Kick Ass 2 announcement coming soon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not really a fan.
The first one was a good movie, but I hate it when the "hero" is such a wimp.
He was even more of a wimp in the comic.

Methinks you may have missed the point of the movie and comic. He's supposed to be a wimp, because the idea of dressing up in costumes to fight crime is asininely dangerous and only the most delusional of fanboys would do that.

I thought the film was better than expected but the comic was awful. I honestly wish millar was left off any involvement in the new film.

He's all about shock factor in fact from his lastest interview the most proud thing he has to say about the sequel is that [BLACKOUT]katie gets gang raped[/BLACKOUT] just like she was in the comic.

As, that's a shame. Cause she was actually likeable in the movie - unlike in the comic. :o

I hope he's full of it and it's not. Universal is backing this one 9the first was an indie), so they may be more squeamish about that. There is no way to be subversive or witty. That is just something so horrific it's beyond words and it serves the story in no way. I'd change that, how the father story plays out ([blackout]you can kill him, but in prison like that?[/blackout]) and HG's ending. There's a lot of room to change.

How were the Kick-Ass 2 and Hit-Girl comics?

I went all digital midway through Kick-Ass 2, so I was never able to finish it.

Kick Ass 2 the comic wasn't great so I would have no problem with them straying from the storylines in the comic.

I wasn't a fan of Millar's typical shock value rubbish like the
gang rape
. That stuff is just juvenile and dumb.

As long as the original cast returns I'll be happy. Let's hope they improve upon the comic like the first movie....

Yeah the first movie was definately better than the first comic, all of the changes they made were for the better so hopefully its the same in KA2.

I kinda wanna just see Big Daddy return from the grave, just because. I mean, a full-on crazy Nic Cage ghost? What's not to love? But I do find it funny that most of Millar's works is basically looked at and changed accordingly.

It's been said that he writes it so it can become a movie, albeit with changes..and it's not hard to see why.

After just finishing the Kick-Ass 2 trade, I wouldn't mind a few changes.

Because there's stuff in there I don't even think you could get away with on screen even with a hard R rating.

Well, Vaughn wanted a sequel to his movie. Then Millar suddenly went ahead with a sequel to his books, probably hoping the movie would be based on his story again. But I don't think Vaughn ever had any intention of doing that.

I don't know if that's true, but I don't know if I like the idea of HG being known as Mindy. Her stepfather would never let that happen. I'm not against her getting unmasked, but it should happen over the course of the story.

I loved the first film, this was one of the most coolest films I have ever watched. I will look forward to its sequel now and I really hope that it would also feature Chloe Moretz in it.

portable countertop dishwashers

Last edited:
the movie is now rated NC-17........... DAMNNNN

Well, Vaughn wanted a sequel to his movie. Then Millar suddenly went ahead with a sequel to his books, probably hoping the movie would be based on his story again. But I don't think Vaughn ever had any intention of doing that.
Miller was already planing a sequel before Vaugh, he said he allways imagined as a Trilogy of Graphic Novels, or it wouldn't make sence fr the graphic novel to end with a cliffhanger

Strange the way McLovin mentioned though that the sequel has a lower budget, how are they gonna all of these planned big battle scene's with a budget lower than the first movie? I hope Mintz-Plasse was mistaken on that.

Oh..

ed2305b7.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985