Rian Johnson Invites You To The Benoit Blanc Mystery Thread

They showed the trailer before Spider-Man for me. Man, this looks dope. I'm excited to see Chris Evans in something like this.

This trailer was real rough. I was expecting at least some great cinematography but from what we saw here this looks like Rian's least visually interesting thing he's done and at moments it looked plain ugly. And I thought the humor was bad. The KFC joke is terrible by itself but then the trailer actually relishes that joke.

About the only thing that made me want to see more was Michael Shannon.

I'm waiting to see how it plays out, trailers for whodunnits have to always be kinda cryptic and flat to not give away much. This cast is top shelf tho, so seeing them all play off each other is more the appeal to me.

I'll say two things, Daniel Craig does not look well and two, he's the killer.

Yeah he doesn't look too great does he? I wouldn't be too surprised if he's the one with the knives out, need to cut that layer cake.

Love mysteries. Love Rian Johnson. Love Michael Shannon, Toni Collette, Jami Lee Curtis, and Daniel Craig. Loved this trailer. Its a Win-Win-Win-Win for me!

Yeah, I can't wait. If this movie goes over well, I'd love to see Johnson and Craig come back to do more mysteries with the same character.

Has Daniel Craig ever really looked that great?
Tomb Raider was the last time I found him attractive.

tumblr_mge1j1ZhkZ1rxhu0oo6_500.gif

latest

large.jpg

Aging can be cruel.

Meh. Lousy trailer and everyone is trying so hard there :lmao:

I've been looking forward to this film since it was announced, but the trailer was pretty meh. For some reason when Johnson said "detective story" I pictured Marlowe or Parker, even though he explicitly said Agatha Christie. This also gave off major Brothers Bloom vibes, which is my least favorite of his films.

I'll definitely still see, but my excitement has been tempered significantly. My money's on Don Johnson being the killer.

My comment wasn't to bash Craig, btw. I like him as an actor for the most part, and he's my favorite Bond. I just don't think he's ever been the most healthy or fresh-looking guy, even when he was young.

He's weathered. Some people dig that.

The trailer was very intriguing. Definitely throwing some theater money at this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"