Kurt Sutter Sets Western Drama ‘The Abandons’ at Netflix

Kaleb

2010 & 2018 SHHFFL Champion
Reaction score
Kurt Sutter Sets Western Drama ‘The Abandons’ at Netflix – The Hollywood Reporter

Three years after being fired by FX for being a self-described “abrasive dick,” Sutter has landed a straight-to-series order for The Abandons, a Western drama that has been set up at Netflix.

The series is set in 1850s Oregon and follows a group of diverse outlier families in their pursuit of Manifest Destiny. The series explores the corrupt force of wealth and power that covets their land and attempts to force them out. Here’s how the streamer describes the series: “These abandoned souls, the kind of lost souls living on the fringe of society, unite their tribes to form a family and fight back. In this bloody process, ‘justice’ is stretched beyond the boundaries of the law. The Abandons will explore that fine line between survival and law, the consequences of violence, and the corrosive power of secrets, as this family fights to keep their land.”

With leads like these, I hope Sutter is really cooking with this one. I lost interest in The Bastard Executioner after a couple episodes, but SOA was rock solid.

With leads like these, I hope Sutter is really cooking with this one. I lost interest in The Bastard Executioner after a couple episodes, but SOA was rock solid.
I've had the exact same experience, lol. Bastard Executioner was awful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"