Superman Returns `Krrish,' Bollywood Blockbuster, Pummels `Superman' in India

boywonder13

Sidekick
Reaction score
WOW! The world really needs Superman (yah right)......:eek::down

`Krrish,' Bollywood Blockbuster, Pummels `Superman' in India

By Abhay Singh and Nabeel Mohideen

Aug. 22 (Bloomberg) -- A black-masked, overcoat-clad newcomer pounded Superman in India this summer.

``Krrish,'' the first movie about the namesake hunk of a do- gooder with supernatural powers, hit Indian theaters the week before ``Superman Returns'' in June. ``Krrish'' was still running as many as three shows a day six weeks after its debut. The re- entry of ``Superman,'' one of the globe's most popular superheroes, was down to one daily showing after five weeks.

``I was a little skeptical that Superman might hurt me, but fortunately it didn't,'' says Rakesh Roshan, who produced and directed ``Krrish'' and cast his son, Hrithik Roshan, as the well- muscled lead. ``In Hollywood, they make films with a budget of $250 million. I make a film with $8 million, and if I can achieve similar success with a small budget, it's a big achievement.''

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601088&sid=a_qfKvBFDcoY&refer=muse

LOL!!! "Krrish" - just sounds dumb.

"I cast my well-muscled son...." LOL!!

the thing that makes me sad is:

`In Hollywood, they make films with a budget of $250 million. I make a film with $8 million, and if I can achieve similar success with a small budget.
------

*No Wonder superman doesnt go to India, no one likes him there....

boywonder13 said:
the thing that makes me sad is:

`In Hollywood, they make films with a budget of $250 million. I make a film with $8 million, and if I can achieve similar success with a small budget.
------

*No Wonder superman doesnt go to India, no one likes him there....

All this tells me is that India sucks.

I don't get it...why would any of you think that Superman would beat a hero of Indian heritage in...India...

Showtime029 said:
I don't get it...why would any of you think that Superman would beat a hero of Indian heritage in...India...

:confused: But he is!!!

superman.jpg

:(

Showtime029 said:

Hrithik%20Roshan.jpg

As much as I enjoyed SR, I think this kind of action movie would give it a run for it's money here too.

That's the lead of Krrish, I think I like how Bollywood casts it's super-hero movies.

Showtime029 said:
You do realize who you're asking that of don't you?:)

Manhunter said:
Hrithik%20Roshan.jpg

As much as I enjoyed SR, I think this kind of action movie would give it a run for it's money here too.

That's the lead of Krrish, I think I like how Bollywood casts it's super-hero movies.

I remember seeing the teaser/trailer for Krrish and it looked pretty damn fun. I think it would actually do well here in the US but not sure if it would pull Superman Returns numbers, as ironic as that sounds.

C. Lee said:
You do realize who you're asking that of don't you?:)

I know, I know, it's almost as if I didn't have to even ask it.

Showtime029 said:
I know, I know, it's almost as if I didn't have to even ask it.
As with my answer...but it's what we do may pal....it's what we do.

I wonder if that thing will make it to the USofA on DVD...I'd like to take a look.

Bad Superman said:

Faster then a speeding NY taxicab...
Able to leap 7/11's in a single bound....
Stronger then a camel!

It's SuperIndianMan!
:up:

PS, I'm just joking and playing on stereotypes....Sorry

C. Lee said:
As with my answer...but it's what we do may pal....it's what we do.

I wonder if that thing will make it to the USofA on DVD...I'd like to take a look.

It will show up somewhere, no doubt. Online and/or DVD. I want to check it out. :up:

India should concentrate on making better tshirts:down

SpiderMarc said:
Faster then a speeding NY taxicab...
Able to leap 7/11's in a single bound....
Stronger then a camel!

It's SuperIndianMan!
:up:

PS, I'm just joking and playing on stereotypes....Sorry

Mencia??:confused: :mad:

man i like made a thread saying this would kick superman butt but it got deleted ARghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"