World LA Times is reporting that WB will announce World's Finest movie for 2015 - Part 1

You mean the examples of how, since Batman is the smarter one (which he is, I agree with that.lol) means that him being portrayed as the righteous better hero justifies on how Superman is never portrayed as being either better or equal as him?

The fact that Snyder used a quote from "The Dark Knight Returns" makes it even more worse since Superman was castrated in that book.

No, I meant the examples where they are portrayed as equals. It's not a case of one being better than the other, it's a case that Batman doesn't trust Superman fully as he would be the ultimate weapon if he went rogue, so he plans for any potential problem, Superman on the other hand cuts Batman slack over his methods although he disapproves. I don't see anything suggesting one is better than the other, they both have their POV and it's up to the readers to choose.

They used it because it's famous, nothing more IMO.

No, I meant the examples where they are portrayed as equals. It's not a case of one being better than the other, it's a case that Batman doesn't trust Superman fully as he would be the ultimate weapon if he went rogue, so he plans for any potential problem, Superman on the other hand cuts Batman slack over his methods although he disapproves. I don't see anything suggesting one is better than the other, they both have their POV and it's up to the readers to choose.

They used it because it's famous, nothing more IMO.

IF we were to get that, then I'd personally be up for it, though still somewhat bummed about the lack of a solo film.lol

honestly, I hope they clarify soon on what this film is being considered as because the way Snyder mentioned it, it gives the impression that it's still a direct Sequel to "MOS", but with Batman just being involved this time around.

This would be my best case scenario involving this film:

1. Batman and Superman are portrayed as equals.

2. Batman is more of a supporting Guest/Major character as opposed to being a second protagonist.

3. No love triangle between Clark/Lois/Bruce.

4. Great story and character dynamics.

since we know pretty much absolutely nothing about the next film, other than Batman will be in it, I will just leave you all with these words from the wise, venerable sage Rapunzel:

I loved Timm's cartoon of World's Finest so much. :confused:

I don't.

Superman was outsmarted by the Joker, needed to be saved by Batman a few times I think, Bruce was made into the love of Lois's life, etc.

MOS 2 could make a billion. Either way, this feels like we've been cheated.

And in regards to dynamics, I'm no fan of how Batman is portrayed as the better hero. I prefer that they be portrayed as equals and not rivals..and I certainly don't want them to be stuck in a love triangle together with Lois.

Not to mention, I still don't see why Superman couldn't be given at least ONE solo sequel first before going down this route.

Pretty much absolutely this.

untitled-371xxs.gif

I don't.

Superman was outsmarted by the Joker, needed to be saved by Batman a few times I think, Bruce was made into the love of Lois's life, etc.

And Batman got into trouble and needed to be saved by Superman a few times as well.

I don't.

Sounds good to me. Lana is bound to be hotter than Amy Adams anyway. Batman can have Lois.

I don't.

I'm a massive Superman fan and that's never bothered me but okay, to each their own. :oldrazz:
I, for one would love if this new movie followed the tone of that animated film. Serious, but fun and entertaining.

The reason writers have to come up with stories where Batman miraculously saves the day is because if they don't then his character is useless. He's not really needed when Superman is around. So there has to be some tortoise and the hare twist to make him relevant. It's an age old story.

And Batman got into trouble and needed to be saved by Superman a few times as well.

lol; true.

I guess what makes it even more irritating for me is that Batman was Lois's main love interest in that entire arc.

Oh, how I pray that this will not be the case for this film. Above all else, since I'm a strong advocate of the Lois and Clark/Superman relationship, please don't let me go down the SR route (minus the kid of course) where Lois is shown being happier with another person other than Superman.

Sounds good to me. Lana is bound to be hotter than Amy Adams anyway. Batman can have Lois.

cYN27.gif

IF we were to get that, then I'd personally be up for it, though still somewhat bummed about the lack of a solo film.lol

honestly, I hope they clarify soon on what this film is being considered as because the way Snyder mentioned it, it gives the impression that it's still a direct Sequel to "MOS", but with Batman just being involved this time around.

This would be my best case scenario involving this film:

1. Batman and Superman are portrayed as equals.

2. Batman is more of a supporting Guest/Major character as opposed to being a second protagonist.

3. No love triangle between Clark/Lois/Bruce.

4. Great story and character dynamics.

I think 1 will be a lock and I'm with you on 3 and 4. I actually think this will be more of a team up than just Batman as a supporting chracter because you can't really tease Superman and Batman onscreen together and then not give people the full whammy.

I don't.

That had more to do with Superman underestimating the Joker than anything. And Superman saved Batman a few times in the movie as well.

somehow, I have a feeling Batman will say to Superman: "You owe me a satellite."

to which Superman will reply:

Hello everyone... I come in peace! Just wondering what Superman fans think about Batman sharing screen time in the MOS sequel? I've gotten a few tweets from Superman fans who aren't too happy about it.

I think 1 will be a lock and I'm with you on 3 and 4. I actually think this will be more of a team up than just Batman as a supporting chracter because you can't really tease Superman and Batman onscreen together and then not give people the full whammy.

I think the definite deal breaker in all of this is learning for sure that there won't be a love triangle.

What's interesting is that Goyer said, when talking about a sequel, that Lois and Clark will be in a "real relationship" after MOS.

Yet, I wonder, was he talking about it with Batman/Superman in mind or did things change?

I hope things didn't change since I really hope that Clark and Lois are in that committed relationship that he promised without Batman being an issue.

The last thing that I want is to see a repeat of the X-Men franchise where Batman ends up being Wolverine, Lois is Jean, and Superman is Cyclops since we all know on how that turned up.

Hello everyone... I come in peace! Just wondering what Superman fans think about Batman sharing screen time in the MOS sequel? I've gotten a few tweets from Superman fans who aren't too happy about it.

if it comes at the expense of Superman's screentime, story, and character development, then no, it's not a good decision.

Most love the WF idea. Quite a few think one more single Superman film would be better.

Dude, I'm excited about it! I've always said that they should have a World's Finest movie which ultimately leads to Justice League. I'm extremely excited for what's to come. All I know is that they stay the hell away from Avengers: Age of Ultron. They better plan for at least a couple of months after Avengers is released.

since we know pretty much absolutely nothing about the next film, other than Batman will be in it, I will just leave you all with these words from the wise, venerable sage Rapunzel:

The reception and overly-freaking out right now is a massive cluster****.
I am just excited about the prospect of the two biggest superheros ever sharing a screen together.
I have mixed thoughts on how they're going to pull this off but until i hear more from the filmmakers, I'll just be cautiously optimistic.
I can understand how people who didn't like MOS might not like this news, I've seen some Batman fans nervous at Snyder being the helm of the new incarnation of the character.

I don't.

I'll give you Bruce and Lois. That was kinda wack but what's wrong with Superman being outsmarted by the Joker?

Dude, I'm excited about it! I've always said that they should have a World's Finest movie which ultimately leads to Justice League. I'm extremely excited for what's to come. All I know is that they stay the hell away from Avengers: Age of Ultron. They better plan for at least a couple of months after Avengers is released.

Avengers May, MOS w/ Batman July

I'll give you Bruce and Lois. That was kinda wack but what's wrong with Superman being outsmarted by the Joker?

Especially since Batman got outsmarted by him also and nearly got killed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"