Kick ash 2 announcement coming soon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Based on what I'm seeing, it seems I was right and the producers have decided to simply ignore the fact that Mindy was 11 years old in the last film.

Based on what I'm seeing, it seems I was right and the producers have decided to simply ignore the fact that Mindy was 11 years old in the last film.
I still don't understand why you're assuming that, but I guess we'll find out if that's the case soon enough.

I didn't care for that Hit-Girl trailer, but that's to be expected as I didn't care for much of the greenband stuff for the first one, either.

EDIT: Didn't realize there was a red-band version of that trailer too. Definitely an improvement, obviously.

Last edited:
I personally loved the Hit-Girl trailer for Kick-ash 2, (I've only seen the greenband one). I'm still being cautious but I'm really looking forward to KA2.

And I haven't read Kick-ash 1,2 or Hit-Girl. Should I read Kick-ash 2 or just watch the film? :huh:

And I haven't read Kick-ash 1,2 or Hit-Girl. Should I read Kick-ash 2 or just watch the film? :huh:
I wasn't really a fan of the KA2 comic, tbh, and am hoping the film will be an improvement over it. I don't think it would get you amped for the film if you read it first, just spoil you for the big plot developments, so I'd recommend watching the film first. That said, I did really enjoy Hit-Girl, and I think you could read that one before the movie comes out because A.) it's more enjoyable as I said and would likely help to whet your appetite for the film, and B.) it only forms the basis of the first half of this film, so it wouldn't spoil you too much for the major events of KA2. Though I know there will be at least a couple of major changes from the KA2 book.

Was it ever specifically stated she was 11? Regardless, if they just ignore it I'm not gonna whine.

They mention a few times that she looks to be about 11. No one ever comes out and says she is 11 years old

Yeah, I'd advise to just ignore the KA2 comic.

Also, dave's reaction (HELLLL YEAAH!?!) geeked me out, because it was just like me when I'm stoked. :awesome::lmao::lmao:

I still don't understand why you're assuming that, but I guess we'll find out if that's the case soon enough.

I didn't care for that Hit-Girl trailer, but that's to be expected as I didn't care for much of the greenband stuff for the first one, either.

EDIT: Didn't realize there was a red-band version of that trailer too. Definitely an improvement, obviously.

I'm assuming it because it's a natural and logical extrapolation of what was shown in the trailer.

Everything in these trailers does seem to point towards the age gap simply being ignored for this film. I'm sure I read a while back Millar said the film would 'explain the age gap within the context of the film' - or words to that effect - so who knows what they'll do.

It's not the age difference that bothers me so much, its more that Hit Girl is so much taller, more broad-shouldered and Kick ash has gone from a skinny kid to a ripped 20-something. Again, if this is explained as 'he got held back a couple years at school' and that he's been training since the 1st film then ok, I can accept that, but if it's just ignored then I feel it might create too much of a disconnect between the two movies.

That, and Wadlow directing make me go into this with very low expectations, though I want it to be amazing like the 1st film.

EDIT: Could Dave be in college in this film?? Would make more sense. And also, the girls watching Mindy do the gym routine look about 20 y.o. IMO, should've cast younger I think

Last edited:
Everything in these trailers does seem to point towards the age gap simply being ignored for this film. I'm sure I read a while back Millar said the film would 'explain the age gap within the context of the film' - or words to that effect - so who knows what they'll do.

It's not the age difference that bothers me so much, its more that Hit Girl is so much taller, more broad-shouldered and Kick ash has gone from a skinny kid to a ripped 20-something. Again, if this is explained as 'he got held back a couple years at school' and that he's been training since the 1st film then ok, I can accept that, but if it's just ignored then I feel it might create too much of a disconnect between the two movies.

That, and Wadlow directing make me go into this with very low expectations, though I want it to be amazing like the 1st film.

EDIT: Could Dave be in college in this film?? Would make more sense. And also, the girls watching Mindy do the gym routine look about 20 y.o. IMO, should've cast younger I think

The one blonde sitting next to Mindy looked 25. Are there no teenage girls left in hollywood?

The one blonde sitting next to Mindy looked 25. Are there no teenage girls left in hollywood?

It seems not :whatever: like they couldn't find a few young looking 18 year olds or something to play those roles. I accept that the lead 'mean girl' who makes Mindy's life hell is going to have more than just one or two lines and thus needs to be a competent actress, there MUST be someone out there who doesn't look 20+ available.

Also, just re-read the press release that states that the characters are graduating so I guess that means they're still in high school, my mistake. Could be weird accepting that...we'll see.

I'm okay if they just go with no explaining her age or they just forget she was 11ish in the first movie. I'd rather ignore that than wonder why Red Mist waited 4 years for revenge.

If her growing 5 inches from her first scene in Kick-ash 1, to her 2nd scene in Kick-ash doesn't bother me this shouldn't either. When Big Daddy shot her right before ice cream she looked 10, once they got to bowling alley for ice cream she looked 13.

I'm okay if they just go with no explaining her age or they just forget she was 11ish in the first movie. I'd rather ignore that than wonder why Red Mist waited 4 years for revenge.

If her growing 5 inches from her first scene in Kick-ash 1, to her 2nd scene in Kick-ash doesn't bother me this shouldn't either. When Big Daddy shot her right before ice cream she looked 10, once they got to bowling alley for ice cream she looked 13.

She was teeny tiny in that scene, and actually looked like she could have been 8 or 9.

I wonder if Jim Carrey's recent anti-gun crusade is going to cause some backlash for the film? I've already heard rumblings of people bringing it up here and there to try and dis-credit Carey.

They shouldn't. I mean, yeah Carrey might be against guns..but this is a freaking movie.

When the shh and coming soon.net pages on Facebook posted the international trailer last week the comment sections on both blew up with gun freaks b****ing about carrey abut how they won't see the film...it was really annoying.

It's just unfortunate timing for him to be gaining a lot of attention for his cause. The pro-gun people are looking for any kind of dirt thay can find on him and he just happens to have a very violent movie he's in coming out.

They mention a few times that she looks to be about 11. No one ever comes out and says she is 11 years old

Chloe said the character was 11 in an interview, so that pretty much settles it.

I'm assuming it because it's a natural and logical extrapolation of what was shown in the trailer.
How? It's not like they said, "Kick-ash will pay for what he did to my father last year." They didn't address the time gap one way or another in a trailer that's under 2 minutes...which is not unusual for a trailer and doesn't mean the movie as a whole won't address it. I mean, the trailer for TDK didn't give us any idea how much time had passed since BB either, but the movie did.

And Christopher Mintz-Plasse has said she'd be going into the 9th grade in this one, when she was going into junior high (which is 6th or 7th grade) at the end of the 1st one, so it seems like they address it. Now it wouldn't surprise me at all if they cheated the ages a little bit (like suggesting she was 12 and Dave was 15 in the first one), but I don't think they'll ignore it completely.

Also, Chloe said she was 11 in an interview because SHE was 11 when they filmed it and the characters in the film never said her age specifically (beyond the "she looks about 11-years-old" line), so the filmmakers can now say she was however old they wanted her to be (within the realm of plausibility, obviously).

Last edited:
look, ultimately the age thing isn't going to make a huge amount of difference. You can either ignore it or whine about it.

Dang the trailer music so far has been awesome and the song choices are great! War, Dance, and Mega-City One!!! I'm glad Dred's brilliant soundtrack is being noticed. :woot:

I thought the Hit-Girl trailer is okay but it lacks a certain oomph.

As for Carrey, the only people who are really angry with him would not see the movie anyway. What with a girl doing all the awesome stuff and all.

...I'd rather ignore that than wonder why Red Mist waited 4 years for revenge

In the Hit-Girl comic they explain Red Mist's absence/growth into a super villain. It's actually quite an amusing riff on a popular movie superhero you might have heard of.... I recommend it! Hope they use that part of the comic in this movie

As for Carrey, the only people who are really angry with him would not see the movie anyway. What with a girl doing all the awesome stuff and all.

Exactly. You'd be pretty daft to ignore a piece of entertainment because you don't agree with the ideals of ONE actor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"