Kurse!

Discussion in 'Thor: The Dark World' started by R_Hythlodeus, Aug 23, 2012.

1. pr0xyt0xin

pr0xyt0xin Shaper Savant

I think the way you should try to look at it is this, people know these characters (or at least they will after a second and third billion dollar Avengers film). They will practically be household names. Like Batman, Spider-Man and James Bond himself. By that time with all the complaints about "ugh another reboot, we've seen uncle ben die/batmans parents die/banner get blasted with gamma rays/etc a hundred times now!" At a certain point, people will know the characters well enough to not need reboots and will prefer recasts.

So I'm not saying they should or shouldnt make these films indefinitely. I'm just saying the general audience will be the deciding factor. It all depends on how many viewers pay for what type of films. We, as comic book fans already know the characters. Iron Man is on the same level as Bond in my eyes. They did the origin story right once, watch RDJ do it if you want to experience it again. I, for one, am all for an indefinite series of films. Heck, didn't Iron Man's original series break 300 issues?

2. ThePowerCosmic

Kurse is twice as strong, so I want to see him use that against Thor. Because if not, then there would be no point in Kurse being stronger than Thor. I want to see them both go through some serious pain and brutality in their fight(s).

3. BigThor

BigThor God of Thunder

Kurse is twice as strong as Thor but he isn't as skilled as a fighter and doesn't have a variety of powers.

Like I said, I would like to see Kurse start to own Thor physically which should force him to pull out his more large scale attacks.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2012
  4. ThePowerCosmic

I've been talking about physically the entire time lol. And yeah, eventually Thor needs to pull out the big guns in their fight.

5. BigThor

BigThor God of Thunder

Oh okay I thought you were saying you want to see Thor get his as beat for the entire fight.

My bad bro and yeah Thor definately needs to pull out the big guns in this fight.

6. ThePowerCosmic

Oh HELL no. Thor would look like such a wimp if that happened. :hehe:

No problem man, I should have elaborated on what I said in the first place.

7. herolee10

herolee10 No More Miracles

That's definitely a good way to put it. And yeah, i do hope that they have a solid plan on how they plan on going about all of this because I'm one to prefer quality over quantity.

Isn't this the same case that was brought up with the Thor vs Hulk issue where while Hulk may be physically stronger, Thor is more powerful due to his possession of other abilities that go beyond physical brute strength? If that's the same case here with him and Kurse, couldn't Thor just defeat Kurse if he used all of his other powers and not rely on a hand to hand fist fight? Sorry, I'm still not as familiar with Kurse's character.

8. BigThor

BigThor God of Thunder

I wouldn't be as easy, but theoritically yes Thor should be able to overcome the strength difference with his powers.

9. jaqua99

jaqua99 ....I need a horse!

Obviously you don't read comics...

FINALLY SOMEONE WHO THINKS THIS ALSO

As do I

Well, Thor may not know about Kurse. Since he will be created in this movie. For a warrior's honor thing, he will probably try to brawl with him first, just because.

I think he was asking, if Thor can take him with his powers, why would be brawl in the first place?

10. BigThor

BigThor God of Thunder

As we all know Thor always brawls first and resorts to his more extreme powers when he realizes brawling doesn't work.

11. jaqua99

Yup, but apparently he didn't know that :D

12. Bren

Bren Forevernoob

Because even though he's learnt humility, compassion and selflessness, he's still an arrogant god of Thunder who loves to fight!!! :woot:

13. BigThor

BigThor God of Thunder

I see

14. herolee10

Which leads me to ask, given that it seems to be the case where Thor's other powers are more than sufficient in dealing with Kurse's immense strength, why has Thor gotten the crap beaten out of him from this guy in the comics (from what I've heard) if he could have just resorted to unleashing god blasts and thunder strikes?

15. Smashlilman

Smashlilman Ouch!!!!

That's kind of like asking why didn't the US use nukes against Afghanistan instead of sending in ground forces. Would have made taking out Bin Laden a lot easier.

16. metaphysician

metaphysician Not a Side-Kick

Actually, the problem is that the premise is false: Thor's powers *haven't* been adequate for dealing with Kurse. Traditionally, Thor "deals" with Kurse by the means of "fight him for a while, get the crap kicked out of him, then plot device happens." The only esoteric power Thor has that could really help versus Kurse is dumping him in another dimension, which runs into the problem of "creating a dimensional rift takes time and concentration, meanwhile, Kurse stomps Thor's face into the ground."

17. pr0xyt0xin

pr0xyt0xin Shaper Savant

takes up less pages.

if Bush had had it his way...

18. herolee10

So Thor unleashing his full powers would have put innocent people in harms way and would have given too much collateral damage to others as well?

19. BigThor

BigThor God of Thunder

I'm pretty sure a Godblast would put Kurse in a coma, it made Galactus flee and it's powerful enough to damage Celestials. He also used to anti-force blast to K.O. Mangog who is leagues above Kurse, he just never used either of those attacks on Kurse himself.

Besides this is the MCU not the comics, I'm pretty sure MCU Kurse is gonna be alot less powerful and more "beatable".

20. jaqua99

Ya. Cause he isn't exactly a big well known villain. And for mangog.... Are. You referring to when he shoved mjolnir down his throat???

And on a side note... Would you put current mangog that Farr above Kurse?

Mangog in the silver age was a whole different mOnster than he is now. I think he is much weaker now

21. BigThor

BigThor God of Thunder

Yeah I'm referring to that and I'd still put Mangog far above Kurse since Kurse himself is MUCH weaker than he used to be.

22. Fives

Fives Well-Known Member

I can't wait to see what Kurse will look like in the film. I mean his look in the comics is kind of goofy to me at least. They should find a way to put that giant skull on his armor somehow. Can't wait to see what he'll look like in the movie though.

23. marcvader

marcvader Lurker #1

As long as he has a helm that somewhat resembles the character and a have some kind of skull on his cuirass or armor I'm cool.

24. Fives

Fives Well-Known Member

Yeah, I agree. Make sure he has a helmet that resembles his comic form, and make sure that big skull is somewhere on his armor.

In the comic though, is that his actual head or is that a helmet he's wearing?

25. marcvader

marcvader Lurker #1