Kipobe is gonna get himself a PS3

What ever happened to the good ol' days of SNES and Genesis and even PS1 when video game systems were just video game systems. I mean...the DVD player, I can get. But why do I need to store media files on my PS3 or browse the internet from it. I feel like manufacturers are just adding a bunch of tech-junkie B.S. onto consoles in order to drive up the price and make more profit. I miss the days when video game consoles were about video games.

they still are, I mean when it comes down to it PS3 is high priced because of the Blu-Ray drive but the cost of manufacturing that is going down in a hurry. Frankly I'm glad it has all the extra options even if I don't use all of them

What ever happened to the good ol' days of SNES and Genesis and even PS1 when video game systems were just video game systems. I mean...the DVD player, I can get. But why do I need to store media files on my PS3 or browse the internet from it. I feel like manufacturers are just adding a bunch of tech-junkie B.S. onto consoles in order to drive up the price and make more profit. I miss the days when video game consoles were about video games.

Sometimes I miss the days when on-line play didn't exist. I like some on-line games, but it's hard to compete with those that play so much more than the casual gamers. I'd like to play more, but I'm always working...That and I feel a lot of games catter to on-line modes than they do campaign modes which sucks.

But I'm glad that RFoM2, Army of Two, and maybe some others will have players cooperating in fighting AI in campaign modes. That's a big leap forward IMO. It will also make it where I (and probably a lot of other gamers) feel more comfortable playing on-line more.

I disagree Kipobe. I honestly don't care and neither does any non-Zenien life form.

So, Kipobe, update. :cmad:

Oh, I haven't tried any of the tips you guys gave me since I last said anything because I got a new home theater system and I was busy playing around with that instead. Plus, I still don't have any games. :csad: And the only Blu-Ray movies I have is the Spider-Man trilogy, the Ocean's trilogy, Superman Returns and something else which I can't remember.

Oh, I haven't tried any of the tips you guys gave me since I last said anything because I got a new home theater system and I was busy playing around with that instead. Plus, I still don't have any games. :csad: And the only Blu-Ray movies I have is the Spider-Man trilogy, the Ocean's trilogy, Superman Returns and something else which I can't remember.

Well then what good are you fool?!?! :mad:

Okay, so I got the media to stream to my PS3. How? I had to delete my 360 from my WMP sharing configuration. :csad: Wow. Shouldn't matter too much since I'm selling it, but I found that weird all the same. I'm sure there's a patch for it.... on Microsoft's site. :o

But here's my real gripe: you can't play whole albums?! What the hell? I can access all my albums just like I can in the library of my WMP, but they're not in album order... they're in alphabetical order... a disaster for a score connoisseur such as myself. Is there some sort of patch for this? Is there something obvious I'm overlooking?

:cmad:

You can re-arrange the sorting with the square button, at least you can do so with everything that's on your PS3 (like music videos etc) not sure about when you're streaming.

Also, my PS3 has crashed a couple of times. I don't know why. It also gets very loud after being on for about 20 mins or so. Is this normal, or did I get a dud?

Statistically speaking the failure rate of the PS3 and wii is like 1 percent.

I've never had the problem you are describing, what's happening, what are you doing, when it crashes?

I've had my PS3 freeze now and again, resulting in me having to restart it, usually when it's using the web browser, I think it happened once or twice with Resistance.

Browser and installing demos. Consistantly when I'm installing demos, almost every time. Never when I'm actually playing a game though.

What about the loud fan? I heard the PS3 was quiet especially when compared to the construction fan inside the 360... but 20 mins after I turn it on it starts firing away fairly loud. I could be nitpicking with that... but only because I was told it would be whisper quiet though.

It sounds like it could be a problem with your hard drive. The drive could be bad, and maybe running overly hot, causing your PS3 fan to kick into high gear.

Honestly it sounds like you have a faulty unit, that really sucks and really puts a damper on enthusiasm for having bought the product in the first place. But I'd package that up and return it.

Or try formating the hard drive and see if that makes the problems go away.Other than that, short of installing your own HDD (and if the HDD ISN'T the problem then that voids your warantee and you're SOL), there's not much that can be done.

It sounds like it could be a problem with your hard drive. The drive could be bad, and maybe running overly hot, causing your PS3 fan to kick into high gear.

Honestly it sounds like you have a faulty unit, that really sucks and really puts a damper on enthusiasm for having bought the product in the first place. But I'd package that up and return it.

Or try formting the hard drive and see if that makes the problems go away. But other then that, short of installing your own HDD (at if the HDD ISN'T the problem then that voids your warantee and you're SOL) there's not much that can be done.

Okay, I kinda figured it could be faulty... but I wasn't sure. Thanks Zenny.

No, I did not. I moved where I had it. I'm now storing it much more in the open, and the damn thing is whisper quiet. It makes my 360 sound like a convoy. Also, that seems to have cleared up the glitches. Works like a dream.

Only small problem I'm having is my wifi signal drops occasionally. Hasn't happened when I'm playing a game, fortunately, but it happens when I'm using the interface, and it's annoying. Not too much of a problem though, since I do have the ability to hard wire if need be.... but I was wondering if anyone else had this.

No, I did not. I moved where I had it. I'm now storing it much more in the open, and the damn thing is whisper quiet. It makes my 360 sound like a convoy. Also, that seems to have cleared up the glitches. Works like a dream.

Only small problem I'm having is my wifi signal drops occasionally. Hasn't happened when I'm playing a game, fortunately, but it happens when I'm using the interface, and it's annoying. Not too much of a problem though, since I do have the ability to hard wire if need be.... but I was wondering if anyone else had this.

Follow this tutorial and open the specified ports they tell you to. After following these instructions my connection problems disappeared.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=hidZdIfoYPI

Good looking out, I'll check it out later. Thanks.

The handling on that baby is smooth as silk, too. AND it has a leather interior!

:wow:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"