Sony Spin-Off Kraven The Hunter

Nardz937

In The Chill Of Night.
Reaction score
http://collider.com/kraven-the-hunter-movie-richard-wenk/

Kraven-the-Hunter-Spider-Man-938x535.jpg

Hot off the success of The Equalizer 2, screenwriter Richard Wenk is being brought on to write a Kraven the Hunter movie for Sony Pictures, multiple sources tell Collider.

Well, so much for Ryan Coogler getting to use him as the villain in Black Panther 2 (also, Tom Hardy would have been much better suited for this.)

Kraven is one of my favourite Spidey villains. No idea how they're going to approach this but I hope Kraven's reputation comes out intact.

Well if you didn't need any more proof this sealed it. Sony doesn't know what in the **** they're doing.

What a waste. Kraven is one of my favorite Spidey villains and would have made a great movie out of it.

Sony is smoking some heavy stuff these days. More so than usual.

Can we get another email hack to see what insanity is behind this.

Do these hack idiots know these are ****ing villains built up to fight Spider-Man? Are they that stupid that they think spiders villians are as recognizable as most avengers? They seem desperate

If it's a solo movie that could set him up for a potential MCU Spider-Man meet up, I'm for it, but like "Venom" and the announced "Morbius" or the cancelled/not cancelled/in limbo "Silver & Black" I fear it's another character that Sony sees as a cash grab and nothing more.

Alas, these are the guys I want for Kraven the Hunter:

1. Gerard Butler.

26068546_205754583333615_5621072769723662336_n.jpg

2. Javier Bardem.

screen-shot-2014-04-29-at-8-01-43-am.png

3. Marton Csokas.

Marton-Csokas.jpg

4. Benecio Del Toro.

maxresdefault.jpg

5. Luke Evans.

4928510_640px.jpg

6. Jeffrey Dean Morgan.

qpkqxpmyafp01.jpg

I don't get it. If Sony wants so bad to have their own parallel Spider-verse, why not just try to build a Spider-Man 2099 or a Spider-Gwen movie series?

I don't understand this idea at all. What exactly do they expect Kraven to do in his own movie? What's his purpose? Presumably, Spider-Man won't be in the movie for the same reasons he won't be in the Venom movie, so what exactly do the filmmakers think they can do with Kraven in a movie without Spider-Man to fight him? Kraven's whole claim to fame is that he's a Spider-Man villain who tries to hunt Spider-Man out of a twisted sense of honor.

Kraven was never designed to function as a standalone protagonist. He was designed to be a member of Spider-Man's rogues gallery who loved the thrill of the hunt. Take away his rivalry with Spider-Man, and there's not much left to Kraven's character.

I don't even get it, what do the filmmakers expect Kraven to do in a two-hour movie with no Spider-Man to fight? Just hunt jungle animals the whole time? I don't see any purpose in any of this.

There is no purpose to this madness. Its like theyre just throwing ideas in the hat and seeing what sticks and what doesnt.

Save him for a Spidey film.

And cast Sharlto Copley whilst you're at it.

There is no purpose to this madness.
Madness that will only stop if Venom is a flop. I know rooting against movies is petty and pointless, but it's true. Again, I'm not against the idea of Sony building their own Spider-verse, but it has to be something appealing.

I don't even get it, what do the filmmakers expect Kraven to do in a two-hour movie with no Spider-Man to fight? Just hunt jungle animals the whole time? I don't see any purpose in any of this.
Eh, they'll probably have him hunt Venom or Lizard, or something stupid like that.

Goodness, I wish Disney could buy Spider-man from Sony.

Will be interesting to see how successful this film will be since we know how much people love Kraven alone. Yep, they hate Spidey and Kraven. They only want Kraven alone. Brilliant move, Sony.

Do these hack idiots know these are ****ing villains built up to fight Spider-Man? Are they that stupid that they think spiders villians are as recognizable as most avengers? They seem desperate

Imagine if Marvel Studios wanted to do this....

Whiplash solo
Malekith solo
Egghead solo

I could see, if Venom succeeds and the movie is made, Jeffrey Dean Morgan playing Kraven and the movie underperforming and perplexing a lot of people just like Watchmen.

Sony's got a lot of projects in the works. It doesn't mean they'll be made. One could easily write a book on the revolving plans pre-Homecoming.

Post-Homecoming so far rumors have been: Venom, Silver and Black, Morbius, Nightwatch, Mysterio/Kraven, and Silk. Obviously, Venom's the only one they've gone through with and Mysterio of course is not happening with or without Kraven as he's in "Far from Home".

Sony's just trying to capitalize from a business angle. If I picked characters associated with the Spider-Man comic as a studio, I could probably think of some with more story potential though... They're looking for something visual and attention grabbing for the general audience pretty much.

Most of these plans probably won't happen but I oddly do want a stand-alone Silver Sable and the Wildpack movie though (not buddy gal-pal flick). That would be awesome and is something I've actually thought would make a good stand-alone movie out of since reading Spider-Man comics back in the day. I mean she's not even really in Spider-Man's league as far as superpowers go and is sort of like Black Widow compared to the other Avengers in a way whenever she shows up. She needs her own world and movie like the Punisher has gotten. If Marvel Studio's wishes to do that then great but I'm open to a separate venture compared to nothing on this.:cwink:

Besides that, R-Rated creature feature movies could be fun I suppose. Might as well go crazy on this if decide to just let rights expire to Spider-Man, as they'll have to play more carefully with the Valiant Comics characters...

Valiant Comics should be getting more of a push by Sony if they really do want to get a shared universe going. These movies won't come with a riot attached to them from MCU fans hanging out at forums as much or perhaps negative publicity from being separate from Marvel Studio's as they have grown pretty popular as of late and any flames that can be fanned makes for a good story.

Last edited:
I would love Kraven to be a villain in a future Spidey film, but as has been said, what the bad place is he going to do for two hours without his enemy showing up? Venom works better as a solo character than Kraven.

Sony is smoking some heavy stuff these days. More so than usual.

Can we get another email hack to see what insanity is behind this.

They must be smoking something AMAZING.

"Hey guys, I got an idea... let's make a Kraven movie!" - Avi Arad

"I don't think that will work." - Sony execs

"But listen to this... Spider-Man is not in the movie, so Kraven won't hunt him." - Avi

*Sony execs stand up and clap in unison*

I don't think anyone expected Venom, let alone Morbius, to appear in Marvel's Spider-Man films, Kraven was more likely but still a longshot so it's not like plans, let alone imminent plans, are really being disrupted.

The plot would probably be him becoming a great hunter and then he fights off corporate-type hunters who hunt too greedily or without honor. Or they could have him as more of a villain hunting some famous & skilled but innocent people or just an honorable rival but that would be more risky.

Last edited:
Kraven could have easily been the villain of the third film, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"