Kingsman 3 and spin-offs

After watching the 2nd movie again I hope he comes back for a 3rd at some point. I do think the franchise could continue without Vaughn but personally I want to see him back.

Netflix owns Mark Millar's work now...so...I assume that they either own the rights to this (and Kick ash and Wanted) or at the very least the rights will go to them if no new movie is made. Frankly...I think Netflix is where all 3 of these properties belong...and Netflix certainly needs the programming to compete with Disney. Kingsman 3, Wanted 2 (or reboot) and a Hit Girl spin-off movie would all be great for Netflix but bad ideas for the theater.

They own his comic properties, but not the Kingsman film franchise. They can't stop Fox/Disney from making a third movie if they want.

Fox should just drop the Gambit movie at this point and make Kingsman 3 instead

I don't see how anyone could mimic Vaughn's energy but I suppose we would have to wait and see.

Definitely want more though!

I definitely think Vaughn would be missed if he left, but if they got someone like Edgar Wright or Doug Liman to take over I think they could make something that lives up to the rest of the franchise.

Surprised no one is talking about Vaughn confirming a 3rd movie, as well as a Statesman spin off. Really looking forward to both.

I doubt a 3rd will happen. It cost more than the 2nd movie and made less money. Don't see why anyone would invest in a 3rd

Sounds like Vaughn is taking things into his own hands. The sequel did pretty well WW in the end though.

I doubt a 3rd will happen. It cost more than the 2nd movie and made less money. Don't see why anyone would invest in a 3rd

It’s already confirmed it’s happening so I think it picked up with streaming and DVD/blue ray sales.

Anyway I’m keen! Not so much on statesmen but more kingsmen definitely. I hope we keep seeing offices around the world

It’s already confirmed it’s happening so I think it picked up with streaming and DVD/blue ray sales.

Anyway I’m keen! Not so much on statesmen but more kingsmen definitely. I hope we keep seeing offices around the world

I dont think it was confirmed anywhere.

Sounds like Vaughn is taking things into his own hands. The sequel did pretty well WW in the end though.

Yeah but in the end it cost 20 mill more and grossed 4 mill less overall than the first. I just don't see them making a sequel. It's not good business.

Yes it has been from Vaughn himself https://consequenceofsound.net/2018/06/matthew-vaughn-kick-ash-reboot/

The filmmaker told Empire that a third Kingsman film was in the works, as well as a spin-off. Kingsman: The Great Game will reportedly offer a look at the spy agency around the turn of the 20th century. Future plans also include a Kingsman television show, and a Statesman film focused on the British spies’ American counterparts, introduced by Channing Tatum, Halle Berry, and Jeff Bridges in Kingsman: The Golden Circle.

Yes it has been from Vaughn himself https://consequenceofsound.net/2018/06/matthew-vaughn-kick-ash-reboot/
That news is why this thread was even bumped and that doesn't mean anything

If it was Miller stating these things I would understand your reluctance to believe it, but Vaughn saying it gives me confidence it will happen.

That news is why this thread was even bumped and that doesn't mean anything

Yeah it’s more likely to happen than not happen. I think you’re a bit set on the “it’s not happening” thing. But back on topic!

I wonder who will get cast in this? I would love to see them go to Japan. A spy flick in Japan would work so well and they had a class system which is what the movies are all about. I could just see a spy agency run by ken watanabe

Japan could be really cool, and Ken Watanabe would be great as the head of Japan’s spy operation, with Hiroyuki Sanada as his top agent.

Yeah it’s more likely to happen than not happen. I think you’re a bit set on the “it’s not happening” thing. But back on topic!

I wonder who will get cast in this? I would love to see them go to Japan. A spy flick in Japan would work so well and they had a class system which is what the movies are all about. I could just see a spy agency run by ken watanabe

Based on what?
It was nowhere near a flop, but the 2nd didn't make that as money relative to the first one, why would they make a 3rd? I get wanting it to happen but I don't see how anyone can look at it logically and say it's a sure thing. 1) It didn't make a lot of money in theaters (again at least relative to the first one) 2) it had a lukewarm reception...why make a sequel? But I'm open to a 3rd

They couldmake it if they drop the budget but I don't know if they do that much anymore

Last edited:
I'd be all for a third one if they didn't kill off [BLACKOUT]Merlin and Roxy[/BLACKOUT] in The Golden Circle. And more resurrections would just be a cheap move, because that's how it felt when they brought Harry back anyway.

And wasn't the case with the Maze Runner?

As long as they could make it under a $100 million, it would move forward. Also this is Fox, thrifty yet knows to milk their franchises to the last drop. This is already an established franchise, and its Much easier to invest to it than to look for the neXt franchise.

I doubt they'll drop the budget under 100 mill unless they cut the cast and people take paycuts.

That is very true about the Maze Runner series. The only reason I can say they continued with them is because the reported budgets are "small" by today's standards. None of them cost more that $65 mill (again reportedly). Even though Scorch Trial made less than the first movie, ST at least grossed more than the reported budget domestically.
But that's just a guess

Last edited:
Taron isnt expensive. While I can see the rest Colin, Halle, Channing and Jeff returning without a huge raise. Though they could easily not bring back the Statesman, if they want to visit another country and just let it be just the Kingsman agency. So basically just Taron and Colin would be the returning cast members.

He's not expensive. No he's not getting 10 or even 5 mill, but if a third is made he's gonna get more. Same with Firth. Same with any returning person.

Back in the day they used to make cheaper sequels ala Wrath of Khan, but that isn't really happening now from what I've seen so I doubt they'll do it for Kingsman. Especially when the franchsise SEEMS to be on a downward trend

Not unless they already signed for multiple films. Anyway,a 3rd Kingsman is much better on paper than let's a 1 & done all new sci fi or fantasy film or action film that Fox is releasing every year. At this point, they are Already running out of film franchises to milk, so a Kings man 3 is very much an option for them IMO.

Not unless they already signed for multiple films. Anyway,a 3rd Kingsman is much better on paper than let's a 1 & done all new sci fi or fantasy film or action film that Fox is releasing every year. At this point, they are Already running out of film franchises to milk, so a Kings man 3 is very much an option for them IMO.

YOu sign on for multiple films and get a raise per film in your contract. It's standard.
Ex. 100,000 for film 1, 500,000 for film 2 1'000,000 for film 3. And that's if they don't renegotiate.

I'd be all for a third one if they didn't kill off [BLACKOUT]Merlin and Roxy[/BLACKOUT] in The Golden Circle. And more resurrections would just be a cheap move, because that's how it felt when they brought Harry back anyway.

I think they could [BLACKOUT]bring Roxy back though[/BLACKOUT] she was living in a super spy house, who knows what defensive measures it has.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"