Sony Spin-Off Kraven The Hunter

So Spider-Man is going to appear in the Kraven movie? Why not just make a Spider-Man film where he fights Kraven as the villain? Sony is garbage.

And is this Spider-Man going to be Tom Holland? If so, does that put this film in the MCU? Are they just going to have two versions of Spider-Man being played on screen at the same time, similar to what WB is doing with the Joker? I'm so confused and I hate Sony more with every bit of news we get for their terrible universe.

If it's based on "The Last Hunt", I'd imagine it's an older Spider-Man who both him and Kraven have had long history together.

I have hard time believing Disney/Marvel would allow two different live-action Spider-Man's to exist at the same time.

Sony are the ones with the character's film rights, though. Not Disney/Marvel. We don't know what protections their current deal offers, and further the deal is over come FFH. They can always extend the deal, true. But either way, this is not likely Disney/Marvel's call.

It’s true we don’t know the specifics of the deal, but you have to imagine there’s an approval say that Disney has for Spider-Man’s characters and ecspecially Spider-Man himself.

I believe they okay’d the Venom movie because they have no plans to use him.

And the Silver/Black movie got axed because they pulled the Green Goblin from the film because they have plans to use the character in the MCU.

It’s true we don’t know the specifics of the deal, but you have to imagine there’s an approval say that Disney has for Spider-Man’s characters and ecspecially Spider-Man himself.

And the Silver/Black movie got axed because they pulled the Green Goblin from the film because they have plans to use the character in the MCU.

That's speculatory at this stage. Remember, FFH is the last movie on the current deal unless they renew. So if they choose not to renew, then obviously Marvel won't be afforded that opportunity. Any use of another Spider-Man character requires Sony's approval. Coogler hinted at this when he was talking about using Kraven in Black Panther. So really none if this is Marvel's hands entirely.

I think if Sony went ahead and used Tom Holland's Spider-Man in their own films, Marvel would be able to step in and ensure that nothing else MCU related is included. But I have no idea since I never read the fine print, and nobody else here has either.

I feel like Sony wants to be sneaky and trick audiences into thinking their movies are in the same universe as the MCU. So if they decide to pull out of the deal and use Tom Holland's Spider-Man in their own films, the general audience would probably assume it's directly tied with the MCU.

If Tom Holland fights Kraven the Hunter in a Sony movie, wouldn't that sort of be MCU canon? That's where you start going into the gray area of this whole deal and everything gets confusing. Now if Sony went ahead and used a totally different Spider-Man played by a different actor, I think there would be no legal issues or confusion among audiences in regards to what is MCU and what isn't (which is also why we have an animated Peter Parker showing up in the ITSV film).

That's not true...a number of characters could have filled whatever role they had for Norman...Lincoln, Roderick, Silvermane, Fosworth, just to name a few. The film got broken up into two separate films, because the writers was not able to polish the script. They just could not come up with a solid paring of these two characters, that made sense. Sony stated they really wanted to do the female centric paring; but, that it simply don't work.

Now that's not to say that Marvel don't have plans for Norman...because at one point, Norman was rumored to play a major role in the next "Phases" of films, before they got access & repatriated the character rights back from Fox...notedly FF centric charcters.

Last edited:
If it's based on "The Last Hunt", I'd imagine it's an older Spider-Man who both him and Kraven have had long history together.

I have hard time believing Disney/Marvel would allow two different live-action Spider-Man's to exist at the same time.
I suspect the film will not be based on KLH verbatim...I'm thinking the essence will follow through; but, have little to do with a history with Spidey; yet, more about Kraven retiring so to speak, with a mystery shady character offer him maybe one last huge payday, one "Last Hunt", Spiderman.

They should cast Pedro Pascal as Kraven. He’s the splitting image of the character in the pages of the comics.

DTWZP5fX0AAKpmf.jpg

Google Image Result for https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DTWZP5fX0AAKpmf.jpg:large

Well, I haven't attempted a Photoshop comp since... childhood, I think? Despite now having a degree in graphic design. But here's a somewhat quick Pedro the Hunter.
MoTg8HM.jpg

MoTg8HM

Omg that’s perfect
I thought a thousand times, who Pedro Pascal could play in the MCU...never thought about that

How about Luke Evans as Kraven? Pedro Pascal would be awesome, but Luke Evans has broader shoulders.
You need broad shoulders to wear that lion fur

no, that doesnt confirm anything - they could show him as a vilain in SM3 and develop his backstory in the standalone Sony movie

i think sony did this so marvel wont use kraven in spiderman 3 they knew jon watts wanted to use him next now who do they pair with the scorpion? the scorpion alone cant carry the film

i think sony did this so marvel wont use kraven in spiderman 3 they knew jon watts wanted to use him next now who do they pair with the scorpion? the scorpion alone cant carry the film
Was Scorpion confirmed as a villain?

If so, I think he'd work as a main villain just fine.

yeah but Michael Mando is not a big enough name for such a big movie compared to Michael Keaton and Jake Gylenhaal...

Kraven seems like a natural villain for the next solo Spiderman film.

That said, its always been rumor and speculation that Kraven would be the villain and that he's the villain Watts and Feige had in mind for Spiderman 3.

There's never been any concrete confirmation Kraven would be the villain.

Feige and Disney probably knew about this announcement coming awhile ago, so I doubt its come as a blind side to them as it is to fans.

In confident enough that Feige, Watts, and the Marvel creative group, will find the right villain, or villians ,for Spiderman 3 ,regardless of whatever plans and announcements Sony makes at the moment .

They have a great track record and Spiderman has more than enough rogues ,other than Kraven, for Watts to draw upon.

So while this announcement makes me roll my eyes a bit, the sky isn't falling. This Spiderman, and he's several villains they could use, and several big gun villains they haven't used in the MCU yet.

I think if Sony wanted to do that, they could have just said "don't use Kraven in Spider-Man 3."

I don't think its far fetched that Kraven is introduced in MCU Spider-Man 3 and then spun off into a solo film. We already know that the Vulture is making an appearance in Morbius. And there was talk of a Mysterio spin off last year.

It fits the whole jumping between cinematic universes thing that was mentioned when the Marvel-Sony deal was renewed.

I don't think its far fetched that Kraven is introduced in MCU Spider-Man 3 and then spun off into a solo film. We already know that the Vulture is making an appearance in Morbius. And there was talk of a Mysterio spin off last year.

It fits the whole jumping between cinematic universes thing that was mentioned when the Marvel-Sony deal was renewed.

That's a possibility that crossed my mind as well.

An origin story would be great, if they plan on keeping him as a jungle hunter. Otherwise he won’t make much sense. Then again, he won’t make much sense to a lot of people anyway, since his background is so unusual. It would be the first superhero movie period piece.

That's my assumption. Sony is pushing to make this movie so they can create synergy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"