Spidey Spin-Offs Kraven The Hunter

Discussion in 'Sony Spider-Man Spin-Offs' started by Nardz937, Aug 2, 2018.

1. Scarlet Spider Registered

I'm fine with a Kraven film. I just don't like the casting. Aaron Taylor Johnson is completely miscast.

TheVileOne likes this.
  2. Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

These guys are villains for a reason. Show some redeeming features sure, but don’t turn them all into heroes. Nothing wrong with badass villains with strong character being …bad in films.

TheVileOne and Spider-Fan like this.
  3. Spider-Fan SHHFFL 2014/2019 Champion

Exactly. These are not movies about villains. They are just taking villains and making them heroes. Venom and Morbius at least have precedent for that in comics, but show me the Kraven mini series where he started fighting crime?

So dumb lol

TheVileOne and Iceman like this.
  4. Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

Haha yep. I can see what they wanted to do with Joker but I don't want 20 films trying to do that and I also don't want every Spider-Man hero being a good-at-heart anti-hero who is only villainous in the extent to which they cross the line.

Hobgoblin and Spider-Fan like this.
  5. metaphysician Not a Side-Kick

The sad thing being, Kraven actually *is* a character who could work as just that, a villain protagonist. That's pretty much what he iconic story *was*. You just need to have the creative conviction to be willing to tell a story centered around an unambiguous villain, who is humanized but neither justified nor excused. Imagine Kraven's Last Hunt as the 'Infinity War' climax of a series of Spider-man movies, where Kraven was the recurring nemesis.

Spider-Fan likes this.
  6. GuestStar2004 Registered

I don't think Kaven is a big enough villain to take things to Infinity War levels.

7. Hobgoblin Veritas veritatum

A main character shouldn’t always be a good person. They need to be an interesting person. There are plenty of great movies and TV shows that focus on awful people.

8. metaphysician Not a Side-Kick

Its not about "big", its about dramatic importance. By my druthers, most Spidey villains have things they want, goals and motives, that Spider-man gets in the way of. They may hate and want to kill Spider-man, but its purely to get him out of the way so they can do ____. Kraven? Is different, he's the villain whose obsession is purely with Spider-man. He's in it to win it, in an escalating contest of brawn and brains across several movies.

9. GuestStar2004 Registered

At this point. it probably is about "big".

In the MCU they need to keep upping themselves.

In my opinion, if Marvel owned Kraven, he probably would be thrown into black panther. And fans would then be waiting years and speculating about how he will face spider-man in Spider-man 8 or something.

#284 GuestStar2004, Mar 26, 2022
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2022
  10. TheVileOne Registered

OK but why can't Kraven be in a Spider-Man film?

11. Scarlet Spider Registered

First set photo.

12. psylockolussus Merry Mutant

I'm terrified and also impressed that Sony keeps churning out these films. Like lol, can you imagine if there are three more characters getting their solo film after Venom, Morbius and Kraven.

TheVileOne likes this.
  13. NHawk19 insert witty comment

I mean Black Cat and Silver Sable were once on the list for their own films weren't they? Add a Hobgoblin flick and you're there.

I do wonder if they'll learn anything from the Morbius reviews but my guess is they'll over correct if they do try to interpret. You'd think with all they learned from the SM:Home Series from Feige they'd be able to make something click though.

14. Filmfreak Registered

Of course they did. That Spider-Man related movies make lots of money. So they have to make their own. :oldrazz:

TheVileOne likes this.
  15. NHawk19 insert witty comment

I mean you're not wrong . . . . . :csad:

But that's what got them in trouble with 2nd round of SM films. With the "Home" series I was hoping for a focus on process to achieve outcome rather than solely outcome. Even their animation department got that part right with the SV movie.

16. Spider-Fan SHHFFL 2014/2019 Champion

They wouldn't do a Hobgoblin movie. The much more obvious solution is Green Goblin movie featuring Harry Osborn combating the Hobgoblin

I Am The Knight and TheVileOne like this.
  17. Filmfreak Registered

I imagine they think having a successful Spider-Man in the MCU is enough to make people want to see the rest of their movies even if they are very loosely connected to each other. That whenever they release a poor film that loses part of the audience, a new MCU Spider-Man movie will arrive and the same part of the audience will come back for it, plus the rest of their solo villain entries, just because of some easter eggs and promises of crossovers that may or may not happen at some point. But you can only fool people for so long.

NHawk19 and Venom 1988 like this.
  18. TheVileOne Registered

Can someone please just explain this to me? How are you doing a self-contained Spider-Man universe with a bunch of Spider-Man rogues in movies that don't even have Spider-Man?

What's next a Scorpion movie where he fights The Spot and Paste Pot Pete?

spiderman2 likes this.
  19. Spider-Fan SHHFFL 2014/2019 Champion

Stop giving Sony ideas!!!!

AVEITWITHJAMON and TheVileOne like this.
  20. TheVileOne Registered

Sinister Six spinoff - The Not So Sinister Six. Starring The Grizzly, The Kangaroo, Boomerang, White Rabbit, The Spot, and Paste Pot Pete!

spiderman2 and Spider-Fan like this.
  21. psylockolussus Merry Mutant

For me, its I believe it when I see it when there are siX Spidey characters getting their own film. That would be impressive (in a terrying way) if they managed to go THAT far.

So far, they are now at a #3 with Kraven. Who knows if they would be able to release something like Madame Web into theaters and two more after that.

22. Spider-Fan SHHFFL 2014/2019 Champion

Madame Web is starting film pretty soon as far as I know. So I think that movie is gonna happen. Too far along at this point

TheVileOne likes this.
  23. TheVileOne Registered

I can get turning lesser known comic characters into films that are actually good, but not Madame Web.

Spider-Fan likes this.
  24. GwensNeckBrace Registered

I just don’t see this film performing well at the box office, but who knows.

25. Frodo Registered

They way I see it, Spiderman is basically Feige's baby , and even Sony, with it's wacky ideas, is not gonna rock the boat after NWH B.O.

So , Sony will let its freak flag fly with these wacky Spiderman adjacent films, but ultimately, Spidey is safe in Feige's/ Mavel's hands, and won't be tainted by the missteps of the spinoffs.

So, Kraven may stink, but Holland's Spiderman will smell like a daisy ,and be miles away ,from Morbuis , Kraven, and whatever other wacky spinoffs Sony has in mind.