Kingsman: The Golden Circle

Are you talking about the Elton thing? I don't think so. High camp is part of Kingsman's DNA

There was a similar scene in Stardust with Robert DeNiro dancing in a pink tutu.

That might be a Jane Goldman trademark.

Wouldn't it be fun if the you went to Korea next time?

There were a few really nice moments, some ace action, the cast is solid, and it's generally consistently entertaining, but the writing needed work. Incredibly predictable, and the film telegraphs almost everything the way it's shot and edited.

The first film felt a bit more genuine and a tad more "edgy". This feels almost "juvenile", and more like a parody than a satire.

I thought it was alright, but it didn't reach the heights of the first film. It did have its moments, though.

Steven Weintraub ? @colliderfrosty
Matthew Vaughn says there are 4 scenes that rival the Church scene from the first film in the Kingsman sequel.

So what were the 4 scenes that rivalled that church scene in the first movie? Does anyone know?

I'm curious too. Haven't seen the movie yet but it seems the conversation is focused on people whining about that tracker bit and I doubt that is what Vaughn was thinking about :p

Well I liked the solo Whiskey fight scenes.

Its not gonna outgrows the first film in America but it's nice to see it held it's #1 spot for the second week!

So what were the 4 scenes that rivalled that church scene in the first movie? Does anyone know?

The only one that comes to mind is the "Saturday Night's All Right For Fighting" scene, but that was nowhere near as good. Whiskey's lasso kills were cool too but I wouldn't qualify those as entire scenes.

I assume he meant:

- The Opening Chase

- The Cabin Fight Scene

- Poppy's Island

The Whisky fight scene was also relatively pointless.

Finally saw this, while it's not as good as the first, I have to disagree with the critics on this one. I loved it. After my initial worries, I liked the way Harry was brought back, hecwasnt just back and into his old routine, they had to work to get him back and he had to work to be back.

I also liked the Statesman a lot, they were a good addition to the series and the lore, I just hope we see more of Tequila next time. As always the action was great, and personally I love Vaughns humour so I laughed a good bit.

The only thing I didn't like was [BLACKOUT]Roxy dying[/BLACKOUT], it seemed cheap, especially after all the build up in the first movie. I do think though, they could [BLACKOUT]bring her back if they wanted to[/BLACKOUT].

Hope we get a 3rd movie, 8/10.

Did the screenwriter name the character Poppy Adams after Amy Adams? Poppy is like an evil version of Amy's character from Enchanted or The Muppet.

Haha probably not but I love that headcanon

I saw this the first couple days it came out.

I loved it, enjoyed it just as much as the first.

The original was much more engaging in the first act; I thought the opening car chase was cheesy as hell and did not begin enjoying it until like 20 min in.

However, the final act in this was a lot better than the last one. Too much Samuel L. Jackson goofiness for my tastes. Julianne Moore was a far better villain and I loved her 50s All American motif with the poppy jungle

The Statesmen were a hoot and I loved them finding each other.

My only complaints were the much talked about gratuitous shot of the slipping digits going down under and the dumb slo mo Rocketman ninja kick. Just brief moments but they were really REALLY dumb.

I dunno why ppl here were down on Colin Firth returning. I thought the explanation was badass fictional writing for an out there spy franchise.

Did anyone realise the infamous 'tracking device' girl is Cara Delevingne's older sister?

Wouldn't it be fun if the you went to Korea next time?

Korea, Japan, China, Russia... Those would be my choices and it would be interesting to see what kind of weapons and theme they would come up with. Like a sushi restaurant in Japan or a Bollywood studio in India.

Saw this a few days ago. Pretty good movie! I don't understand the people calling this obviously inferior to the first movie. Both had it's flaws but are pretty good overall. Some thoughts:

* I hated the way they just killed off Roxy. I really liked her character in the first movie and I was hoping she would have an expanded role in this one. I guess her actress just wasn't famous enough... I kept hoping she would show up out of nowhere like "I survived!"
* Merlin's death was pretty stupid too. Especially since Eggsy was holding a mine detector and being a master agent and all that. Also, I remember reading somewhere that mines don't work through pressure detection. They just go off. So it's unrealistic too! I know what kind of movie this is but it's unrealistic dammit!
* I really love what they did with Princess Tilde. Everyone thought she was going to be a Bond girl but she ended up in a long-term, loving relationship with Eggsy. I thought they were really cute.
* The seduction scene was really uncomfortable to watch with my dad haha.
* A lot of people were upset about Channing Tatum's small role but I didn't really mind cause I love Pedro Pascal.
* I still think that bringing back Harry was the wrong decision. I like his character but I don't think he's essential to the Kingsman franchise. At least the plot device they used to bring him back was also used on another character so it wasn't just a one-time thing. But it's just so magical and convenient. Again, I know this isn't a realistic franchise. I wonder how they will handle having this kind of tech in future movies?
* Elton John was the best part of the movie.

Overall, I'd give this an 8/10 same as the first movie.

I actually liked [BLACKOUT]Merlins sacrifice, though I was sad to see him go[/BLACKOUT] as it was set up earlier in the movie.

I hated [BLACKOUT]Roxy’s death though[/BLACKOUT] it was just done so poorly to a character I liked a lot. I do think [BLACKOUT]they could bring her back as Kingsman headquarters would surely have some crazy devices available for stuff like that [/BLACKOUT].

Did anyone realise the infamous 'tracking device' girl is Cara Delevingne's older sister?

I did. I also noticed one of the Kingsman Knights is Food Critic and Prince Charles step-son Tom Parker Bowles.

Keith Allen (Father of Alfie and Lilly Allen) played one of Poppy's Henchman as well.

Last edited:
Visual style (like Poppyland), Action, a few characters+performances (Eggsy/Merlin/Whiskey), and the soundtrack were good. The villain was ok.

The rest is ****. Script, plot, dialogue, pacing, subplots, overly long. A 5/10. What a disappointment.

Also, I think it would have been far better if they didn't write in the destruction of the Kingsman in the 2nd movie. After watching this, I thought about how I would have made the 2nd one, it doesn't involve the Golden Circle or Poppy.

I would have just made the 2nd one to be the Kingsman and the Statesman against the President, that is involved with a terrorist organization, using it as a cover for his political assassinations, to do his/her bidding. Maybe have the blue rash have something to do with this plot, too, to end the war on drugs and blame it on other organizations. I got the idea from the useless President subplot in this one, obviously.

I don't want a 3rd Kingsman movie. It's ok if you do, though. More power to you if you liked it, whoever is reading this. I really wish I could say the same, but I just despise this movie. 50% of it is entertaining, so atleast it's not a complete waste.

Complete trashfire, it actually ruins the first film a little bit.

Watched this again, don’t get why some fans and critics are so down on this as a sequel. No it doesn’t reach the heights of the first movie. But it is a good movie in its own right which builds on what the first movie set up.

Even a lesser Vaughn movie is better than many movies that come out these days, and I really hope they get to do the 3rd movie at some point.

Because of the tracking device sequence. And because of the fridging.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"