Kurse!

It will be interesting to see how strong they portray Kurse, in the comics he is initially stronger than Hulk, who in the MCU, strength-wise has the edge over Thor.

So seeing Thor struggle with Kurse could be interesting.

It will be interesting to see how strong they portray Kurse, in the comics he is initially stronger than Hulk, who in the MCU, strength-wise has the edge over Thor.

Exactly. Though I would say Kurse is significantly stronger than Hulk for a while. I would say he's got hulk be a decent margin.

Which is why I am hoping Kurse is really physically stong

Hulk has a strength edge over Thor in the comics as well, it's not anything like it's only in the MCU.

Kurse is ALOT stronger than your average incarnation of Hulk, because Hulk and Thor are comparable while Thor is nowhere near Kurse.

Yeah, pretty much. But you know what, I have hope for the future. They'll wise up hopefully starting with Phase 2 when they see how much people actually like Thor.

Yeah I thought Thor outgrossing both Hulk films would change that but it didn't, so I don't think it's every going to change.

Last edited:
The ole 'first the villain wins then the hero wises up and beats him down in the end' is kinda predictable.

I'd like to see it go down where Kurse defeats Thor early on then a super threat shows up and Kurse thinks he can beat it but gets his @$$ kicked. Then the people are without hope, but ofcourse Thor goes into the hopeless battle and does a good job.

At that point Malekith interfers and Thor is in trouble, BUT Kurse arrives, after regaining his courage, and teams up with Thor to beat the dragon!

Kurse then disappears to lay low for any MCU sequels and Thor gets a parade in his honor. While the Asgardians are partyin the busty, thong wearin Enchantress and her little buddy the Executioner bust Loki and Malekith outta the pin.;)

Last edited:
eh, I highly doubt ANOTHER villain will appear and beat down kurse.

Exactly. Though I would say Kurse is significantly stronger than Hulk for a while. I would say he's got hulk be a decent margin.

Which is why I am hoping Kurse is really physically stong

Hulk has a strength edge over Thor in the comics as well, it's not anything like it's only in the MCU.

Kurse is ALOT stronger than your average incarnation of Hulk, because Hulk and Thor are comparable while Thor is nowhere near Kurse.

Well the difference between Thor and Hulk is Hulk has the ability to grow stronger over the course of a fight were as Thor doesnt. Its probably what IMO will always give Hulk the edge.

BUT, back to Kurse, they portrayed Hulk as pretty damn strong in TA, so I hope they have Kurse doing some crazy strength feats to mark him out as a big threat.

Well the difference between Thor and Hulk is Hulk has the ability to grow stronger over the course of a fight were as Thor doesnt. Its probably what IMO will always give Hulk the edge.

BUT, back to Kurse, they portrayed Hulk as pretty damn strong in TA, so I hope they have Kurse doing some crazy strength feats to mark him out as a big threat.

Idk.... Strength can only get you so far against someone as versitle as Thor. I've always said it, going all out, all powers, any Thor beats any hulk 8/10 times. And. For mcu Kurse, I just assume that his strength/feats will be the best in the mcu. Cause in terms of strength, he is out of generally almost any hulks league

I've never read any comics with Kurse, so not sure of his personality (or if he even has one).

How would he behave during a fight against Thor? Like when he's winning?
Is he silent and to-the-business - a manner I've always found most intimidating in real life.
Will he be boastful and talkative, carrying on about his superiority etc?
Does he shout and roar in battle?

I would really like a scene where Thor hits him properly and makes a move to gain some room (thinking the hit gained him some time) but Kurse immediately grabs his cape and pulls him back straight into a fist, or better, a headbutt (that actually hurts :D). Show Kurse to be almost dismissive of Thor's physical strength.

Unless this goes against character in which case ignore ignore ignore!!!

I've never read any comics with Kurse, so not sure of his personality (or if he even has one).

Is he silent and to-the-business - a manner I've always found most intimidating in real life.

I would really like a scene where Thor hits him properly and makes a move to gain some room (thinking the hit gained him some time) but Kurse immediately grabs his cape and pulls him back straight into a fist, or better, a headbutt (that actually hurts :D). Show Kurse to be almost dismissive of Thor's physical strength.

no no, this good :up:

Good point :cool:

I want Kurse to have some crazy strength feats as well, hopefully some matching or even supassing Hulk in TA.

I agree with Jaqua, that's some very good stuff Bren. :up:

Last edited:
Yeah I thought Thor outgrossing both Hulk films would change that but it didn't, so I don't think it's every going to change.

Aw, don't say that! We have to hold out hope for a brighter future. A future where Thor gets his due.

I agree with Jaqua, that's some very good stuff Bren. :up:

But how is Kurse in the comics?

But how is Kurse in the comics?

He's mostly silent but he HATES Thor, so he'll make some "I'll Kill You" type threats from time to time.

Aw, don't say that! We have to hold out hope for a brighter future. A future where Thor gets his due.

It's too late now, too much damage has been done.

Correction, he hated Thor until after he remembered that it was Malekith who betrayed him and dumped him down into the center of the Earth. Then, he HATES Malekith. ;)

I was on http://moviepilot.com/movies/206462-thor-the-dark-world and http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0015382/ both say that Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje is playing Kurse. I believe that's the guy that played Simon Adebisi on HBO's Oz. Any one know if this is true?

adewale-akinnuoye-agbaje-03.jpg

Last edited:
LMAO I just saw it on Wiki and was like huh?! I was lost on that news as well interesting choice.
Yes I felt pretty lost when I heard that too...

Seriously though, while I know little about Thor and his villains, (other than what I've seen in AEMH and read on this forum), I am still really excited for this movie and Kurse looks like he's going to be awesome.

you know something...

2006371-90120_141675_kurse_large.jpg

I don't care if this is over the top, I think Kurse looks badass, and I think an accurate as possible live action version of this appearance would look awesome.

IMO this isn't over the top, he looks great, THIS in my eyes would look awesome on screen

The only thing I don't like is the baggy sleeves, I say make his sleeves metallic and I'd be a happy camper.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"