Lara Croft animated series

xwolverine2

Arkham Assassin
Reaction score
Minnie Driver is the New Lara Croft
Source: TV Guide July 5, 2007

Minnie Driver will be providing the voice of Lara Croft in GameTap's new 10-part animated series premiering July 10 at GameTap.com/TombRaider. GameTap is Turner Broadcasting's video-game-themed broadband network.

"World-famous writers and artists are each doing their own version of Lara Croft, telling a different story the way they see the character," Ricardo Sanchez, vp of content for GameTap, told TV Guide.

The first three-part adventure was written and directed by "Aeon Flux" creator Peter Chung. Subsequent episodes are being handled by a who's who of comic-book big shots, including Warren Ellis, Gail Simone, Jim Lee and Christos Gage.

Angelina Jolie played Lara Croft in the two feature films. Minnie Driver, currently starring in "The Riches," previously voiced Jane in Disney's hit animated Tarzan and can be heard in The Simpsons Movie, opening July 27.

good or bad idea? =\

tv usually means death, to me....

Minnie Driver will be providing the voice of Lara Croft in GameTap's new 10-part animated series premiering July 10 at GameTap.com/TombRaider. GameTap is Turner Broadcasting's video-game-themed broadband network.

"World-famous writers and artists are each doing their own version of Lara Croft, telling a different story the way they see the character," Ricardo Sanchez, vp of content for GameTap, told TV Guide.

The first three-part adventure was written and directed by "Aeon Flux" creator Peter Chung. Subsequent episodes are being handled by a who's who of comic-book big shots, including Warren Ellis, Gail Simone, Jim Lee and Christos Gage.

Angelina Jolie played Lara Croft in the two feature films. Minnie Driver, currently starring in "The Riches," previously voiced Jane in Disney's hit animated Tarzan and can be heard in The Simpsons Movie, opening July 27.

good or bad idea? =\

i wouldn't mind seeinmg lara croft tomb raider tas on tv:ninja:

doesnt this say that it will be on the net and not on television basically? Or am I reading it wrong?

me either, it would be awesome. :-) . especially with the talent they've assembled. anybody know if the re/visioned series will end up on dvd sometime down the line?

yeh, i saw the trailer its lookin pretty cool if you ask me :-) , it was a great move to have the creator of Aeon Flux work on the first three installments :-) . this is gonna be awesome :-D

good or bad idea? =\

I'm interested now.

This looks pretty decent really. Minnie Driver has a good voice for Lara, although I didn't mind the lass who voiced her in Legend. Some good talent behind the stories as well.

Will this be free on Gametap? Or do I have to pay?
I hope it's all released on DVD later.

well part one is up, i gotta say; awesome. once again peter chung did not fisapont, can't wait for part two and three :)

It was ok. Lara didnt do that much talking and didnt that much at all but it is only 5 mins. They kind of jumped into the story so didnt follow it that well. But it was ok. Animation was good except they made Laras boobs so long and pointy.

Wow impressive, if it keeps up.. I hope they end up putting this on dvd.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"