LA Times is reporting that WB will announce World's Finest movie for 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats B.S. They never bring that up in the movie or in the series ever again. It was one time.

One time was all you needed. It informed the character for the rest of the film. It certainly informed the ending with Lois' death.

As bad as that tornado scene is, Clark explains " My father believed that if the world found out who I really was, they'd reject me out of fear. He was convinced that the world wasn't ready. What do you think?" Its one of the reasons why he moves alot. Anytime he saves he has to leave because he doesnt want be revealed to the world. And when he tells Lois that she doesnt continue with her pursuit of the story. The ripple effect is concrete.

So they spelled it out for the audience because they're too stupid to understand subtlety. That's a good thing how?

Honestly, IF Superman had a better history with batman when it comes to how they've been portrayed together in stories and in media adaptations, I would be up for it, hell if Superman had his own successful trilogy before MOS, I'd be okay with this as well..but the fact is:

1. Superman, unlike Batman, has not had his own successful trilogy as of yet.

2. Why the hell should Superman's character sacrifice his trilogy/time with Batman.

3. IN EVERY...and I mean..EVERY tale that they've been in together, superman was always batman's *****. So yeah, that's something to look forward to seeing as a Superman fan.

This film (as it stands at the moment) will turnout to be "this" for Superman's character afterwards:

death-of-superman-cape.jpg

I was hoping to have two good/great Superman films before being doomed by Batman.

Oh well, I guess I could wait another 10-20 years for another Superman film series that hopefully doesn't have batman in it.lol

Lee... Lee.... Lee... I hate when Supes gets nerfed/jobbed for the sake of pumping up Batman (whom I LOVE as well) too. But let's see where this goes and can the hyperbole a little. I loved MOS and I just can't see them nerfing Henry C.'s version of Supes. Let's all wait and see what gets released in the coming months leading up to teasers and such. :yay:

Well, at least I can look forward towards seeing Marvel's films for 2015.lol

Wow...worst decision ever WB; truly, big F-U to the people at Warner Bros. and DC.

If people think MOS was critically bashed, wait till they see this piece of crap when it's released.

Wow man. I knew you werent too excited but you really took a nose dive. Hey I am still hoping that really do Superman justice in the next film but this is still awesome news.

As much as a love Bats he shouldn't make an appearance in Man Of Steel 2. Like I said before, if anything have Bruce Wayne as cameo just to set up a batman reboot movie as well as the JLA movie, but don't have him suit up at all in a superman solo movie.

Well, at least I can look forward towards seeing Marvel's films for 2015.lol

Wow...worst decision ever WB; truly, big F-U to the people at Warner Bros. and DC.

If people think MOS was critically bashed, wait till they see this piece of crap when it's released.

I dont think itll end up a piece of crap, but it'll be hard to do though. Hopefully it's done right.

Honestly, IF Superman had a better history with batman when it comes to how they've been portrayed together in stories and in media adaptations, I would be up for it, hell if Superman had his own successful trilogy before MOS, I'd be okay with this as well..but the fact is:

1. Superman, unlike Batman, has not had his own successful trilogy as of yet.

2. Why the hell should Superman's character sacrifice his trilogy/time with Batman.

3. IN EVERY...and I mean..EVERY tale that they've been in together, superman was always batman's *****. So yeah, that's something to look forward to seeing as a Superman fan.

Every story? Every story? I hate when they do it, and they have done it too much, but EVERY STORY? The Dead Batman in Red Son wishes it were so.

Lee... Lee.... Lee... I hate when Supes gets nerfed/jobbed for the sake of pumping up Batman (whom I LOVE as well) too. But let's see where this goes and can the hyperbole a little. I loved MOS and I just can't see them nerfing Henry C.'s version of Supes. Let's all wait and see what gets released in the coming months leading up to teasers and such. :yay:

Superman is THEE leader of the Justice League and I can totally see him establish himself that honor in MOS2/WF. Cavill's Superman is a damn serious one and the new Bat will be just as young and brash as Supes so I don't think this is to pump up Batman. I think it's to pump them both up, especially Supes, to establish and lead the JL....

Batman should be presented as almost the shadowy villain of the film, with Superman unsure of his intentions. The end of the second act is where we discover that intention, and then realise they're on the same side and go after the true villain, possibly Lex. I'm just hoping that the inevitable Sups/Bats battle ends in a stalemate, rather than a defeat for either character.

One time was all you needed. It informed the character for the rest of the film. It certainly informed the ending with Lois' death.

So they spelled it out for the audience because they're too stupid to understand subtlety. That's a good thing how?

There was nothing subtle about Pa Kents death through the film. It did nothing but give a reason for Clark to say that line. Lois' death and Superman's reaction could have happend with with Jonathan's.

There was nothing paticularly deep about STM. It was just very magical and fun. And I love the movie to this day.

MOS is a little more depth to its story. Some may say it was a story not very well told. But the depth and complexities are there, from predestined kryptonian births, to Lois investigative abilities, and to the reason why Zod and Superman meet and fight.

I'm with you herolee10. Don't let em tell you different. This is a raw deal for Superman fans.

Every story? Every story? I hate when they do it, and they have done it too much, but EVERY STORY? The Dead Batman in Red Son wishes it were so.

Well, maybe not every story,lol, but I can't think of that many that didn't portray Superman being equal or better than Batman.

How many times has Batman been portrayed as the one that can't go corrupt while Superman is shown becoming into a dictator?

How many times has Batman saved the day with his will while Superman lost since he only used brawn?

As much as a love Bats he shouldn't make an appearance in Man Of Steel 2. Like I said before, if anything have Bruce Wayne as cameo just to set up a batman reboot movie as well as the JLA movie, but don't have him suit up at all in a superman solo movie.

Just my opinion because who knows, but I have a feeling this will feature more of the Clark Kent/Bruce Wayne relationship and what Wayne would mean to Metropolis in a rebuilding phase. I don't think we'll see the confrontation and/or teammup until the very last moments of the film. It may be extended, but I don't think the Supes/Bats dynamic will be featured too heavily rather than Clark/Bruce....

I'm with you herolee10. Don't let em tell you different. This is a raw deal for Superman fans.

Agreed; really it's the Batman fans that will be happy because after getting a great trilogy from Nolan, they'll now get to see Batman kick Superman's ass on live action format.

Yeah, as a superman fan, I should be VERY EXCITED to see this film.:whatever:

Once The Avengers became a box office juggernaut it was only a matter of time before we got a Batman/Superman movie and a Justice League movie from WB/DC.

Superman is THEE leader of the Justice League and I can totally see him establish himself that honor in MOS2/WF. Cavill's Superman is a damn serious one and the new Bat will be just as young and brash as Supes so I don't think this is to pump up Batman. I think it's to pump them both up, especially Supes, to establish and lead the JL....

Yes. As long as execution is right and the audience gets the sense of mutual respect between the characters by the films end (Something Timm/Dini NEVER accomplished) then it'll be better than most other team ups of the characters across media recently.

Agreed; really it's the Batman fans that will be happy because after getting a great trilogy from Nolan, they'll now get to see Batman kick Superman's ass on live action format.

Sigh. I cant say you are wrong to feel this way. I feel this way as well. But a part of me is very excited.

Well, maybe not every story,lol, but I can't think of that many that didn't portray Superman being equal or better than Batman.

How many times has Batman been portrayed as the one that can't go corrupt while Superman is shown becoming into a dictator?

Of course. Superman becoming evil is far more intresting than Batman as it's an uphill battle for the heores. If Batman goes bad, well, then Superman and the JL will easily take him down.

How many times has Batman saved the day with his will while Superman lost since he only used brawn?

About the same really.

Of course. Superman becoming evil is far more intresting than Batman as it's an uphill battle for the heores. If Batman goes bad, well, then Superman and the JL will easily take him down.

Really since I've seen some stories where Batman was so smart that he could figure out on how to take out all of the JL members if he wanted to. Heck, if you watch Justice League: Doom, you'll see what i mean.

Comic book fans jumping the gun and pre-judging a project that they know nothing about except an insignia. This is feeling VERY familiar, and also annoying.

And the Batman from Lex Luthor: Man of Steel. Who pretty much got owned. Or Batman in For Tomorrow.

I'm surprised at how over the top you are being given that you are usually level headed.

How about fans of BOTH characters like myself who've been looking forward to the team up movie for years? It's a fantastic dynamic to explore given their different slants on justice, you are simply being ultra negative because you wanted a Superman solo sequel.

Comic book fans jumping the gun and pre-judging a project that they know nothing about except an insignia. This is feeling VERY familiar, and also annoying.

Damn right it's annoying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back