Kneel before your Queen... Amber Heard IS Mera!

Status
Not open for further replies.

John-An

Wonder Fingers!
Reaction score
Which actress would you like to be seen in the role of the wife of the King of Atlantis?

I'd have one choice.

Eva Green.
Eva-Green-sexy.jpg

I love Eva Green and would love to see her as anything in the DCCU.

Has Anna Kendrick done any serious movies?

Emily Blunt, Jessica Chastain, or Katee Sackhoff for me.

Jessica Chastain or Margot Robbie would suit the character very well.

Basically suggest any redhead in Hollywood.:funny:

Emily Blunt is a proven action actress.

yeah she looks good as a redhead too.

And DC needs to lock her down before Marvel gets her to play Ms Danvers

DC needs to lock her down before Marvel gets her [...]

Firstly, I don't accept that playing a role in one studio's movies should prevent you from playing a different role in the other's. There are an endless conveyor belt of comic book movies at the moment, and it is only going to get worse, so we will reach the situation where almost every actor of note in the Hollywood circuit (except for Daniel Day Lewis) has appeared in one.

Secondly, Emily Blunt is one of the best actresses around at the moment. No disrespect to Mera or to Aquaman in general, but she should be given a meatier and more complex role. Any number of actresses could play Mera.

Firstly, I don't accept that playing a role in one studio's movies should prevent you from playing a different role in the other's. There are an endless conveyor belt of comic book movies at the moment, and it is only going to get worse, so we will reach the situation where almost every actor of note in the Hollywood circuit (except for Daniel Day Lewis) has appeared in one.

Secondly, Emily Blunt is one of the best actresses around at the moment. No disrespect to Mera or to Aquaman in general, but she should be given a meatier and more complex role. Any number of actresses could play Mera.

So she's too good for Mera but okay to play co-star to Cruise? In an Aquaman solo film Mera could have quite a "meaty" role. And as to the point of only being in one superhero studio's films that's usually a part of the contract. it's a standard non compete clause.

Last edited:
It's a stupid non-compete clause, as WB/Marvel movies are no more directly in competition with each other than they are with any other generic, dumb blockbuster. Contracts are negotiated, and the negotiating power of a proper actress like Blunt will be higher than other potential candidates for the part. I doubt many respectable actresses are desperate to do comic book movies, and they should resist any silly clauses of such nature.

I like Blunt and would love to see her in a lead role but lets not overstate her star status here. She's never gotten an Oscar nomination and she still hasn't really had that big break out role. Edge of Tomorrow was well reviewed and didn't bomb but it was a box office disappointment.

I'm not overstating her star status, but her capability and talent, which is far higher than many of her peers'.

I understand your opinion of Blunt as an actress, I think it's clouding your opinion of what she can and can't turn down and what she is probably being offered.

And make no mistake I'm not saying that I want her for this role because I don't actually.

BTW, someone like Chastain definitely isn't happening so I don't get that suggestion.

If, taking an inference from the casting of Momoa, the Atlanteans are to have darker looks than their comicbook counterparts, I would suggest someone like Indira Varma for consistency.

Well, we could always take "Badass" to the next level and cast Michelle Rodriguez as Mera!

No one will dare to make fun of Aquaman ever again!

0424-mrod-landscape-1.jpg

If, taking an inference from the casting of Momoa, the Atlanteans are to have darker looks than their comicbook counterparts, I would suggest someone like Indira Varma for consistency.

but Orin isn't pure Atlantean.

Charlotte Riley

tumblr_nd6tv4laKF1rol3c4o1_1280.jpg

Olivia Wilde

tumblr_n8v0bgUH1g1qf2hrho2_500.jpg

I think it's really good. Probably the best film I've ever seen george Clooney in

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"