Lashana Lynch is Maria Rambeau

Silvermoth

Krakoan native
Reaction score
I thought she deserved a thread since we pretty much know she’s not playing Monica now

That’s not really proof of anything?

I have a hard time imagining they'd waste Monica in a one-off role.

https://pursuenews.com/captain-marv...ctors-to-play-as-grandparents-for-an-actress/

A casting call on Backstage revealed that the Captain Marvel team is in search of actors to play as Grandparents. The same requirement posted on Project casting had more details in the description stating they prefer “a real-life couple” with the looks of a 60’s-70’s African American. but individuals can also apply.

Interesting that they are giving her grandparents. Then again, maybe they are Nick fury’s parents? Or grandparents

Calling it now, they're Monica's grandparents, and they will adopt her after something bad happens to Lynch's Maria. This is my extremely wild guess and I'm sticking to it.

I reckon you might be on to something there. That would be cute actually and it’s a great way to give Monica time to shine.

Hopefully they don’t get replaced by skrulls though!

Ha, good on her. I wonder if she’s planning to appear in a sequel? I’m dying to know more about her character

https://www.cbr.com/captain-marvel-film-rick-jones/

Since then, Wise has left the role and been replaced by Still Star-Crossed‘s Lashana Lynch, but the role remains a mystery. Thanks to a key moment in Ant-Man and the Wasp and the film’s source material, though, we believe we’ve figured it out. Lynch may be playing Rick Jones, a character central to The Kree-Skrull War conflict.

I think chances are very low to be honest and if I’ve got to be brutally honest I think this was mostly written as click bait but still, interested to know what people think

I want to be honest, that's a crazy theory but it's a better one than "She's actually Monica Rambeau's mother! Little Monica will meet Carol as a kid, unaware that one day she, too, will be a superhero! Oh, the irony!"

Why did I even come up with that theory?

I actually reckon that’s what will happen. Her mum knows there’s a conspiracy afoot but gets ignored. Her daughter becomes an FBI agent or something to avenge her. Maybe there’s even a scandal and she’s knocked down to being a street cop for getting too close to the truth

DmWEGC5XoAABvqt

Indeed, but nice to finally have confirmation.

With her being the mom, I think it's almost a guarantee that we see Monica in a sequel, which may allow DeWanda Wise to enter the MCU again.

I wonder how she will appear in a sequel? I wonder if they’ll get an older actress like CCH pounder or something. I hope they don’t kill her off

From EW

Maria’s got a strength that’s undeniable, in that you don’t feel like you need to help her," Lynch says. "She is thrown into many a situation in this movie that she’s never been a part of, never seen, never experienced — and she just learns it, immediately. She’s very resilient and very strong."

As for her relationship with Carol, the actress teases a tight friendship. "There’s a certain level of female sisterhood that I haven’t seen in a superhero film before, that we have in abundance."

Lynch also explains that she's excited to introduce a woman like Maria who is not only an accomplished pilot but also a single mother. "I, especially after watching Black Panther, want to keep the black community in a place where they trust that every single African-American character in the Marvel universe is going to be represented positively, is going to be represented accurately, and is going to have a real through-line that the black community or people of color will be proud of," she says.

"I want Maria to be upstanding," she adds. "I want her to have a voice, I want people to understand her and relate to her, and I want mothers to be proud that there’s a single mother in the MCU."

Can’t wait to meet her, she sounds amazing!

With her being the mom, I think it's almost a guarantee that we see Monica in a sequel, which may allow DeWanda Wise to enter the MCU again.

Just what I was thinking.

Just a glimpse of her in the trailer but she seems like a really fun character. I wonder if they decide to show her in the present day if they’ll choose a new actress or use makeup to age Lashana up?

Eep. A little bummed they're 16s on the tarmac there as they walk out of the hangar in their flight gear.

We've got the shots of Carol & Maria sitting in the 15s though, so all good. And they're what's in the background on the poster. Guess mixed-aircraft squadrons are a thing though, so that'll be fun.

Rambeau looks pretty badass in that shot though.

I wonder if she helps fight the Skrulls.

I wonder if they decide to show her in the present day if they’ll choose a new actress or use makeup to age Lashana up?
If she lives....:(

I just have this bad feeling she's gonna die, and Monica's gonna have some resentment towards Carol when they meet up again in the future. Hope to be wrong on that one, though.

I wonder if she helps fight the Skrulls.

That would be fun. I see Maria being a rep of carol’s private life kind of like Rachel mcadam was in doctor strange

If she lives....:(

I just have this bad feeling she's gonna die, and Monica's gonna have some resentment towards Carol when they meet up again in the future. Hope to be wrong on that one, though.

Maybe, that would be an interesting angle for Monica.

Do you think the “black guy dies first” rule applies to women too?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"