Kurse!

I really enjoyed Thor, but I HATED that they seriously nerfed the Destroyer. They better not nerf Kurse in this movie.

I think the only reasons why they de-powered "The Destroyer" was due to:

1. The Budget. I mean really, if you look at the quality of the effects for that moment, it's very noticeable on how constrained their budget was for that film.

2. The pacing of the moment. I remember reading on how Kenneth or someone involved with the film had said that one of the reasons why they had Thor quickly destroy the destroyer was because they wanted to keep up with the high momentum that was established from Thor regaining his powers and not being a helpless mortal anymore.

They're dropping a lot of individual character posters lately. I'd love to get a poster of Kurse in all his glory, so we can drool over him until the release even if they don't show much of him in the trailers.

I think the only reasons why they de-powered "The Destroyer" was due to:

1. The Budget. I mean really, if you look at the quality of the effects for that moment, it's very noticeable on how constrained their budget was for that film.

2. The pacing of the moment. I remember reading on how Kenneth or someone involved with the film had said that one of the reasons why they had Thor quickly destroy the destroyer was because they wanted to keep up with the high momentum that was established from Thor regaining his powers and not being a helpless mortal anymore.

Exactly :up:

That's why I'm certain they're not nerfing Kurse, not to mention how Alan "gushes" over the character.

I'm kind of bummed we haven't seen much of Kurse in the marketing. Then again we didn't see much of Faora in the MOS marketing and she was the best damn thing about that movie!

The Destroyer fight was far too short indeed, but you gotta admit the look and design was PERFECT.

I wonder if they'll give us a good idea in this film as to who is more stronger between Kurse or the MCU version of Hulk.

I wonder if they'll give us a good idea in this film as to who is more stronger between Kurse or the MCU version of Hulk.

I sure hope so and I want that person to be "Kurse" the Dark Elf formely known as Algrim The Strong.

Honestly, if the MCU version of Kurse is just as strong, if not stronger than Hulk, I don't think it'd be possible for Loki to defeat him without having been given a serious magical boost beforehand.

I hope Kurse doesn't die in this film. In the comics, he eventually becomes an ally. I'm not saying the 180 should happen in this film (in fact, I think it shouldn't). But I do hope he survives.

Honestly, if the MCU version of Kurse is just as strong, if not stronger than Hulk, I don't think it'd be possible for Loki to defeat him without having been given a serious magical boost beforehand.

I can pretty much guarantee you that Loki isn't going to defeat, hell I'd even bet on Kurse reminded him of Hulk's slam.

Honestly guys ... it's kinda moot to argue over who'd be stronger. I mean at the end of the day you're talking the equivalent of 5 different shades of light blue.

That's gotta be the toughest thing about the depictions in these films. I personally choose to not over-analyze it as it's not worth fretting over. Just put on a good fight is all I ever ask.

Honestly guys ... it's kinda moot to argue over who'd be stronger. I mean at the end of the day you're talking the equivalent of 5 different shades of light blue.

That's gotta be the toughest thing about the depictions in these films. I personally choose to not over-analyze it as it's not worth fretting over. Just put on a good fight is all I ever ask.

Very good point, as long as Kurse comes across as somewhere in Hulk's ball park I won't complain.

See, personally I'd like this type of stuff to be taken into consideration, with relevance to the strength level/power level of other characters in other movies.

Kurse is generally so much stronger than Hulk, that if thor and Kurse duke it out in this movie, all Kurse has to do is get the better of Thor, even if its by a little bit to determine who is superior, him or hulk

No one, other then maybe Thanos with the gauntlet, will change Hulk on a physical level. Ultron will probably just be invulnerable. He is the Hulk. He just needs to get angrier.

See, personally I'd like this type of stuff to be taken into consideration, with relevance to the strength level/power level of other characters in other movies.

From an actual narrative standpoint for a screenplay, what you ask for is tedious and at some point could become ridiculous. I mean what do you want them to do in order to separate their strength levels? Should one guy throw an entire mountain and then the next guy toss an entire planet? That stuff is for the comics.

When translated over to film, there's a point where trying to demonstratively make distinctions between two powerhouses is kind of absurd. What should be more important is "how" they fight.

From an actual narrative standpoint for a screenplay, what you ask for is tedious and at some point could become ridiculous. I mean what do you want them to do in order to separate their strength levels? Should one guy throw an entire mountain and then the next guy toss an entire planet? That stuff is for the comics.

When translated over to film, there's a point where trying to demonstratively make distinctions between two powerhouses is kind of absurd. What should be more important is "how" they fight.

What? No, that's not what I am suggesting at all. I wasn't talking about scale, I was talking about continuity. All I am saying since our characters have well established, and different strength and power level, and these difference in the strength/power level feats should stay constant, even if they are in different films.

ex. It's been established in a fight scene with strength feats that Hulk is physically stronger than Thor because Hulk Ko'd Thor. Because of that proven superiority, if the writers want to give thor an amazing strength geat, they should make sure it isn't superior to any strength feats Hulk has shown.

Keeping their respective strength levels for all characters in comparison. It's not that tedious, just hoping for consistency

I know exactly what jaqua99 is talking about. It is something that has been troubling me about the Avatar Korra series. Characters abilities changing do to the plot as opposed to being consistent and writing a plot true to the character and their abilities.

I know a lot don't care, but it is why stuff like Jane putting Loki annoys me. It makes no sense in context.

Eh, lets not go exaggerating. The Hulk is not some cosmic being. He's really strong, yes, but there are stronger. And people certainly have transformed and screwed around with him before. Magneto and IIRC the Presence have both taken him out by screwing with his gamma ray power supply, the Silver Surfer has depowered or outright cured him twice, I'm pretty sure a couple people have transmuted him into various things. . . he doesn't really have any particular defense against exotic attacks other than "hope I can heal from this."

Well, that, and the generic defense of "I am a name character." But that isn't a power of the character, its just plot protection and, often, bad writing.

Not to mention Zeus pounding him into submission

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"