Krypton Krypton - General Discussion Thread

I just know it's next year, but not sure exactly when.

Why is the only other thread in here locked for seemingly no reason at all.

I'll third that. It was active until a day or so ago and I saw nothing inappropriate posted. Hopefully whoever locked it will give a reason why it was locked.

I think it may be because Goyer is now off the show.

I assume Goyer is still "attached" to the series inasmuch as he'll still get a "created by/developed by" credit. And he's probably still an "executive producer."

As for why the older thread was locked, I figured it was just an organizational thing: now that the series has its own forum, time for new threads.

:word:

Yeah, I'm confused why the other thread was locked too. Anyway, show's coming in March...

http://www.kryptonsite.com/krypton-new-series-description-possible-syfy-premiere-date/

Set two generations before the destruction of Superman’s home planet, KRYPTON follows Seg-El (Cameron Cuffe), the legendary Man of Steel’s grandfather — whose House of El was ostracized and shamed. With Krypton’s leadership in disarray, Seg-El encounters Earthly time-traveler Adam Strange (Shaun Sipos) who warns he’s under the clock to save his beloved world from chaos. Fighting to redeem his family’s honor and protect the ones he loves, Seg is also faced with a life and death conflict – save his home planet or let it be destroyed in order to restore the fate of his future grandson.

KRYPTON is from Warner Horizon Scripted Television and is executive produced by David S. Goyer (“Man of Steel,” “Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice,” “The Dark Knight Trilogy”) through his Phantom Four banner, alongside Cameron Welsh, who serves as showrunner. In addition to Cuffe and Sipos, the show also stars Georgina Campbell (“Broadchurch”), Elliot Cowan (“Da Vinci’s Demons”), Ann Ogbomo (“World War Z”), Rasmus Hardiker (“Your Highness”), Wallis Day (“Will”), Aaron Pierre (“Tennison”) and Ian McElhinney (“Game of Thrones”). Based on the DC characters created by Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster, KRYPTON premieres in 2018.

The newest trailers actually look kind of interesting and I'm curious how they will use Adam Strange, Hawkwoman and Brainiac in the show.

I assume Goyer is still "attached" to the series inasmuch as he'll still get a "created by/developed by" credit. And he's probably still an "executive producer."

What's the story behind Goyer's departure? I thought this was his baby :huh:

I think he was on it initially then replaced

Is there anything anywhere official that Goyer is no longer involved? Not saying it isn't true, but I never saw any announcements that Goyer was stepping down.

hope they show:

- how the superman suit was build. Why does symbols and colors?

- What is doomsday? genetic war weapon?

- relations to earth historically

- kryptonites and sun light ???

-kyptonian technology

- relations to other races and aliens, wars, enemies, alies, pacts
(
green lanterns ,
the reach,
antimonitor,
martian manhunter and so on, Apokolips- young darkseid, steppen wolf, granny goodness, )

this series has a lot of potential taking that Kryptonians grow really old. That could open a lot of potential even with a posibble for a cross over with Legends of Tommorow in the future.

If Krypton is still part of the DCEU then Lex Luthor created Doomsday. So the people on Krypton had nothing to do with the creation of Doomsday.

If Krypton is still part of the DCEU then Lex Luthor created Doomsday. So the people on Krypton had nothing to do with the creation of Doomsday.

The show runners have said they are using Doomsday in this show. Obviously it won't be the same version in the film, thankfully.

The show runners have said they are using Doomsday in this show. Obviously it won't be the same version in the film, thankfully.

It'll be interesting to see just how they compare.

Lex didn't create the very first "Doomsday." The film mentioned the process being outlawed or whatever, so there had been other Doomsdays so to speak. That's how Lex knew how to even create one.

This is all worthless info if the show isn't connected to the DCEU of course.

This is all worthless info if the show isn't connected to the DCEU of course.

Last I heard it was although I haven't been following the development of this show that closely.

I can't quit remember where I read it but I read somewhere a while back that it was no longer connected to the DCEU and that Goyer was no longer involved.

I can't quit remember where I read it but I read somewhere a while back that it was no longer connected to the DCEU and that Goyer was no longer involved.

According to Deadline.com, Goyer was at the recent TCA press conference.

http://deadline.com/2018/01/krypton...ameron-cuffe-david-goyer-syfy-tca-1202239211/

And according to Wikipedia, Phantom Four (Goyer's company) is still producing Krypton. But he's not the showrunner.

Also: SHH's front page has a new trailer.

[YT]jyjTQjcyu4g[/YT]

This looks so good, the production values alone look better than any other DC TV superhero show.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"