Shazam Kneel at his feet or be crushed by his foot.. Dwayne Johnson IS Black Adam

I'm starting to think he will show up before the Shazam solo movie.

I'm starting to think he will show up before the Shazam solo movie.
I have a feeling that his first sight will be on either BvS, SS, Wonder Woman, or even the JL. with Wonder Woman or Justice League as my highest bets.

Last edited:
tumblr_lpqaxfzI9w1r06q7eo1_1280.jpg

The Rock talks about Shazam on twitter.

Black Adam actor Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson has confirmed that DC Entertainment’s upcoming Shazam! film will exist outside of the Justice League-anchored DC Cinematic Universe.
When a fan asked Johnson on Twitter if Shazam! would be more fun and cheery than Zack Snyder’s Justice League universe, Johnson said that Shazam! is a “NL/DC property,” and then wrote the hashtag “#Independence.”
“I guaran-damn-tee we're gonna have bad ass fun w/ Black Adam,” Johnson wrote.
This confirms what many people suspected even before Warner Bros. announced their massive slate of DC Universe films last month. Before Warner’s news, New Line Studios President Toby Emmerich hinted that Shazam!would exist separately from Batman V. Superman: Dawn of Justice and any Justice League films. New Line, which is owned by Warner Bros., has been rumored to oversee any DC Comics films outside of the proper Justice League universe, such as Sandman.
When Johnson wrote that Shazam! will be a “NL//DC property,” he was most likely referring to New Line’s slate of standalone DC films. This makes New Line a cinematic imprint for DC’s films, acting in the same vein as their Vertigo line of independent comic stories.
Shazam! is slated for an Aril 5th, 2019 release date.
source: Comic-Book.com

Is kind of gonna suck if we don't get to see Shazam with the other heroes. Would be epic.

^ Seriously. Why cast a huge name like Johnson for Black Adam but not include Shazam or Adam in an actual Justice League movie? Just makes no sense to me.

I'm sure there's a chance we'll see Shazam in a future Justice League movie. He probably just won't be part of the original roster.

I'd be fine with that, I just wouldn't want him to be excluded from appearing entirely.

i think we'll get Black Adam on the Legion of Doom

If we get a Suicide Squad sequel in the next couple of years BA could appear in that.

Or maybe in the first Suicide Squad, as a target?

Dwayne Johnson ‏@TheRock 2 h
Can't wait to play BLACK ADAM. We'll find that anti-hero balance of ruthless rip your throat out w/ wonderful charm.. #ROCKTALK @Dosteguin

Can't wait for 2019? He's gonna appear before Shazam!! Mark my words!!!

maybe they will be friends....

Introducing....The new World's Deadliests :o

Would it work to introduce him sooner without Shaz?

I think yes.. He has been Shazam for milleniums :p

It could but it depends on how they plan on working his background and story. Since movies are always subject to changing the material (just like new comic iterations), I'd say there's a big possibility he could appear before Shazam's solo movie.

Only time shall tell...

It would be a big mistake on WB/DC part to not include Captain Marvel and Black Adam in their new DCU.

The Rock talks Black Adam fitting into the larger DCCU.
Further down the road, after Fast & Furious 7, Johnson will be bringing his superhuman physique to the DC universe in Shazam!, as Black Adam, and he gave Total Film an exclusive insight into what to expect.

So, will Black Adam be an anti-hero then? “I think Black Adam is going to grow into becoming an anti-hero,” Johnson tells us in the new issue. “It’s all written within the spirit of respecting and paying homage to the comics. As we know, Black Adam started out as a slave. When he’s given the powers, he utilised them. Then in the wake of his powers, tragedy strikes, which turns his sentiment and tone in terms of psychology.”

And how, if at all, will Black Adam fit in with the wider DC universe? “It was all agreed that the worlds are all interconnected… One day you will see Black Adam go at it with Superman or Batman or any of the DC characters. But that said, there’s a great independence to Black Adam from the DC world, allowing us to inject, not only viciousness, but also winking humour
http://www.gamesradar.com/exclusive...tter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=totalfilm

Great stuff, think that proves once and for Shazam will meet the other heroes at some point. As will BA of course.

Rock knows his **** about the character, I will give him that.

The Rock says we may see Black Adam before 2019.
"You know, it may happen a little earlier than what has been predicted." "The script is coming in, it's great. The support from the studio has been great. And it is just a great opportunity especially with Black Adam where you can take a guy that starts off as bad guy turns into an anti-hero. We can make him vicious; a little bit of winking charm."
[YT]1ghT7KWXsUE[/YT]
So basically, it's the stuff me and quite a few others have been reiterating on here for months even before Warner Bros. announced their DC film slate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"