Eternals KIT HARRINGTON is Dane Whitman aka BLACK KNIGHT

ac38452b189d7be505736ca0ee26f5d3.jpg

Has he gone back in time or is he supposed to exist all these centuries before instead of in present day?

I don't even know how this fits.

Dane Whitman has a romantic past with Sersi in the comics so that's likely why he's being included.

Isn't that in the present day though? Well, certainly not in the distant past, centuries before any of the MCU.

Isn't that in the present day though? Well, certainly not in the distant past, centuries before any of the MCU.
Feige has said that The Eternals will span 1000s of years so it's possible for that relationship to pop up.

Feige has said that The Eternals will span 1000s of years so it's possible for that relationship to pop up.

Well if it's 1000s of years, then I suppose it could work. I had hoped to see Black Knight and Captain Britain together in a movie set in the time of King Arthur. But then you also really need Morgan Le Fay. Cloak and Dagger or Runaways are using her I think. Elizabeth Hurley is playing her in one of those series. I had hoped we'd see Morgan show up on the big screen.

Wasn’t expecting the black knight here but happy he’s finally made it to the big screen.

Whenever I see his name I think of that show the big knights. Imagine that

I was kind of hoping he'd be Wolverine, but Dane Whitman's a good fit as well.

I would've thought Sir Percy would be used if they are setting this in the past, but it's entirely possible Dane Whitman gets time displaced at the end (Quantum Realm?) at the end and that's how we get him in present day.

Would be great if this is a prelude to his solo film and joining the Avengers!

Well if it's 1000s of years, then I suppose it could work. I had hoped to see Black Knight and Captain Britain together in a movie set in the time of King Arthur. But then you also really need Morgan Le Fay. Cloak and Dagger or Runaways are using her I think. Elizabeth Hurley is playing her in one of those series. I had hoped we'd see Morgan show up on the big screen.

If the Black Knight shows up in a movie with King Arthur, we better get a “None shall pass” scene.

so I guess this was the "karen" and marvel genderswap it.
meaning he and serci, ikarus, sprite will be main lead.

now we know where Valkyrie got her winged horse from in endgame...

Aragorn?

Valinor?

Another Lord of the Rings reference?

now we know where Valkyrie got her winged horse from in endgame...

Aragorn?

Valinor?

Another Lord of the Rings reference?
you could just say the Pegasus/winged horse came through one those portal "The Aether" created in Thor the dark world at the end of that movie we all ready saw a big ass creature in are world that came through the portal that know one seems to know about

just say it came through one of the portal's and made its way to the remote European wilderness got quickly caught by some poachers that heard about some faint sighting of a winged horse and put it on the black market for sell which would than be bought by Dane/The Black Knight

“He’s a really amazing actor, and this part came up in The Eternals film that we’re doing. We were so happy when he agreed to join, and it is a part that could perhaps grow into something else in the future.”
- kevin feige gma interview.

Sound like he is not big lead role as some says.

Do ya’ll think he’ll just wear his GoT costume? Lol

Haha didn’t he hate his hair but they wouldn’t let him cut it? So I guess there’ll be at least one change haha.

It’s interesting that kit made such a big deal about marvel not hiring gay people and now he’s got the gig (I mean he’s in the mcu). Maybe marvel likes the treat ‘em mean keep it keen method?

Hadn’t heard that he ripped Marvel for not hiring gay people. Though now that I think about it, aside from Tessa and whoever is playing the gay character in Eternals... yeah, I guess they really haven’t hired many LGBTQ people (at least not ones who are out). Perhaps that’s what got him on Marvel’s radar in the first place. Feige was probably like, “This guy had a point!” I mean, it is interesting that he made those comments and now he’s showing up in the first film that will prominently feature a queer character (since Valkyrie’s bisexuality wasn’t addressed in Ragnarok, and the Endgame character was only in one scene).

As for the long hair... Kit should keep it. When he cuts it off, he just looks so... ordinary. Not knocking the guy; he’s a handsome bloke either way but he definitely looks better with long hair IMO.

I doubt he was cast based on those comments. Also he didn't proffee them purely as a criticism of Marvel if you read them correctly. It was in conjunction with the film he was promoting at the time where he played a gay man who is closested and an actor who exchanges letters with a child who is a fan. I think his comments probably are more about the perceived disconnect between masculinity and homosexuality in the society at large and he used super hero films as an example.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"