Kick Ass 2 announcement coming soon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Confirmed by one of the Producers and script writers from the first movie, that's who.

Confirmed by one of the Producers and script writers from the first movie, that's who.

So ONE of the producers and ONE of the script writers say that they are not making Kick-Ass 2, and you believe that the project itself will never get made. There are still OTHER producers from the first movie, and OTHER script writers from the first movie, who may very well be intending to make Kick-Ass 2. They might just be waiting for a completed script to confirm anything.

And do you think that those TWO people are the ONLY producers and script writers in ALL of Hollywood? That if THEY don't make a movie, it's not going to get made?

Look, I'm not saying that KA2 is definitely going to be made, or that it definitely isn't. It might reside in Development Hell for the next 10 years for all I know. All I'm saying is that it is WAY TOO EARLY to know for sure, one way or the other. And it will take more than one of the umpteen producers and one of the umpteen script writers saying "Well, I'm not going to have anything to do with that project" to convince me that there's no way in Hell that this project is gonna get off the ground.

No, the producer AND script writer. Jane Goldman was a portion of both.

I really, really doubt kick-ass 2 is happening. I could be wrong, but I'm willing to bet I'm right.

And that was a LONG time ago. Using more recent news tends to give a more accurate depiction of things.

Also. goldman/vaughn said they weren't working on the script THEN. There is no contradiction. If they are going to enter preproduction soon that's about the time they'll start with the script.

I really, really doubt kick-ass 2 is happening. I could be wrong, but I'm willing to bet I'm right.

I'm willing to bet too. I'm pretty sure I would take your money in such a bet. We'll find out in the following months though.

Sam Neil said JP4 was happening.

Tobey Maguire said SM4 was happening.

I'm glad we've gotten those movies too, cause the actors said it was happening. :)

Sam Neil said JP4 was happening.

Tobey Maguire said SM4 was happening.

I'm glad we've gotten those movies too, cause the actors said it was happening. :)

Yeah, but they're just actors. Not writers, directors, or producers.

So the writer and director of Kick-Ass said that they weren't going to be making Kick-Ass 2? Big deal. Does that mean Miller can't or won't ask other writers and directors to take a crack at it? No, it doesn't.

So until Miller says, "I've asked every writer, director, and producer in Hollywood to make Kick-Ass 2 and they've all turned me down," I'm going to hope that the film does get made.

Yeah, but they're just actors. Not writers, directors, or producers.

So the writer and director of Kick-Ass said that they weren't going to be making Kick-Ass 2? Big deal. Does that mean Miller can't or won't ask other writers and directors to take a crack at it? No, it doesn't.

So until Miller says, "I've asked every writer, director, and producer in Hollywood to make Kick-Ass 2 and they've all turned me down," I'm going to hope that the film does get made.

The last I checked, Chloe Moretz was an actress...:huh:

Once again, millar is a liar. I like the guy, but he's a damn fine liar.

The last I checked, Chloe Moretz was an actress...:huh:

Once again, millar is a liar. I like the guy, but he's a damn fine liar.

My opinion isn't based solely on Chloe Moretz's claims that KA2 is being made though. Not once have I said "Well, if Chloe says she's starring in KA2, then they MUST be making it."

Your argument is that the writer and director of KA1 said that they're not going to be making KA2. I say that just because those two individuals, out of all of the hundreds and hundreds of writers and directors in Hollywood, say that THEY aren't going to make KA2 doesn't necessarily mean that it won't get done.

I know this poster is fan made, and in no way indicates that they're going forward with this movie, but I thought I'd post it anyway.

KICK_ASS_2_Balls_to_the_Wall_by_reservoiredwolf.jpg

Sooooooo about that announcement that this was for sure being made? :o

Who said it was for sure? It's a possibility not a certainty and more evidence points to it being made than the opposite.

I know this is a month old, but I did a search to see if this project was happening or not and found this:

http://screenrant.com/kick-ass-2-movie-director-matthew-vaughn-rob-146235/

It claims that Vaughn is searching for a new writer/director and the actors, or at least Moretz, are physically prepping for the film. So, if the actors are preparing, it sounds like the movie may actually happen.

However, without Vaughn and Goldman deftly reimagining the story like they did with the first one, I fear this will fall flat on its face. Time will tell.

Thats too bad that Vaughn and Goldman aren't back because the comics are not very good. Those 2 took an interesting idea that Millar had and they made it so much better its not even funny.

I hope they make a sequel, even if they change a lot of things, and yeah, i think the film was better and funnier than the comic, the characters were more likeable too so i don't knpw how they're going to pull off all those crimes performed by Red Mist as he's much more violent

I definately think the film improved on the comic, so it is dissapointing that Vaughn and Goldman arent coming back, hopefully they get a competent writer and director to tackle it though.

Thats too bad that Vaughn and Goldman aren't back because the comics are not very good. Those 2 took an interesting idea that Millar had and they made it so much better its not even funny.

Yeah I agree, Kick-ass 2 is pretty godawful...in my opinion.

I liked the first Kick-Ass and they probably should get going with the sequel before Christopher Mintz-Plasse (sp?) loses his geeky baby fat and suddenly overnight turns into a hunk.

Yeah I agree, Kick-ass 2 is pretty godawful...in my opinion.

I actually think it's improved and the last 2-3 issues have at least been entertaining--if far too dark, cynical and thinly-developed (in terms of characters) to work as a sequel to the first movie.

Still, KA2 would need an even larger reworking than the first volume did to make a good movie and without Vaughn and Goldman at the helm I worry the replacement(s) do more or less what's in the book.

I liked the first Kick-Ass and they probably should get going with the sequel before Christopher Mintz-Plasse (sp?) loses his geeky baby fat and suddenly overnight turns into a hunk.

I think they're more worried about Moretz becoming too old for the part. While the idea of doing a movie when Hit-Girl is an adult is kind of interesting, most would rather see the tween killing machine return. And the longer they take at making this, the more of a teenager the actress will become. They probably should have shot this movie last year.

^Well yeah they need to make it soon as Chloe isnt far from her late teens. I havent read the sequel comics but I imagine the way things played out differently in the movie would effect some story threads for KA2.

I actually think it's improved and the last 2-3 issues have at least been entertaining--if far too dark, cynical and thinly-developed (in terms of characters) to work as a sequel to the first movie.

I think it's just way to freaking violent. Don't get me wrong, I'm not opposed to violence in forms of media...but alot of it is just pointless.

I do like the first arc, and the beginning of part 2 was okay, however.

I'll believe it when someone other than Millar says it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back