Iron Man World LAME: the new iron-man cartoons are about a teen iron-man!

Yes! it just got confirmed and guess what? is sooo effing lame
from the artcile: "For Nicktoons, the interpretation translates into a teen Iron Man, a superhero closer in age to the network's young viewers."

Really the 90's are the golden age for super hero animation, in 2000's every body is trying to make superheors teenagers, i was really hoping that this cartoon will be a good one and was looking forward to it well not anymore!

source: http://www.usatoday.com/life/television/news/2008-03-17-marvel-nicktoons_N.htm

I know,it's all disappointment. The new Spider-Man cartoon is basically Ultimate Spider-Man and now this? It's very sad.

it makes the animated lionsgate movie look good by comparison dosen't it:im:

I know,it's all disappointment. The new Spider-Man cartoon is basically Ultimate Spider-Man and now this? It's very sad.
How on earth did you get that impression? Have you even read Ultimate Spider-Man, or watched the show? The only similarity to USM is Eddie. And Kong, as if that really affects anything.

Before you know, there'll be a tv show about a teenaged Superman...oh wait.

I wasn't really looking forward to the cartoon before but now I'm definitely now looking forward to it.

For all of the haters of this show I have only on things to say... don't watch it. Besides if you're in USA it'll be on Nicktoons Network and most likely you don't have it and if you do have it and watch Nicktoons Network, there's a chance you might like it.

The new Spider-Man cartoon is nothing like USM, except Eddie's origin. For one, USM is actually well drawn, something SSM is definetly not.

The new Spider-Man cartoon is nothing like USM, except Eddie's origin. For one, USM is actually well drawn, something SSM is definetly not.
Spectacular Spider-Man is well drawn. Sean Galloway's technical skill is great. I'd like to see you be able to use lines as effectively as he does.

Ugh,I'll keep sticking with the 1990's cartoon version of Ironman! Oh and yes,I also think that a cartoon teenage version of Ironman sucks. Not that I was intending on watching this new Ironman cartoon from the start however.

Teen Tony better have a baby goatee at the very least, or I'm not watching :o .

The show has a title now, Iron Man: Armored Adventures, and it will start Spring 2009 on Nicktoons.

Should be called Iron Man: Playschool Adventures.
lmao!! hehe i really don't have a problem with spectacular spiderman because it based on him as a teenager but teen iron man i really don't see how this can be possible it really doesn't fit into character

i might end up watchin the 1steppy to see how it is but if it is a playschool adventure i'm not going to be satified

Is he going to actually be in high school? what does the high school of a billionaire look like? is he gonna deal with bullies and teachers out to get him??? i agree with aboves posts, this idea works with spidey but not iron man, a reboot of the 90's iron man series might work.

Disappointing. With the success of the film, a prime oppurtunity exists to produce a proper Iron Man cartoon, which we've never had. Though Season 2 of the 90's series is the closest we've ever gotten. As much as it is wishful thinking, I really wish Marvel would realize that themselves and scrap this teen Iron Man idea.

Spring '09? I guess they're not so confident if they pushed it back a whole year after the movie came out. The only way this could be good is if they did it like the Ultimate Iron Man comic book which showed how Tony grew up in the Ultimate universe. But even then, he didn't become Iron Man until he was an adult.

Is he going to actually be in high school? what does the high school of a billionaire look like? is he gonna deal with bullies and teachers out to get him??? i agree with aboves posts, this idea works with spidey but not iron man, a reboot of the 90's iron man series might work.

Considering he was in high school at probably 10-13 years old, it would be interesting to see how they did that indeed.

Wow.

Did not see that coming.

After watching the awesome Iron Man movie, I heard something about a new cartoon being made, and I was a little excited: NEW STUFF, YAY.

But I in no way, expected them do a teen Stark...sorta reminds me of Batman Beyond, but then again, I LOVED Batman Beyond, so--and if I remember correctly, never felt that cartoon was kiddie at all. More futuristic dystopia. But then again, that was Bruce Timm & BTAS co. heading, I don't really know who's heading this Iron Man cartoon. And it's on Nicktoons. The only great cartoon on Nicktoons right now--and it is one of the most incredible things ever, on equal footing with the likes of Bruce Timm's aforementioned BTAS and Greg's Gargoyles--is Avatar: the Last Airbender (right there in the title: signs of GENOCIDE--not your average "kid's" show). Actually, I would feel more comfortable if I knew the Avatar team were heading Iron Man (and their Avatar show is ending soon, at least by the end of this year).

The express reason of making Iron Man younger to reach a younger audience? Yeah, LAME. A misguided effort. It works for Spider-Man, because being a teen is part of his character, his history--but, then, you know, he grows up...but you could keep a cartoon or specific comic series--specifically Ultimate Spider-Man--as just teenaged-him, and it would still work, because it's Spider-Man, who debuted as a teen superhero (one of the few who WEREN'T sidekicks to someone else).

But Iron Man...from the movie, they put him forth as a child prodigy/genius, so I do toy at least with a fanfic plotbunny of him developing the armor young--but Iron Man is built through more experience than that, canonically. After another good fic I read, I can see Tony as cocky, if a little lonely and awkward, and that's interesting--but that doesn't make Iron Man. Are we gonna have his heart literally ripped out at a really young age and...that actually kinda disturbs me, I don't know why the thought of a younger age makes it worse. And I will admit, as a Spidey fan, it's kinda interesting to ponder giving his teenage problems and issues and plot points to mini-Stark, apply them to him--but that is, ultimately, Spider-Man, not Iron Man.

I clicked the link, and the image looks weird to me, I'm not sure why. (At least in the art he doesn't look overly teen-ish; maybe slightly skinnier).

Still...I think when it comes around, I'll give the show a shot.

I recall Tony building an Exoskeleton when he was in his 40s not teens. The show is completly inaccurate.

If they did this new IM cartoon like a IM 2099, and with a new "Stark", then I'd have no problem with it. However, to rewrite Tony Stark as a teenage boy-genius who suit up and ignore his comic origin is ridiculous, and won't pull in new fans because people have seen the movie, and they will be confused by this new Stark. I dunno if Marvel is behind this, because this is a very bad idea. I wish Marvel would improve their animation division and make good 'toons like Batman, Superman, Justice League, etc. This new IM is just a huge step backward.

Hi everybody, I wass wondering if any one has seen more of the teen ironman art work, And if any one knows wich enemy's he will face in this new animated serrie.
Because i am very courrious and don't before i know more.

So please help me out. And find more info and pictures of this serrie.

Who knows it might be a good show.

gr nr22

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"