LA Times is reporting that WB will announce World's Finest movie for 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need to know more, the prospect is so exciting... but man, this is gonna be hard to pull off.

Article said Nolan may produce the movie. I expect Christian Bale to return as Batman, WB will pay him a fortune to return.

"I have so many questions." Hmm. I would have preferred MOS 2 then go to WF. I still want more focus just on Superman. And I guess this will introduce a new Batman? And who will the villains be? Lex I am sure will be one but what about on the Batman side?

I will lol hardcore if this turns out to be the sequel to MOS. Paul Dini would love dat Batman thunder-stealing moment.

I will lol hardcore if this turns out to be the sequel to MOS. Paul Dini would love dat Batman thunder-stealing moment.

It would have to be a sequel to MOS if it is being released in 2015. They are not releasing MOS 2 in 2014 then WF in 2015.

Article said Nolan may produce the movie. I expect Christian Bale to return as Batman, WB will pay him a fortune to return.

If he goes back to his BB type performance let him return, but I'd still rather get a new Batman. And I'd like to see Snyder go back to his Watchmen style directing (minus the excessive slow-motion) rather than MOS, which left a lot to be desired in terms of framing and composition in comparison to Zacks previous work.

But at this point, I just hope they announce SOMETHING that has Superman in it and comes out in 2015. And even though I promised myself not to, I'll probably follow the whole damn production again, day by day. It's like a drug, can't look away. :oldrazz:

It would have to be a sequel to MOS if it is being released in 2015. They are not releasing MOS 2 in 2014 then WF in 2015.

Not necessarily, they could easily do WF in 2015, and make a sequel to MOS2 in 2016. Though, I vaguely remember Snyder saying it's logical to do MOS2 first, and then, WF.

At least WF will satisfy WB execs in terms of $$, until Justice League comes out.

I really hope future superman stand alone films won't be out on the back burner. I want my damn superman trilogy.

Me too man, me too. If MOS did one thing very well it was leaving the seeds for a sequel. It's so perfectly set up that it should be a gift for anyone writing it. And so much potential for the sequel to reach greatness MOS fell short off. But alas, money talks and WB just can't resist brining the Bat back asap. Assuming all of this is true of course.

Not necessarily, they could easily do WF in 2015, and make a sequel to MOS2 in 2016. Though, I vaguely remember Snyder saying it's logical to do MOS2 first, and then, WF.

At least WF will satisfy WB execs in terms of $$, until Justice League comes out.

I meant WF would have to be a sequel in a sense that it would have to address events from MOS. You can't make WF and ignore events from MOS only to have them be addressed later on in MOS 2.

I want my Super-Girl film.... assuming they stick with that being her ship.

I need to know more, the prospect is so exciting... but man, this is gonna be hard to pull off.

Which is why I hope they plan on getting someone to co-write the script. Though if they do it will probably be J.Nolan.

I would feel better if they said WF and MOS 2 are shooting back to back.

I just hope WB isn't treating WF as the sequel.

Which is why I hope they plan on getting someone to co-write the script. Though if they do it will probably be J.Nolan.

I remember reading something with Jonah Nolan saying he wouldn't know how to write super powered beings.

This... is very interesting news. But like so many of you, I am divided. I really, REALLY want at least one more stand-alone Superman movie. I'd prefer a trilogy, actually. But either way... I want more of Superman in the spotlight. This has me concerned that WB thinks it can't make a hugely successful movie without Batman and afraid that we'll never get MOS 2.

But let's not get ahead of ourselves. We haven't gotten anything official yet. We'll see what they say at the panel. Perhaps the news is a little off and they're moving forward with MOS 2, which will lead into a Superman/Batman movie.

Still, I'm not going to lie, the prospect of seeing Superman and Batman onscreen is something I've craved for a LONG time. We were teased with it 11 years ago when they were developing that Batman vs. Superman movie. That was actually what made me discover this site. WOW, talk about coming full circle, huh?

Yes MOS 2 in 2015, Batman in December 2015. WF summer 2016.

Come on.

World's Finest is just Superman and Batman right? No one else?
If this is true then i think Christia will have to be coming back, but if he does he might overshadow Superman because he has had 3 movies and Superman only 1. I wish there would be at least another Supes movie before he is paired with Batman.
And I hope there is never a justice league movie EVER!

WB has a panel at 10:45 previewing upcoming lineups.

Pacific. But that panel may just revolve around Godzilla, etc. I don't know.

Superman panel is supposed to be 4:15 Pacific. I think.

I hope that it's a World's Finest in Superman's world so to speak. Let Batman come to Metropolis, let Bruce interact with Lois/Daily Planet/Lexcorp and such instead of the other way around.

Pacific. But that panel may just revolve around Godzilla, etc. I don't know.

Superman panel is supposed to be 4:15 Pacific. I think.

Yea, I am thinking we won't hear anything official until 4:15 Pacific/7:15 Eastern.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"