Kurse!

Hulk punched out Cthulhu in the Avengers.

Kurse lifted a rock...

True, true. After Mjolnir was deflected, he could have thrown a punch or two, or even hurled a huge boulder himself. That would have been cool!

26t.jpg

Yes! Quick question, what year is that comic from?

Good henchman, I did feel he was overpowered a bit much against Thor, but still good adaptation from comic panel to screen

Kurse was one of the highlights of TDW. Great blend of practical and CGI effects.

Nomore overpowered than he was in the comics vs Thor.

Yeah, Kurse is actually supposed to be like that versus Thor. Hence why they pulled out the singularity grenade as a way to get rid of him. I'd almost wonder whether he survived *that*, too, just with him stuck wherever the things lead.

Well it depends if it's just a painful teleportation, or if it's an actual singularity that crushes your matter into oblivion.
And if the latter is the case, then no matter how much I love the Hulk, I'm giving it to the singularity grenade, as painful as that is to admit. But it's not just a grenade, it is a mini black hole.

The only chance Hulk has is if it explodes near him, and he proves strong enough to hold his ground and resist its pull until it expire. But if the grenade is attached to him like it was to Kurse, then he's GONE. :/

The grenade is interesting, If it's a mini black hole then it probably needs some serious magic manipulation from Maleketh in order to create them and not just be a technological weapon. I feel this makes a lot more sense since they seem to be in a very limited supply.

No magic, pure science, like the Asgardians. After all even the Cube and Aether are based in science.

No, its science *and* magic. . . because you are using an overly restrictive definition. Its science in that the Dark Elves totally understand what they are doing in a rational sense. Its magic in that it, almost certainly, taps into forces and laws well outside what contemporary humanity understands as parts of the laws of physics. Ditto for the Asgardians.

No, its science *and* magic. . . because you are using an overly restrictive definition. Its science in that the Dark Elves totally understand what they are doing in a rational sense. Its magic in that it, almost certainly, taps into forces and laws well outside what contemporary humanity understands as parts of the laws of physics. Ditto for the Asgardians.
If it is magic to us just because we can't understand it, how is it magic outright? Especially considering who is doing it?

If it is magic to us just because we can't understand it, how is it magic outright? Especially considering who is doing it?
Because that's what "magic outright" IS in the MCU. Science that mortals don't understand/can't comprehend.

It depends on what "magic" is. The problem is that people keep insisting on magic needing to be somehow 'opposite' to science, despite that being absolute nonsense. All science is, is a rigorous and rational study of reality. . . and anything that is even slightly repeatable and perceivable is subject to scientific understanding.

So, if you define magic as "a particular force in reality, historically linked to rituals and incantations and hand-waving", then sure, you can have magic. If you define magic as "stuff science doesn't understand", then sure, you can have magic. . . though it won't remain magic once people actually study it. If you define magic as "stuff science cannot understand ever", then you won't find any magic.

I wonder why were the Kursed in the prologue less effective the the one in the present. Were the old Asgardians more powerful or the old Kursed weaker?

Probably a little bit of both. The scene we saw was at the end of the Asgard/Dark Elf war. Not only were those all hardened veteran warriors, but they were familiar with the ways of Dark Elf warfare, and likely trained and armed to fight things like Kursed.

Probably a little bit of both. The scene we saw was at the end of the Asgard/Dark Elf war. Not only were those all hardened veteran warriors, but they were familiar with the ways of Dark Elf warfare, and likely trained and armed to fight things like Kursed.

Very good post :up:

I thought Kurse was phenomenal. The effects were outstanding & the delivery of the character was completely on point so this guy has no complaints.

I do kind of wish the fight with Thor had been a bit longer, but I do love what we got. Kurse got a pretty nice strength feat & Thor got a good durability feat. lol

I thought Kurse was phenomenal. The effects were outstanding & the delivery of the character was completely on point so this guy has no complaints.

I do kind of wish the fight with Thor had been a bit longer, but I do love what we got. Kurse got a pretty nice strength feat & Thor got a good durability feat. lol

Yep I didn't really mind Thor being punched around by Kurse, that's how their fights went in the comics as well.

Yep I didn't really mind Thor being punched around by Kurse, that's how their fights went in the comics as well.

Indeed. I have no gripes with the way it turned out. Had they done it differently & had Thor dominating the fight it would've made Kurse much less effective.

It seemed to me Kurse was portrayed stronger than Hulk and that Hulk was a little stronger than Thor in TA. A big difference was that Kurse didn´t seem to feel pain nor did he seem to regenerate or have as inpenetrable skin as Hulk (thinking about the sword that went through Kurse) but on the other hand Loki stabbed Thor with an Asguardian knife in TA.

One could argue that this knife only works as a magic disrupter, hence only cuts through magic or Asguardian like forces (Thor is more "magic" in a way than the Hulk, if you ask me anyways) so that if someone used Loki´s knife or sword on lets say Hulk´s skin which isn´t "magical"/Asguardian powers or a hard normal material like steel, it wouldn´t penetrate just as any knife/sword. So would Loki´s sword/knife easily go through solid steel? Thor´s skin is harder than steel so in that case Kurse, and Thor for that matter, could have skin as or more impenetreble than Hulk´s in every aspect as long as there are no magic weapon involved.

So knowing this I would say that a Hulk under control and with such a sword would kill Kurse or Thor by simply cutting through them but I can´t be sure who has the strongest skin under conditions without any magic disrupting forces, Hulk or Kurse. I do know however that Kurse ignores pain and Hulk doesn´t and also, Hulk regenerates while Kurse doesn´t seem to or have to.

In terms of strength.
Despite Kurse hitting Thor 7 times in the face, he didn´t start bleeding more than a little from his forehead but in TA Hulk made Thor´s nose bleed in one punch. + His leviathan smash was pretty immense.

On the other hand Hulk fared worse against mjolnir like he wasn´t strong enough to withstand it the way Kurse did BUT Hulk doesn´t get hit by a flying mjolnir but grabs it in the air which isn´t the same as gettin hit by it while it´s flying. I mean, if the hammer flies way up in the air and Kurse jump way up and grabs the hammer, he wouldn´t either be able to do anything but follow with it since no one can lift it. Also, when Hulk is flying away by the hammer Thor uses his might by using an "uppercut" whilst Hulk is in mid air. Once in mid air you´re just an ordinary object incapable of using muscles to withstand mjolnir which then makes Hulk "fly" away/up. Kurse had all his muscles to prevent his body from falling since he was on the ground when mjolnir hit him the first and second time, two times where Thor didn´t swing the hammer, he threw it. Kurse also had the advantage of hearing the hammer thus making it possible for him to turn around and counter it with force which portrayed mjolnir weak compared to the might of Kurse.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=advsN-DfY2k(Thor vs Hulk scene)

Also about the grenade... that means Thor and Hulk could be killed "that" easy. It was a little lame but made sense if Loki were to play out his scheme. I just kept thinking tho, how did Loki survive? did he go invis and pretend being hit by the sword? But honestly though Thor, swing the hammer, use all the lightning and give us some cool effects and keep hitting until the bones in the forearm starts cracking and you should be able to break the monster, fry the monster or something like it to the point where it is weakened enough for Coup de grâce.

Who do you think would win, Hulk or Kurse?
Personally I´d say Hulk would win and I´m not even a Hulk fan. I just think he wasn´t portrayed as strong as Kurse in comparison to Thor and I think they´re about the same. And yes Hulk would pound Kurse and he wouldn´t be flying/going down on his knees since he uses his muscles to counter but everytime Hulk takes a hit he gets angrier and eventually he would win thx to his strength, regen, size and weight + the fact that if Hulk can make Thor bleed with one arm tells us that he can do some serious physical damage to Kurse after a while. Sure he wouldn´t feel it/care to begin with but eventually he´d become less and less functional where Hulk just would regenerate and hit harder.

If he wouldn´t grab Kurse by the leg and smash him in every direction, he would eventually grab his tusks while wresteling thx to his huge hands and lock him down because he has the advantage of being able to grab Kurse with his hands/arms/legs. Kurse wouldn´t then be able to get a good grip around Hulk basically because he isn´t of the same dimensions, thus eliminating a lot of ways to weaken/kill a Hulk. Eventually Hulk would be in a position where he has Kurse locked down. He would then Lean back, pull the tusks and eventually his neck would snap or twist.

[In before ppl start repling about how wrong this is, it´s okay. I brought an umberella :up:]

Last edited:
My rule of thumb: assume that sharp is sharp and power is power, unless explicit evidence appears otherwise. Which is to say, yes, Loki could totally cut Hulk with his knife. It just wouldn't exactly help much if Hulk proceeds to throttle him seconds later.

Yeah it makes sense. I´d love to see Abomination, Hulk, Drax, Thor and Kurse fight Thanos. Would be the most awesome fight ever hehe :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"