Lance Armstrong stripped of Tour De France titles.

5C72895BE44C41328842265A5685_h231_w308_m5_cRNynzoUK.jpg

Despite his good deeds, he will be remembered as a liar, a cheater, and a thief. Fu** him!

Its also a sad day when A man who over came cancer & won numerous competitive events. Gets treated worse than say I don't know a dog killer like Michael Vick.
Last time I checked, Vick went to prison for two years and lost all his money along the way. Armstrong hasn't spent a day in jail and currently has his fortune.

Not seeing the correlation.

I'm not saying that Armstrong deserves a pass with the cheating. He doesn't. He made a terrible decision, and you have to wonder if he regrets any of it, considering his name is forever tarnished now.

But I don't believe this negates everything that Livestrong stands for.

It doesn't undo or negate what his or any cancer research has done to help people as a concept/cause....but the time to celebrate or credit any association of his with it is now over. What cancer research stands for itself is a good thing. What the name and association of Livestrong or anything Lance Armstrong stands for, however, is untrustworthiness and what not to do, period. We'll keep praising cancer research et al as long as he has nothing to do with it. So if whatever resources or organization still exists of Livestrong wants to continue doing what they feel is good work, they'll have to find another name and association entirely.

Otherwise they're still the Madoff Charity Fund. :O

Cancer patients do. When you're getting chemo, throwing up and having lost 50 lbs with no strength at all, remembering that Lance Armstrong came back from all of this, even if he doped to win, can be inspiring. I have a friend undergoing chemo, he's 31 and needs a cane to walk. Even then, he can't go very far. It's almost impossible to imagine that one day you could be better than ever when you're in such a state.

Did Armstrong aim to be such a role model? Probably not. He likely just wanted to win. But what he accomplished in the wake of cancer shouldn't be thrown under the bus like it was trash, because it still can be inspiring.

He can still be an a-hole though. :oldrazz: Doesn't discount what he did.

I thought you were talking about the cycling training in general. I was in no way trying to diminish the hope he's given to cancer patients/survivors.

5C72895BE44C41328842265A5685_h231_w308_m5_cRNynzoUK.jpg

Despite his good deeds, he will be remembered as a liar, a cheater, and a thief. Fu** him!
It's sad.

Frankly I never cared about the blood doping, but the lawsuits and measures he did to cover it up are pretty damn bad. That, to me, is what made this such an issue. It's just like Roger Clemens and Bonds; part of the problem of their use of PEDs was how much of a jerk they were about it.

I think what's worse is the peoples' lives and careers he ruined and discredited because they merely told the truth.

Dan Wetzel wrote an article about some of the people Armstrong has defamed over the years. If you still have even a smidgen of respect for him you'll lose it after reading that.

His interview on Oprah's Next Chapter is currently on.

TMZ posted a clip with him confessing everything.

Lance Armstrong just confessed ... EVERYTHING.

Lance admitted it all during his Oprah interview -- saying he took banned substances to enhance his cycling performances befiore all 7 of his Tour de France wins ... he blood doped ... he took testosterone ... EPO ... human growth hormone ... everything you can imagine.

Lance had denied the allegations for years -- and when Oprah asked why he came forward now, Lance replied, "I dont know that I have a great answer. I will start now by saying this is too late ... I view this situation as one big lie that I repeated a lot of times ... I am a flawed character."

"I didn't invent the [doping] culture, but I did nothing to stop the culture ... and I am sorry for that."

When asked if he was ever afraid he'd be caught -- Lance replied, "No."

http://www.tmz.com/2013/01/17/lance-armstrong-doping-confession/

I want to know if she asked him about the people he discredited and whose careers he affected as a result of trying to come forward with the truth.

So there it is. I knew the claims were true, but to hear him confirm them is something else. As I expected, he’s sorry he got caught. Saying if he didn’t make his comeback, he’s sure he wouldn’t have been doing the interview. He would’ve been happy to keep the game going. Continue to deny, defame and sue.

The picture he put up on twitter after he was stripped of his tour de france wins laying on his sofa under the yellow jerseys saying "back in austin, just laying around" makes him look like even more of arrogant *****e now lol.

I did kind of laugh at this
Lance Armstrong tells Oprah Winfrey: 'I called Betsy Andreu a crazy b****, but I never called her fat'

Last edited:
Unfortunately Lance is just a symptom of a larger problem and criminal enterprise I suspect. I'm more interested in finding out who the real honchos high up who bribed and organized the whole scheme . In that sense, a guy like Armstrong can be useful in naming names.

Unfortunately Lance is just a symptom of a larger problem and criminal enterprise I suspect. I'm more interested in finding out who the real honchos high up who bribed and organized the whole scheme . In that sense, a guy like Armstrong can be useful in naming names.
I agree. He didnt pull it off alone.

It's a real shame that he lied about this whole thing. There's no way in hell he will ever recover from this publically. He's gone from being someone one admired for his achievements with the Tour wins and overcoming cancer to someone who's a liar and a cheat. He threw his own hard training down the toilet.

I didn't keep up with all of his hubbub before, because I frankly don't care much for professional sports, so the verbal back and forth between him and accusers didn't catch my opinion. But the last couple of days it has been pretty much all the news has talked about, so I have listened to some of it more closely.

For me, he has gone from someone I didn't really care about and didn't give a second thought to....to someone who I don't like, and would actively boycott any product he endorsed.

I guess that whole Oprah thing didn't work out the way he wanted or expected.

As others, have pointed out, the other cyclists he beat were probably on the same performance enhancers he was, and he still won, so I don't necessarily know if that negates his cycling accomplishments.

But what is most unforgivable to me is how viciously he slandered and defamed and discredited anyone who accused him (correctly, as it turns out) of doping.

That was my point. Over the years, I didn't pay attention to all the crap...so it was just some atheletes complaining about another athelete who beat them in a race. It might have been true or jealousy. Now....I see that he was a bastard who bullied and lied about people who were telling the truth about him. Now I know about the lawsuits he brought against people who were telling the truth about him.

Before, I didn't care one way or another about him...now I think he is scum.

After watching the interview then doing some web surfing after, this guy is easily one of the biggest A-hole's in sports. sheesh :whatever:

he confessed? wasnt it said that if he admits it that he then goes to prison?

he confessed? wasnt it said that if he admits it that he then goes to prison?

I believe the point of it is...he waited until the statute of limitations ran out....so he can't be prosecuted for criminal act of lying in court....but he is still open to civil suits because of it. So, it will cost him money, but not jail time.

After seeing the interview he gave ESPN a couple years ago talking about cheating, I could not believe him. He deserves to be remembered as a liar. He wasn't legit.

I guess that whole Oprah thing didn't work out the way he wanted or expected.

She needed it more for her sake than he needed her. The man's on a sinking ship but she's not the lifeline.

Less than an hour until part two airs.

I can't believe we're getting that interview via the Discovery Channel here. We don't have Oprah's channel in the Philippines, so she must have settled for some spare change to make that deal.

I guess JJ Abrams is developing a Lance Armstrong biopic . I guess i'd go with Daniel Day Lewis as Armstrong.

That was my point. Over the years, I didn't pay attention to all the crap...so it was just some atheletes complaining about another athelete who beat them in a race. It might have been true or jealousy. Now....I see that he was a bastard who bullied and lied about people who were telling the truth about him. Now I know about the lawsuits he brought against people who were telling the truth about him.

Before, I didn't care one way or another about him...now I think he is scum.

That's how I feel. I could care less about athletes doping , but what this guy did to other people is inexcusable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"