Knightley, Moretz, and Rockwell in....Laggies

Can't say that the plot intrigues or excites me but the cast is nice.

Great, we get to see Anne Hathway being all "actorly" some more!

Because God forbid people commit to doing what they do well.

Because God forbid people commit to doing what they do well.

Fair point. But then there comes a point where one can come of fake and is obviously attempting to appease.

Last edited:
I suppose what Howard Stern said about her echoes how I feel:

“Everyone sort of hates Anne Hathaway, and I’ve explained that I do too and I don’t know even know why sometimes,” Stern explained. “She’s just so affected [and] actress-y that even when she wins an award she’s out of breath, and then she has the standard joke that sounds like it’s [been] written [for her]. And it all seems so scripted and acted.”

+1 for Rockwell
-10 for Hathaway

Sorry, I think she's just become very pretentious and full of herself. She tried so hard to impress.

That's two sides of the story. Because I can see where you're coming from but then again, as human beings, sometimes we have a complex when someone succeeds because they're good at what they do. We all experience that; it's in our nature to project.

But yes, her speeches don't come off as earnest though I'm happy for her.

Cool cast. I hope there is more to the plot though.

The whole "Les Miserables" press/awards tour of duty kind of made Hathaway appear to be snobbish. I find her to be a good actress and she deserved her Oscar. I don't hate her, but I can see why some do.

I think it's just cool in Hollywood not to care. Basically "yeah I'm good at my craft, who gives a ****" is the mindset we like.

I think it's just cool in Hollywood not to care. Basically "yeah I'm good at my craft, who gives a ****" is the mindset we like.
I don't think that is really true though. That isn't how DDL comes off.

I think it's combination of that and blunt honesty. Lewis has never said that, but I doubt he gives a rat's ass about how awesome people think his skills are.

So hating Hathaway has become the cool thing to do eventhough she hasn't really done anything to deserve it.

Whatever I think she is a great actress and look forward to when this whole thing blows over. It's almost always women too...I wonder why so few male actors don't get the amount of hate Hathaway and Paltrow get?

Because we run this *****? :huh:

I don't hate her and have to give a side-eye to alot of the stuff that's been said about her online, but that said, there is something about her that makes me understand why she rubs some the wrong way.

I don't hate her, but I think she is incredibly fake now. I use to love her, not so much after the last year or so.

I can understand what people are saying about Hathaway. To me she seems like what Rachel Berry from Glee would be like all grown up. Ambitious, driven, and always "on." But what can I say, I actually find it kind of endearing (but then, back when I watched Glee, I always liked Rachel too, lol). And she's actually a good actress, which helps.

She, Rockwell and Moretz should certainly make for an interesting combo. I'll definitely be keeping an eye on this one. :up:

Last edited:
Always "on" is a good way to describe her. I think she knows it too. I remember there was an interview with her where she said something like she has a constant need to ham everything up. She's that kid in school who will raise her hand on a Friday afternoon to remind the teacher not to forget to give them their assignments for the weekend. Of course, there's nothing wrong with that and she means well, but like the others, I understand why it rubs some people the wrong way.

Good cast. Something like 'Rachel Getting Married' would be nice. Anne did very well in the nominations and awards there too.

About that 'other thing', I find it ridiculous. Especially the ammount of airtime its been given. Latch onto it and blow it up like a balloon.

I find it sad and disheartening when someone who is a good soul meaning no ill is ‘hated’ for miniscule reasons, doing nothing wrong at all. Just being a confident, quirky individual. Like if I tell a bad joke and people groan. Like, big deal. I see the groaners as the elitist stiffs.

But anyway, looking forward to hearing more from the movie.

Good cast. Something like 'Rachel Getting Married' would be nice. Anne did very well in the nominations and awards there too.

About that 'other thing', I find it ridiculous. Especially the ammount of airtime its been given. Latch onto it and blow it up like a balloon.

I find it sad and disheartening when someone who is a good soul meaning no ill is ‘hated’ for miniscule reasons, doing nothing wrong at all. Just being a confident, quirky individual. Like if I tell a bad joke and people groan. Like, big deal. I see the groaners as the elitist stiffs.

But anyway, looking forward to hearing more from the movie.

Not that you are bias or anything. :D

Quirky isn't staged, acted. That is the thing about Anne. It is like she is pulling a Gaga.

Last edited:
Good that she puts effort in her work.

I'm not saying she doesn't put forth the effort, or that she cannot act. Her public persona just feels completely phony. Her "oh gosh, gee willickers!!" approach to everything just grinds on my nerves. Her acceptance speeches this past awards season were just so rehearsed and insincere. "It came true." I just about threw up when she said that. Her lifelong dream isn't to be a great actress, but to be recognized by the Academy of Motion Pictures as a great actress. How endearing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"