Rian Johnson Invites You To The Benoit Blanc Mystery Thread

I still have to catch up on too many films to comment on whether this got robbed of a BP or Best Director, but I think the screenplay nom is clearly warranted and it's very nice to see all the success that Rian managed to squeeze out of this fun and clever little whodunnit.

The screenplay nomination is well deserved. I wouldn't have mind seeing a nom for production design too. And then, of course, a BP nod would've been really nice.

Just got back from this and my only regret is that I didn't see this sooner. I was depriving myself. This was excellent with great performances from everyone, especially de Armas and Craig. And the final shot set to "Sweet Virginia" by the Stones? *chef's kiss*

This definitely should have been nominated for Best Picture.

One minor complaint I had was that Jaeden Martell was really underused as the youngest member of the Thrombey family. I get that with a large cast like this someone is getting the short end of the stick but all he really did was sit around on his phone for 95% of the time he was on screen. We know he has a lot of talent from seeing him in IT so he kind of felt wasted here.

Last edited:
Knives Out will be released on digital on February 7 and 4K/Blu-ray/DVD on February 25.
  • Audio Commentary by Writer-Director Rian Johnson, Director of Photography Steve Yedlin, and Actor Noah Segan
  • In-Theatre Commentary by Rian Johnson
  • Deleted Scene: “Bicycling Accident” (with Optional Audio Commentary by Rian Johnson)
  • Deleted Scene: “Don’t Do Anything Rash” (with Optional Audio Commentary by Rian Johnson)
  • “Making a Murder” Eight-Part Documentary
  • “Rian Johnson: Planning the Perfect Murder” Featurette
  • Writer-Director and Cast Q&A
  • Marketing Gallery
  • “Meet the Thrombeys” Viral Ads

Best Buy Exclusive Steelbook:
v6cUvOi.jpg

I can't believe the 4k is almost out already! Just pre-ordered that steelbook. :up:

Got around to seeing this and it was a good film. I think it lost some steam a little bit in the middle when in between mysteries, but overall I had a good time and it was a nicely crafted film.

The "Making a Murder" documentary is 113 minutes. It's nice and refreshing to have a proper meaty making of documentary rather than the absolute fluff behind the scenes material that other films get. Lookin at you, Disney.

I can't wait to watch this one again. I remember seeing people say they called it early on that
it was Chris Evan's character
but I doubt most expected the actual twist with how everything went down. Johnson did a great job with this one.

I can't wait to watch this one again. I remember seeing people say they called it early on that
it was Chris Evan's character
but I doubt most expected the actual twist with how everything went down. Johnson did a great job with this one.

Even if they called it early (I kinda guessed it as well) all the characters were written so well that the movie wasn't so dependent on the twist to work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"