World LA Times is reporting that WB will announce World's Finest movie for 2015 - Part 1

Given he said that in the face of a hundred jla questions it's fair to assume that this film will actually be what he intends. The superman film he put forth which will feature batman.
I'm hoping it's firstly a Superman film, that just so happens to feature Bruce/Batman. That's what it sounds like. I mean Snyder said firstly at con it was MOS 2 and then announced a special someone would be in it and boom, cue Harry coming out, reading a quote from Miller's Returns, and cue the logo and fanboys wizing themselves.

Some people are freaking out..in a bad way,I understand certain concerns But it's reaching ultimate drama queen status,Some have been *****ing since the official news broke out and already are claiming this film will be crap and is the "worst decision ever"when we don't know much about the film or even how big of a role Batman will have yet some are acting like it's confirmed Superman will be misused in such a horrific way.

F**k the past's history on Batman/Superman cross overs,That could easily change here,IF your one who hated MOS that's fine But doesn't mean this one will guarantee to suck either..Well I guess maybe to YOU since your convinced already.

This could still be Superman's show and a solo sequel IF(a good chance of it)Bruce/Batman is just a supporting character in a smaller role,Even IF it's a full-on tag team film there may still be other solo sequels later on,You can't have it you way of a specific order of films

Last edited:
WB could have added a cool 80mill to the domestic figure if they had simply added a bruce wayne stinger to the mos credits.

I think the definite deal breaker in all of this is learning for sure that there won't be a love triangle.

What's interesting is that Goyer said, when talking about a sequel, that Lois and Clark will be in a "real relationship" after MOS.

Yet, I wonder, was he talking about it with Batman/Superman in mind or did things change?

I hope things didn't change since I really hope that Clark and Lois are in that committed relationship that he promised without Batman being an issue.

The last thing that I want is to see a repeat of the X-Men franchise where Batman ends up being Wolverine, Lois is Jean, and Superman is Cyclops since we all know on how that turned up.

Just curious, when'd he say that?

I don't know if MOS2 alone could earn a billion, I don't know if MOS2/Batman can earn a billion, it takes more than 2 superhero icons and some action scenes to cause so many to go see a film that it earns over a billion dollars. It takes a good story and character development. I love MOS but I see it was flawed enough that it wouldn't bring in the audiences that Avengers and TDK did. As with the sequel they have the same writer and director so I don't think the story will get better by much if at all.
It wouldn't of.
MOS2:WF has a bigger shot at earning a billion +. I always said if you put Bat and Sup in a film together, boy oh boy would the box office results be interesting.

Again....

This is a Superman film, but Batman will have a major impact in it.

I'm thinking like Catwoman in TDKR. This will be Batman in Superman's world, not the other way around.

Well ****, this is how you top the epic scope that was MOS.

The world is going to implode in 2015.

Good point, lots of people were simply expecting snyder to toss in more destruction, and with this you can go bigger in a different way. Bring on the robots and kryponite poisoned superman that batman saves and stuff.

WB could have added a cool 80mill to the domestic figure if they had simply added a bruce wayne stinger to the mos credits.

Well in case it hasn't been made painfully obvious yet, none of this was planned.

WB clearly just didn't wanna wait any longer and couldn't risk a standalone MOS sequel given the mixed response to the first one. That's what I take from this anyway.

Some people are freaking out..in a bad way,I understand certain concerns But it's reaching ultimate drama queen status,Some have been *****ing since the official news broke out and already are claiming this film will be crap and is the "worst decision ever"when we don't know much about the film or even how big of a role Batman will have yet some are acting like it's confirmed Superman will be misused in such a horrific way.

F**k the past's history on Batman/Superman cross overs,That could easily change here,IF your one who hated MOS that's fine But doesn't mean this one will guarantee to suck either..Well I guess maybe to YOU since your convinced already.

This could still be Superman's show and a solo sequel IF(a good chance of it)Bruce/Batman is just a supporting character in a smaller role,Even IF it's a full-on tag team film there may still be other solo sequels later on,You can't have it you way of a specific order of films

Actually, I really enjoyed MOS, hence being the reason why I wanted to see MOS 2 so much, especially done right. And yeah, I'll admit that my first reaction to this was over-the-top; I'm definitely cooling down about it now, but it still troubles me a bit since I'm just jaded by past interpretations of this duo.

I think needing more new info is a understatement at this point.

Hell, it would be so ideal if this were treated more as a true MOS 2 sequel than a spin-off, ala WF

Just curious, when'd he say that?

Not long after MOS was released, maybe a few weeks afterwards on empire I think.

Again....

This is a Superman film, but Batman will have a major impact in it.

I'm thinking like Catwoman in TDKR. This will be Batman in Superman's world, not the other way around.

So I guess we can expect to see Superman and Batman retired and in Florence together at the end of the film.lol

how%2Bthe%2Bdark%2Bknight%2Brises%2Bshould%2Bhave%2Bended.jpg

Spending the rest of my days in peace sleeping with Anne Hathaway on a regular basis. Sounds good to me. Lex could work as a villain for both Clark and Bruce.

I'm so happy finally a live action film of the best Superheroes in the world teaming up, Avengers 2 is going to be challenged for sure now.

Jensen Ackles! Only way to get me interested in Batman :D

How about Chris Pine for Batman!:awesome:

Tbh I think he'd be better off as Barry Allen.

The one thing I can't wait to see is how the folks over at "How it should have ended" Cafe reacts to this with their batman and Superman skits.lol

Chris Pine would work for Wally West. How about Chris Pratt, he's a chameleon when it comes to altering his physical appearance.

Tbh I think he'd be better off as Barry Allen.

The one thing I can't wait to see is how the folks over at "How it should have ended" Cafe reacts to this with their batman and Superman skits.lol

He's also a good choice for Hal Jordan. I think he could nail Bruce Wayne, but I'm not sure about Batman.

Chris Pine would work for Wally West. How about Chris Pratt, he's a chameleon when it comes to altering his physical appearance.

He's already playing Star Lord though for Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy.

i'd love to see stuff like this play out on the big screen:
[YT]F90nxOlsm1s[/YT]

Actually, I really enjoyed MOS, hence being the reason why I wanted to see MOS 2 so much, especially done right. And yeah, I'll admit that my first reaction to this was over-the-top; I'm definitely cooling down about it now, but it still troubles me a bit since I'm just jaded by past interpretations of this duo.

I think needing more new info is a understatement at this point.

Hell, it would be so ideal if this were treated more as a true MOS 2 sequel than a spin-off, ala WF

Not long after MOS was released, maybe a few weeks afterwards on empire I think.

Sorry I quoted you,I meant people in general But I guess I quoted you since your the one who's been the most out spoken and indeed you seem much more cool down now.

This film could go in so many bad OR good ways and so yeah just think we should wait for at least the first trailer and scoop of spoilers

I do wish though on what they're labeling this film as. I mean is it a spin-off? A Direct Sequel but with the gimmick of having Batman in it as a supporting character like how Winter Soldier seems to be filled with some heroes in it, etc?

Plus, where would this leave Clark's development in tackling third world issues or becoming established to the people of the world, being a journalist, etc?

A World's Finest film seems to work better when Superman is already established. Now some could say that Superman might be established by the time the film opens up, then I'd counter with that by saying that we just lost some strong material that should have been tackled and presented in a sequel for superman.

Because there is NOTHING about this new Batman that is even KNOWN yet. What are they going to pull from? We will probably barely even see a Batman-type casting. If anything, the MOS crew returns. The story. Cavill. Adams. Fishbourne. Lane. This will be Superman's world. You can't build this around Batman when the universe is already established around Supes.

I hope it's true. I was really ecstatic about the news at first, and after reading this thread and your concerns I'm starting to panick lol, I want this to be a Man of Steel sequel with the introduction of Batman.

But yeah, your comment makes sense, the universe has already been established around Superman.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"