Killzone 2 showing straight after MS E3 Keynote, July 10th

Zenien

Reaction score
Kotaku & PS3 Fanboy (and prob most others) have received invites to what looks to be the unveiling of Killzone 2 just one hour after the Microsoft E3 Keynote starts on July 10th, 8:30am.

killzoneinvite.JPG

killzonevite.jpg

convite.jpg

Kotaku said:
The E3 Killzone 2 Invite
I just received a very swank looking black envelope (it even had my name and Kotaku written in silver foil) in the mail. Inside was this very stark invitation. On the back? A time, date and a location during E3 and the Playstation logo. Obviously, this has got to be for Killzone PS3, but what is it? It's got to be a hands-on for Killzone PS3? Right? I mean SCEA did already say at Gamer's Day that Killzone for the PS3 would be shown at this year's E3. Oh, and it's two and a half hours long. Brian Crecente

http://kotaku.com/gaming/e307/the-e3-killzone-2-invite-272022.php
http://www.ps3fanboy.com/2007/06/25/killzone-will-be-shown-at-invite-only-pre-e3-event/

- The event is scheduled for 2 and a half hours.

:wow:The game must be really good that they are dedicating two and a half hours for just one game.

I could see them doing a presentation that takes about 45 minutes, then being like and now you can play it feel free to stay a while for a free dinner. Microsofts Conference is doing that as well (the dinner part).

I dunno, 2 and a half hours for Killzone?

Well, we'll know in 15 days (unless it's embargoed! :D)

I should think they've worked hard on this. They've played it as such a big game in the past. They need something big if they're going to deliver.

Tempy (A Guerilla Games Employee) has said taht they'll be doing the presentation in groups staggered over the two and a half hours he didn't mention if it's embargo city or not. But even if it was they'd have to show Killzone at the Sony Keynote.

I'm sure it'll be two hours of pre-rendered graphics that they will claim are all in game, then it'll come out and look like s**t :o...oh, and it'll suck, just like the first Killzone, which was pretty much universally hated and no one wanted a god damn sequel to in the first place.

What? i love Killzone! The dialogue is HILARIOUS. "NOOOO! Not Johnson! He was just a boy!"

Having said that, I'm excited to see what they've got.

I'm sure it'll be two hours of pre-rendered graphics that they will claim are all in game, then it'll come out and look like s**t :o...oh, and it'll suck, just like the first Killzone, which was pretty much universally hated and no one wanted a god damn sequel to in the first place.

Was it THAT bad? Why?

It was not that bad. It just wasn't like Halo. It was hyped as a "Halo Killer" by many people, and it turned out to be more of a Medal of Honor killer. The game overall was pretty good, but it was very buggy, and the visuals were kind of muddy a lot of the time. It was still pretty cool though, and the online multi player mode was fun. It is not crap though.

The Joker is just blowing a lot of hot air. He doesn't know what the crap he's talking about, so do not listen to anything he has to say about Killzone or it's sequel.

Liberation is like one of the best titles on the PSP, it's really good.

The problem with Killzone 1 is that the technology and design held it back, the game just never really came together.

But they ahd some awesome cutscenes. The levels were a real mixed bag, but all the slums stuff was pretty darn good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CjmCc-0seZo

"30 minutes to the uplink"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWVxewtm61Q

It was not that bad. It just wasn't like Halo. It was hyped as a "Halo Killer" by many people, and it turned out to be more of a Medal of Honor killer. The game overall was pretty good, but it was very buggy, and the visuals were kind of muddy a lot of the time. It was still pretty cool though, and the online multi player mode was fun. It is not crap though.

The Joker is just blowing a lot of hot air. He doesn't know what the crap he's talking about, so do not listen to anything he has to say about Killzone or it's sequel.

I enjoyed the game. Liberations is OK for me, but it gets a bit samey, and all the grey and the PSP screen gives me motion sickness.

So what do you guys think about Killzone 2? Do you think it will live up to the hype? I mean Sony has to have an ace or something to pull a bold move like this? Don't they?

Plus I think Killzone 2 has reached somewhere around 20+ million to make. A lot of time and effort has been put into this game, lets just hope the work pays off.

I expect the game to be a graphical showpiece moreso than anything else. They'll want us to be amazed by how good it looks.

I hope it lives up to expectations. It better look better than Lair, is all I'm saying.

Well Sony is either confident or stupid, maybe a bit of both. We'll know for sure in 9 days because this is:

We have not seen a single screen of Killzone 2 yet, I just mean showing it 1 hour after the Microsoft Press Conference and sending out invitations to the rgular news media outlites as well as the blogsphere's that hate them, that's either gutsy or stupid. We won't know until we see the final product.

hmm hopefully sony knows what they're doing, it can either make or break them. it'll be very embarassing for the game to end upsucking anyways.

Killzone_E3--screenshot_large.jpg

A Guerrilla employee at the official forums even said this:
"It would probably be worth doing a street-by-street sweep of Santa Monica if you want to get some KZPS3 action going."

????

http://www.us.playstation.com/e32007/

Basically when you click on the two trains it comes up with a picture of the helghast

Those numbers come up 1 is the "Need to know Press conference" the others have features on released games or upcoming games and Killzone isn't listed among the upcoming games section, but when you click on either of the trains a picture of Killzone comes up.

Could they be demoing Killzone on two Trains? :huh:

This is just odd, I liked the original Killzone, thought it was under-rated, but it made the horrific of mistake of saying it was better than Halo, and it simply was not better than Halo.

And that's the big thing this time. Halo 3, vs. Killzone 2, and as far as casual gamers and a heavy percent of hardcore gamers already know the answer too, Halo 3, and even I'm gonna be difficult to convince otherwise.

The game looks better than god, then great, but that's not going to supress people from thinking "So what? It'll suck" despite Guerilla coming back with a strong sequal already. The gameplay needs to be TOP NOTCH for it to do the PS3 any justice, if there's the slightest fault, that fault will be ripped and milked until the game is pushed it the "Sucks" category again.

Be really good. :(

Sony never said Killzone 1 was better then Halo. :(

Well Sony is either confident or stupid, maybe a bit of both. We'll know for sure in 9 days because this is:

dammit Zenien, now I'm gonna have Europe in my head all day. :cmad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"