Kurse!

Kurse looks incredible. His design is much better than the comic book version, or even the video game concept art that someone assured us would look better than the on screen version.

Has this been posted? I don't keep up up-to-date with this forum at all, so it could be months old, but I haven't personally seen it before.

EmrqQkr.jpg

If it's old, apologies.

I'm definitely glad that they didn't go down the route of using just Motion Capture (ala full CGI) to create his look.

I'm definitely glad that they didn't go down the route of using just Motion Capture (ala full CGI) to create his look.

I thought the same thing! They could have used CGI like Hulk or the orcs in The Hobbit

Nowadays filmmakers just use the 'easy' way which is to use motion capture on a character like this, but Alan Taylor decided to use make-up because when you actually look at this film, there are A LOT of practical effects with Kurse, Malekith, Dark Elves, Marauders, real locations etc. This film to me looks more real than the first Hobbit film (and I really enjoyed the first Hobbit film, but it did have too much CGI such as green screens and CGI orcs).

Wonder if his jaw will move when he speaks, or if there's a kind of mask thing going on

Wonder if his jaw will move when he speaks, or if there's a kind of mask thing going on
Picture at the top of the page looks like he's snarling, so I'm inclined to say its his face.

Kurse looks incredible. His design is much better than the comic book version, or even the video game concept art that someone assured us would look better than the on screen version.

Hmmm can you post a pic of this concept art?

Reminds me a bit of The Predator.

Except more badass and that's saying a lot since Predator looks very badass.

I love the Predator films btw

I really want him to talk - does Kurse speak?

Kurse looks good to me - but I suspect there may be some digital help around the mouth area -

Just curious why some are so happy this is practical yet so many seems to want a digital Thing in the FF reboot.

Iv'e asked a few people who have seen the movie and haven't received consistent answers. But is Algrim's transformation into Kurse confirmed for the movie? I mean will they have a werewolf type scene with him transforming?

Kurse looks good to me - but I suspect there may be some digital help around the mouth area -

Just curious why some are so happy this is practical yet so many seems to want a digital Thing in the FF reboot.

They want a for The Thing what Marvel did with the Hulk.

Kurse was made with 2012 technology while The Thing was made with 2004-2006 technology, that's why the difference is so noticeable.

Kurse was made with 2012 technology while The Thing was made with 2004-2006 technology, that's why the difference is so noticeable.

I also think it's more important for Thing to be really big than it is for Kurse. You can't do big well without going CGI, at least not with that kind of action character.

Mjölnir;27099019 said:
I also think it's more important for Thing to be really big than it is for Kurse. You can't do big well without going CGI, at least not with that kind of action character.

I don't know about that, especially considering that Kurse is a lot bigger than The Thing.

I don't know about that, especially considering that Kurse is a lot bigger than The Thing.

It's always personal opinion but from the people I've heard talk about the two I've seen plenty of people happy with how Kurse looks in the movie but few who were happy with Thing in the FF movies. I think it's because Kurse has features that can be made to work regardless of size.

Mjölnir;27101389 said:
It's always personal opinion but from the people I've heard talk about the two I've seen plenty of people happy with how Kurse looks in the movie but few who were happy with Thing in the FF movies. I think it's because Kurse has features that can be made to work regardless of size.

I agree, orange rocks and being big are pretty much all their is to The Thing's physical appearance. While Kurse has various horns, spikes, and motifs that will make him look like Kurse regardless of size.

Another thing, from what we've been hearing from people who's seen the film is that the fight with Kurse does not disappoint.

Last edited:
Kurse was an awesome henchman in this. More menacing and overall better than Savin, IMO.

Know nothing about this character but in the movie he's basically a [BLACKOUT]Bane (Batman and robin) type henchman for the main baddie to point at the hero. He does give some good wallops to Thor though.[/BLACKOUT]

Know nothing about this character but in the movie he's basically a [BLACKOUT]Bane (Batman and robin) type henchman for the main baddie to point at the hero. He does give some good wallops to Thor though.[/BLACKOUT]

He can talk in more than one word sentences though, right?

That's a very accurate comparision. Though Kurse is still not as ridiculous as that character.

I haven't read any of the comics or known anything about Kurse, but I loved how they transformed him from Algrim. It made sense to me, simple but effective not like some fantasy movies where it just gets wacky and stupid.
I think he's the best henchman I've seen in a movie. Powerful, loyal and intelligent.
A fantastically well done character who's doing his job and doing it with style.

[BLACKOUT]He may not be that tall and in that way imposing, but hell I'd love to see him take on Hulk. That would be a glorious battle......glorious, not lengthy. [/BLACKOUT]

Wow and I loved Eric Savin immensely in Iron Man 3.

It's his onscreen presence and ferocity that gets to me. Without a doubt he's one of the strongest MCU villains. (Abomination would be a great match and we haven't seen Thanos do anything yet :cwink:)

I haven't read any of the comics or known anything about Kurse, but I loved how they transformed him from Algrim. It made sense to me, simple but effective not like some fantasy movies where it just gets wacky and stupid.
I think he's the best henchman I've seen in a movie. Powerful, loyal and intelligent.
A fantastically well done character who's doing his job and doing it with style.

[BLACKOUT]He may not be that tall and in that way imposing, but hell I'd love to see him take on Hulk. That would be a glorious battle......glorious, not lengthy. [/BLACKOUT]

Completely agree with this!

Kurse was definitely an awesome henchman. Great look and presence, still intelligent and man is he powerful.

He can talk in more than one word sentences though, right?

Yes, he talks in a normal way and stays intelligent. He's not just a heap of muscle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"