Killing the Golden Goose -

Sigh.

And of course,................

NOBODY answered the original question with a yes or no but instead tried to critique my sanity.

meh.

I think your goose metaphor is pretty dated in today's world so I am abstaining.

DC was right to keep him away. That man would slaughter Superman and piss on his memory.

Regarding Varient's original question: I think the continuity of the source material is ****ed with too much in the movies. But you, I, your comic shop guys, and everyone else on these boards are a tiny, tiny minority. The movies still gross tons of money at the box office and in DVD sales, so it's not like the reinterpretations of the characters are really keeping people away (unless they get really bad, like Catwoman). Marvel will keep doing what they know will make money because they're a business. Simple as that.

DC was right to keep him away. That man would slaughter Superman and piss on his memory.

Regarding Varient's original question: I think the continuity of the source material is ****ed with too much in the movies. But you, I, your comic shop guys, and everyone else on these boards are a tiny, tiny minority. The movies still gross tons of money at the box office and in DVD sales, so it's not like the reinterpretations of the characters are really keeping people away (unless they get really bad, like Catwoman). Marvel will keep doing what they know will make money because they're a business. Simple as that.

Thank You.

Actually after the b*tch slap he just got from DC about the Superman movie, his opinion may be different now.

Yeah, actually he's pretty cool with it. He says he understands completely why they didn't go with him, and still can't wait to get to work on the Superman comics. :o

I'm sure he will. He wants to and DC would be stupid not to have him.

Beyond belief. His ideas and thoughts on Superman are mind-numbing.

They've blown Millar off before; what's so special about his begging and pleading this time around that's so different from his last proposal?

What's different from last time? Civil War's sales. :o

Christ, don't remind me.
emot-doom.gif

Well, he's still exclusive to Marvel for 2008. Any number of violent unfortunate tragedies could happen before then.

Oh yeah, I went there and I'm not coming back.

He's exclusive to Marvel only up until mid-2008. So, you know....if something bad were going to happen, it should happen, you know....soon.

Or, you know, by mid-2008. Sixish months. Everything could change.

Too bad what won't change is Millar writing Superman.

Superman's weathered more than his share of bad writers. I'm sure his comics will still be around after Millar's done his damage, and I'm sure they'll be back to their status quo of the last 15 years or so before long.

As of right now, he's not. So, if your whole Millar-sexes-DC theory falls through, you're right, nothing would change.

Superman's weathered more than his share of bad writers. I'm sure his comics will still be around after Millar's done his damage, and I'm sure they'll be back to their status quo of the last 15 years or so before long.

Well, that goes without saying. It's the same with all characters.

All major ones, at least. Inertia in action.
As of right now, he's not. So, if your whole Millar-sexes-DC theory falls through, you're right, nothing would change.
DC is such a rut. Millar's accent would win it over.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"