Rian Johnson Invites You To The Benoit Blanc Mystery Thread

Rian and Craig have found their franchise.

'Knives Out' Sequel in the Works, Story to Center on Daniel Craig's Detective Character

They want to film next year which means they may have already got script ideas.

I could have sworn I saw a quote that said Rian already had the story in his head.

Rian and Craig have found their franchise.

I do hope Rian's trilogy is still percolating at LFL. But, I am happy to for him to do these in his down time. And I'm sure Craig is happy to have something that isn't as demanding as Bond.

Frankly, the only issue with a sequel is getting a cast on par with this one and somehow making a worthy successor to the donut speech.

I could have sworn I saw a quote that said Rian already had the story in his head.

I do hope Rian's trilogy is still percolating at LFL. But, I am happy to for him to do these in his down time. And I'm sure Craig is happy to have something that isn't as demanding as Bond.

Frankly, the only issue with a sequel is getting a cast on par with this one and somehow making a worthy successor to the donut speech.
For some reason I think actors will be lining up to sink their chops into his next film.

Eh I’m sick of Laura Dern. She always plays the same emotional rich woman character.

Eh I’m sick of Laura Dern. She always plays the same emotional rich woman character.

She was severely underused in "Cold Pursuit" with Liam Neeson

As for the next cast in Rian and Craigs sequel. I hope they can get Pierce Brosnan lol or Sam Neil.

He should get another couple older not necessarily real "current" actors and toss them a bone, like he did with Don Johnson.

While I do hope/expect this sequel to feature an entirely new cast of characters/suspects aside from Benoit, I think it would fun to get a brief return appearance of
Marta, as Benoit's wealthy friend he calls in a favor with or something. Much like Hercule Poirot has that socialite friend that Tom Bateman played in the Branagh version of MotOE, who pulls strings for Poirot to help his buddy out, no questions asked. No need to directly mention any of the events of Knives Out so the film still stands alone and those who didn't see Knives Out wouldn't even need to know this character previously appeared, but I would love to see Marta in her new life as the HBIC, with all the resources and strings to pull at her disposal, running a successful publishing empire, and unfailingly loyal to her friend Benoit Blanc, lol.

I saw this last night and I really enjoyed it.

It's funny though, I didn't really look too much into this movie, except for the trailer. I didn't look up the story or the reviews so I was really pleasantly surprised how focused this was on de Armas's character. My only experience was her in Blade Runner 2019 but she really deserved that Golden Globe nomination for this role. She was excellent and can't wait to see her in Bond.

Nice going into a movie relatively spoiler-free, isn't it? You should try that for more superhero movies.

While they have made large strives to increase the diversity of the Academy's membership, I wonder a lot of the old rich white members with dysfunctional families probably didn't take too kindly to the skewering of their social class?

While they have made large strives to increase the diversity of the Academy's membership, I wonder a lot of the old rich white members with dysfunctional families probably didn't take too kindly to the skewering of their social class?

Especially with one of the characters being a specific attack at a lot of the Hollywood class.

I didn't expect it to get a Best Picture nomination based on how things were trending, but I do wish it had gotten nominated. Easily one of my two favorite films of the year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"