L.A. hospital under fire after death in ER lobby

comicgirl

Goddess in Residence
Reaction score
911 tapes spark uproar over ‘callous’ treatment of patient

LOS ANGELES - An inner-city hospital is struggling to survive amid a new report of breakdowns in patient care, the replacement of its chief medical officer and an ultimatum to correct long-running problems or close.

Newly released tapes of 911 calls reveal that a woman who lay bleeding on the floor of the emergency room died last month after dispatchers refused to contact paramedics or an ambulance to take her to another facility.

070615_death_hmed_1p.hmedium.jpg

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19251478?GT1=10056

wtf?

I'm surprised there isn't more outrage over this. If the woman was black, Al Sharpton and the gang would be out in full force.

Aren't there always problems happening at a hospital in the inner city?

I'm surprised there isn't more outrage over this. If the woman was black, Al Sharpton and the gang would be out in full force.
she was hispanic......where are those activists? Anyhow, she was somebody's, mom, sister, wife, best friend......this could happen anywhere, my middle class friends

she was hispanic......where are those activists? Anyhow, she was somebody's, mom, sister, wife, best friend......this could happen anywhere, my middle class friends

Ten bucks says that this will turn into a race thing, this **** always does.

Not In Beverly Hills.

Man, she was fat. I woulda ignored her too.

Not because of her race, but 'cause she's fat.:o

No, but that they are hispanic and given the large hispanic population in LA, I am very suprised we haven't seen any protests or anything.

Yeah we don't have an Al Sharpton to turn it into a racial issue; thank God.

yeah, this lady called up 911 and the guy was like "This isn't an emergency, she's at a hospital, it's not an emergency" and the lady was all "This woman's gonna fall out and die and it's NOT an emergency?"

What the hell were the staff doing? If she was just sitting there moaning and *****ing that would have been one thing, but she was on the floor vomiting blood. That is probably something someone should go check out

I have never understood. Nor will I ever understand how a person can just watch another person suffer, & not do anything.

there were two calls from the woman's boyfriend, and then the random stranger, who wanted an ambulance to pick her up and take her to a hospital where someone would look at her, since this one was ignoring her, and they wouldn't because they figured she's at a hospital already, if she is really sick someone will eventually take care of her

Didn't the lady who called the second guy tell him "I hope God strikes you down."?

I heard about this Wednesday night. It's sick and disgusting.

Anything besides blow her off. Make a call to the damn hospital. Send an officer over to check it out b/c if they were ignoring her completely then it's criminal malpractice. Anything besides get rude with a genuinely concerned person and ignore the situation.

Honestly, yeah being rude was wrong. It was just a civillian dispatcher so there is no reason to sue the department.

Anyway, the police have a lot to do and can't really babysit a hospital. That's the hospital's fault.

She's the one who killed herself from eating too much unhealthy food.

Sad but true.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"