LAME: the new iron-man cartoons are about a teen iron-man!

Discussion in 'Iron Man World' started by strugler, Mar 18, 2008.

1. Sun_Down

Sun_Down Groovy

Who the hell really cares? Honestly, we're mostly adults here. The Iron Man movie is for us and the cartoon is for the kids.

2. bullets

bullets bang bang

3. bullets

bullets bang bang

If I was a kid I would still feel screwed.

4. 3dman27

3dman27 super-hero wannabe

LOL this make a good t-shirt

5. Lunar_Wolf

Lunar_Wolf WTF face

Remember when we were kids we got a kick ass Iron man cartoon hahahaha:woot:

6. Lunar_Wolf

Lunar_Wolf WTF face

7. strugler

strugler Hadoken

BWAAAHAHAHAHAHA priceless!
    Where the hell is that from?
    Back to topic, i was an early hater when it came to the new spectacular spidey cartoons, as i dislkied the designs,a nd by the way still prefer the 90's tas design over the new ones, but i have to admit though, the show is capturing the spidey spirit more than any previous spidey cartoon, the animation is good and the writing is excellent, not dumbed down at all. i do think that this can have batman tas effect on spidey fans.

Going back to the "teenage nerd iron man" marvel has a history of overthinking matters and screwing them up. and for some reason im thinking its Avi Arad's problem. The guy needs to move on, he might have been the main reason for us to see the 90's cartoons but we have to admit the guys is not doing great in the new millenium. I dont understand what is the reason for ironman to be a teenager, is defeats the whole idea anf nature of the charactrs, its like you ninja turtles and not make them turtles and put them in high school so kids can relate to them after all how can you relate to a turtle right?

I loved the 90's x-men and hated x-men evolution just because they put the characters in highschool and we all know x-men comics did not start with the characters in highschool and i saw that as a disrespect to the x-men fans and franchise so i ended up not watching them. I did lately tried to watch them on dvd but hated them from the guts.

90's Spidey was awesome, but im loving the spectacular spiderman just because it is so true to the comics.

All in all, the way i see it: Stay true to the comics and you will get crazy ratings, revent the character and your series is doomed (unlimited spiderman, the avengers series, new fantastic four, mtv spidey etc etc etc)

8. Lunar_Wolf

Lunar_Wolf WTF face

I got the image from google, I just type in LAME: the new iron-man cartoons are about a teen iron-man!:oldrazz::cwink:

I agree, stay faithful and you will get the ratings, I don't mind little changes here and there(like brock being friends with peter) but making Iron Man a teenager??? Will he have parents? How does a teenager build a suit? Where does he get the money?

9. 3dman27

3dman27 super-hero wannabe

its from a short story written during a stunt called assitant editors month it was a story regarding an AVENGERS fan club of kids who'd expelled the member playing iron man because shellhead had been removed from the avengers after falling off the wagonthe scene with the soda bottle was a parody of shellheads situation in the regular storyline

10. Casius--J

Casius--J Web Master

Yeah this definately sounds lame. I´m interested to see why he becomes iron man, the old stories of his heart faillures is what got my interested in Iron Man in the first place. Plus being an adult made him so much cooler.

11. terry78

terry78 I'm gonna need more rope

Well, technically, X-Men did start in school, they just didn't go to a public school. But they were kids.

12. Rocker22

Rocker22 Well-Known Member

I don't care how old he is as long as the show is good.

13. X Knight

X Knight Hope

so...does this mean that we are going to get an alchoholic, womanizing, playboy teenage Stark????

14. Lunar_Wolf

Lunar_Wolf WTF face

Nope, just a soda pop drinking, goofy Strak:oldrazz:

15. Obi-Ron

Obi-Ron Deal with it

You guys should have lived through the '70s, when we got a teen-age Ben Grimm on "Fred & Barney meet the Thing." (They never actually met, they were separate segments of the same show)

"Thing ring, do your thing!"

16. X Knight

X Knight Hope

i just bet that tony will have a love interest in the form of a hot, red-headed chick named Pepper. And, his best friend will be James Rhodes......

17. IRON_Lad

IRON_Lad Well-Known Member

He's drinking COK:pal:

18. Radio_Clash

Radio_Clash Well-Known Member

Wasn't Tony's best friend/rival as a teenager Tiberius Stone?

19. Prefix

Prefix Well-Known Member

Unfortunately this decision indicates the show will not be good. It pretty much confirms that the cartoon is being made to appeal to demographics rather than to actually be good.

20. Rocker22

Rocker22 Well-Known Member

Maybe they can pull off both, have they said who the people working on it are yet?

21. Gold Samurai

Gold Samurai Well-Known Member

Jimmy Rhodes and Stark has a curfew. Obadiah stane will be the star football player :)

22. Ahura Mazda

Ahura Mazda Well-Known Member

Why does a teenager build the armour and how does he have heart problems at his age. In addition, where does he get the know how.

This is not a hero that should ever be a teenager.

23. kedrell

kedrell Fork&SpoonOperator

I agree completely, however anyone can have heart problems when there's a hunk of shrapnel in your chest.

24. Gold Samurai

Gold Samurai Well-Known Member

Child obesity? lol

25. terry78

terry78 I'm gonna need more rope

What reason could he possibly have for doing it at his age? Most teenagers that become heroes do it because it's thrust upon them by some freak of nature.