Last Days of Krypton: 100 Day Countdown to Man of Steel!

Hmmmm... fair point...

But which two should continue on, and which should I leave?

I mean, Superman: Man of Steel makes sense to say, so shall I continue with that and just Action Comics?

Or shall I just carry on with what i've been doing, and we'll cross that bridge when we come to it?

What does everyone think?

I say keep on doing what you've been doing. Who knows, with WB, you may end up doing a JL countdown instead of a MOS sequel countdown. :csad: And besides, a sequel is the future, this is the present. But then again, I just like the current 4 cover style you're using so Im biased. :woot:

:funny: Also, by the time we're 100 days away from the sequel there will most likely have been 100 issues of the New 52 Superman and Action Comics titles, and there are a few other titles like Superman's Pal Jimmy Olsen that might be relevant for the sequel :)

I remember arguing to Brandon Routh fans what a reboot was and how I'd bet my mortgage that he wouldn't return (pun intended)! And who could forget the 'Superman will be older in the reboot' which sparked the Hamm for Superman rumors! I couldn't have asked for a better casting of Cavill! In fact, he's Superman so much to me already that I couldn't imagine this reboot without him!

man of steel will be huge and henry cavill is going to do for superman what hugh jackman has done for wolverine over the last decade go back and forth between his character and other big movie roles .

Last edited:
Continue as is! We've had to make do with very little when it comes to MoS marketing so far, don't strip us of visuals when it comes to the countdown aswell :p

days until Man of Steel!

300px-Superman_v.1_91.jpg
300px-Superman_Vol_2_91.jpg
300px-Superman_MOS_Vol_1_91.jpg
300px-Action_Comics_91.jpg

:funny: The Man of Steel is watching you!!!!!

That Man of Steel is watching you issue, anyone know the storyline in that one?

The Old covers collection is so much entertaining and well drawn, DC should publish a compilation of the old covers again, I am sure it will sell well !

That Man of Steel is watching you issue, anyone know the storyline in that one?

I just read this one about 2 weeks ago. Superman: The Man of Steel #91. It's a pretty good single issue when nobody but the diehards were reading Superman back in the late 90's. Found it in the dollar bin.

In a nutshell, this man works in the toy industry and pitch's his new and improved "RISK" type board-game to a higher executive and claims it'll change the world and be the next big thing for kids that will make them think strategically.

He worked so hard on it but his bosses turn his idea down in a laughing manor because they say kids do different things like play video games in a new generation and that board games are a thing of the past.

It makes him snap. He becomes frighteningly paranoid that they are out to steal his idea and kick him to the curb.

When he was making this game, he was convinced Superman was working closely with the boss he hated to frame him and steal his ideas because he remembered the times when he would look out his window in Metropolis and Superman would always be flying by his window and checking out the perimeters and patrolling Metropolis of evil doers.

The man lost his marbles so bad that he thought Superman was stalking him and trying to gather information on his secrets to his board game and use it against him to get rich.

It's a pretty nifty story showing Superman doing everyday things (like stopping a thief from a purse snatching) as a guardian to Metropolis only to see this man's point of view on Superman's actions and how he thinks Supes and his bosses are out to get him. Cool read for sure!

Last edited:
The Old covers collection is so much entertaining and well drawn, DC should publish a compilation of the old covers again, I am sure it will sell well !
Are you kidding? They suck, where are the skulls, WHERE ARE THE SKULLS! :argh:

:oldrazz:

I hope WB does along with the Thursday showings at 7/9 to show this movie couple of hours before midnight.

Whoa, it's already been 11 days since the start of this thread? Seems like yesterday! :woot:

I just read this one about 2 weeks ago. Superman: The Man of Steel #91. It's a pretty good single issue when nobody but the diehards were reading Superman back in the late 90's. Found it in the dollar bin.

In a nutshell, this man works in the toy industry and pitch's his new and improved "RISK" type board-game to a higher executive and claims it'll change the world and be the next big thing for kids that will make them think strategically.

He worked so hard on it but his bosses turn his idea down in a laughing manor because they say kids do different things like play video games in a new generation and that board games are a thing of the past.

It makes him snap. He becomes frighteningly paranoid that they are out to steal his idea and kick him to the curb.

When he was making this game, he was convinced Superman was working closely with the boss he hated to frame him and steal his ideas because he remembered the times when he would look out his window in Metropolis and Superman would always be flying by his window and checking out the perimeters and patrolling Metropolis of evil doers.

The man lost his marbles so bad that he thought Superman was stalking him and trying to gather information on his secrets to his board game and use it against him to get rich.

It's a pretty nifty story showing Superman doing everyday things (like stopping a thief from a purse snatching) as a guardian to Metropolis only to see this man's point of view on Superman's actions and how he thinks Supes and his bosses are out to get him. Cool read for sure!

Thanks for posting that :up:

Sounds good, will pick this one up when I get paid :D

88 days wow and just for the record on the Bizarro's World cover that series was superb.

88 days... Wow. This movie is going to blow up these boards.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"