Kurt Russell is Santa Claus in Netflix’s The Christmas Chronicles

Hunter Rider

Ronin
Staff member
Reaction score
Kurt Russell is Santa Claus in Netflix's The Christmas Chronicles Teaser

The Christmas Chronicles, a holiday adventure from producer Chris Columbus (Home Alone, Harry Potter) and director Clay Kaytis (The Angry Birds Movie), tells the story of sister and brother, Kate (Darby Camp) and Teddy Pierce (Judah Lewis), whose Christmas Eve plan to catch Santa Claus (Kurt Russell) on camera turns into an unexpected journey that most kids could only dream about. After staking out Santa’s arrival, they sneak into his sleigh, cause it to crash and nearly derail Christmas. As their wild night unfolds, Kate and Teddy work together with Santa – as you’ve never seen him before – and his loyal Elves to save Christmas before it’s too late.

Wow, sounds like every Christmas movie ever made. Boring, unoriginal and completely beneath Kurt Russell.

Ugh. Kurt Russell was kinda funny in that trailer but yeah, sounds like every bad Christmas movie ever. And those CGI elves at the end are going to give kids nightmares.

Personally I think it looks a lot of fun, Kurt seems to be having a blast as Santa, there's a couple of cool looking set pieces and the production design is nice, I don't need innovation from a Christmas movie personally, just an easy going fun time, I'll be checking this out. :D

I think he's just finding roles at this point that lets him keep the beard. Don't get me wrong, it's a magnificent beard.

Okay, I'll be over there, watching Santa Claus the Movie & Arthur's Christmas, if you need me.

I'd much rather this be a movie where Kurt Russell plays Santa as straight-up Jack Burton and he hunts down Krampus.

I'd much rather this be a movie where Kurt Russell plays Santa as straight-up Jack Burton and he hunts down Krampus.

That’s what kind of movie I imagined we were getting when I found out about this earlier today. Bummer!

It will make a good Nostalgia Critic video someday.

Doesn't look that bad to me.

It's been a while since a non Hallmark/LMN Christmas romcom has been made. Who's even the last movie actor to play Santa?

I've wanted Arnie to take a role like this very seriously... he would look great as old saint nick, that has one kid he has a soft spot for that ends up in juvie, so one xmas he lands on the roof to leave him a gift, when he notices something is going down - Krampus has taken over the facility to abduct kids for his evil elf army...

However, this.... it sounded great until i saw the trailer and tone.

All this made me want was a Sam Raimi directed Santa V Krampus film. Heck give me Bruce Campbell as Santa with a candy cane boom stick.

Yeah this looks bad and its sad, because I can see how Kurt Russell as Santa Claus could have worked, but the rest of this looks so lame.

If they played this straight... had Kurt tap into a more traditional, old school wood cutter, ex viking style santa... but yeah, this just look cheap.

I loved the Dudley Moore yarn, Santa Claus the movie - that sub plot, of Santa and Jo on the rooftop and rich kid feeding him was pretty good...

I still say Arnie playing a loveable, european style Father Christmas that lands on a roof top of an orphanage/juve centre being ransacked by the Krampus would make an excellent movie. Think Die Hard merged with Santa Claus the movie with a sprinkle of predator.

Jeez, half of you people need a little more joy in your lives.

It's a friggin' kids' Christmas movie, you can accept a little cheese here. It is what it is. These criticisms would be like complaining about Hugh ****ing Grant showing up in some dorky British rom-com or whatever.

"Lame" is sort of the intention. It's just lame in a good way.

Kurt Russell as Santa Claus, damn I feel old for real now. I still remember how cool us snotty teens felt after watching Escape From New York at the cinema back then.

Kurt Russell as Santa Claus, damn I feel old for real now. I still remember how cool us snotty teens felt after watching Escape From New York at the cinema back then.

Yeah, but a Santa that declares that staying up next an elf until one of them manifests itself as a shape shifting reindeer when the sun comes up has to be the coolest Santa ever right ?

All right, you do have a point there.

Imagine how those of us who saw The Computer Wore Tennis Shoes in the theater feel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"