to happen. Sure looked like it wasn't for a long time.

Agreed.

I like the first appearance of Hit-Girl myself. For one thing, it's the first time we see her...for another, her grin cracks me up...and lastly that music is so wrong it's perfect.

17. AVEITWITHJAMON

AVEITWITHJAMON Cloud kicks ass

As someone else pointed out, he has written and directed this, so credit or criticism will be given to him depending on how he does.

Vaughn will still get some credit if it good though, as apparently he hand picked Wadlow to direct this.

18. DarbyD53

DarbyD53 Well-Known Member

Been moved to August :-( from June release

19. Liam_H

Liam_H Well-Known Member

Its probably for the best. This type of movie might get swallowed up by the larger releases.

20. DarbyD53

DarbyD53 Well-Known Member

I agree. Just hate having to wait plus I always seen to get burnt out of going to theater around August. Wish we were getting another April release.

21. jacobed

jacobed Well-Known Member

Yeah this is a pure money move which I think was the right move. It was going to get destroyed in June. August is a much better release date

22. animexcel

animexcel Well-Known Member

I guess I'm not too upset about the delay. I think it will give it more time to advertise the film a couple more months.

23. Greens

Greens I am Danny DeVito

Trailer coming March 15th.

[​IMG]

24. AVEITWITHJAMON

AVEITWITHJAMON Cloud kicks ass

Awesome, cant wait to see a trailer for this, hope its good!

25. Dave McFly

Dave McFly Zemeckis Cube!

nice length for a trailer cannot wait for this :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.