Kristen Wiig IS Cheetah

In terms of performance, Wiig is cast as Barbara. Cheetah, on the other hand, will be 90% CGI, 10% stunt double(s), and 0% Wiig.

So its fair to say Wiig plays Barbara, but hard to say she plays Cheetah, apart from the voice acting.

In terms of performance, Wiig is cast as Barbara. Cheetah, on the other hand, will be 90% CGI, 10% stunt double(s), and 0% Wiig.

So its fair to say Wiig plays Barbara, but hard to say she plays Cheetah, apart from the voice acting.

Mocap is considered the actor's performance.

Mocap is considered the actor's performance.
Sure. For some reason I'm thinking most of the takes they end up using will actually be the stunt double(s) mocap. Does Wiig have good movement? Like, good cheetah-like movement? I have to admit I've never seen her in anything (except Despicable Me 3 which doesn't count), but from her posture in interviews and the one bit of production footage where she was leaping up the side of a building at night on wires, she seems rather "tame" in her movement. Actually she looks to me like she is in a perpetual state of sedation. No offense; a fine Barbara, but I can't see her producing much useable mocap for Cheetah.

Last edited:
I think we are jumping to conclusion based on what ? There's no trailer yet. And using stunt doubles is nothing new, most of Mystique / Black Widow stunt scenes are filmed using stunt doubles, and when they have to make her jump, they will also use wire-work and CGI, again it's the usual practice.

For Cheetah, they will use variety of techniques, including make-up, prosthetics, stunt doubles and CGI.

Reposting this..
So Cheetah's design is reportedly based on Greg Rucka's incarnation.

wonder-woman.jpeg

Just to be clear, I am trying to defend the casting of Wiig. Alot of people were worried saying they can't see her as Cheetah. I'm saying, don't worry about that half of the character. She'll be a fine Barbara, and the stunt doubles have the Cheetah half covered, plus her good voice acting to top it off.

The CGI looks too clean.

View attachment 27245 I certainly hope she looks better than this.

Why what’s wrong with that ;)

Nah in all seriousness it’s weird how many guys are saying they’re sexually attracted to the cats. Not because I’m shaming them but just because it’s weird to see so many straight guys into theatre all of a sudden

So how can Cheetah avoid the horrified reaction that people have had to Cats? Can they learn from that at all? I suppose it's fortunate that the Cats trailer came out now so that Patty Jenkins and her crew can gauge reactions to that.

What do they need to do differently for Cheetah to not make people find her gross? Yes, she is probably meant to be scary, but not in that icky uncanny valley sort of way that produces feelings of repulsion.

So how can Cheetah avoid the horrified reaction that people have had to Cats? Can they learn from that at all? I suppose it's fortunate that the Cats trailer came out now so that Patty Jenkins and her crew can gauge reactions to that.

What do they need to do differently for Cheetah to not make people find her gross? Yes, she is probably meant to be scary, but not in that icky uncanny valley sort of way that produces feelings of repulsion.
To start with, avoid human eyes, teeth, nose. Also hands should be more like claws.

Ears should face sideways and elongated. The chin shouldn't be hairless. The rest of the facial structure should look bestial like Beast in X-Men.

It's all in the face. The issue is the Cats are too human looking. If they looked more catlike it wouldn't have been an issue. Same goes with Cheetah.

Looks like there's lots of prosthetics instead of CGI like Cats.

If it's true that Cheetah's got white fur with grey stripes, it's not too late to change that. She's a Cheetah, not a white bengal tiger. Sure they can take some artistic liberties but, in the end, she must resemble her animal namesake

If it's true that Cheetah's got white fur with grey stripes, it's not too late to change that. She's a Cheetah, not a white bengal tiger. Sure they can take some artistic liberties but, in the end, she must resemble her animal namesake
Where did this rumor come from? It seems like the worst rumor... especially when her name is....

Where did this rumor come from? It seems like the worst rumor... especially when her name is....

Some dude who claims to have seen a test screening of WW84 described Cheetah as having a white coat of fur with grey stripes which, on the face of it, sounds more like a white tiger than a cheetah. I get that white tigers are absolutely stunning animals but the character in question is named after a Cheetah…

Now she’s often mistakenly portrayed as a leopard in the comics, in Brazil she’s even known as “Mulher Leopardo” but a striped, white Cheetah, that's a first

King Cheetahs, which are extremely rare, do have stripes along their back, perhaps that's what she looks like...

Last edited:
Some dude who claims to have seen a test screening of WW84 described Cheetah as having a white coat of fur with grey stripes which, on the face of it, sounds more like a white tiger than a cheetah. I get that white tigers are absolutely stunning animals but the character in question is named after a Cheetah…

Now she’s often mistakenly portrayed as a leopard in the comics, in Brazil she’s even known as “Mulher Leopardo” but a striped, white Cheetah, that's a first

King Cheetahs, which are extremely rare, do have stripes along their back, perhaps that's what she looks like...
It could just be graphics that haven’t been rendered and they are grey for the sake of being unfinished.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"