Last Politically Motivating U.S. Polititian....

As of mid- to late twentieth century... (excluding 1990's, 2000's)

Ronald Reagan

FDR

Dwight D Eisenhower

These kind of statesmen were able to make the country believe in itself again after a long period of socio-economic crises. They knew how to address those crises, which factors caused, and why those problems came about in the first place: Communism, The Depression, civil rights, 1970's-1980's global oil crisis, domestic and world-wide market volatility, etc. etc...

Their legacies were determined not by current popular ratings, (which can be manipulated) but their principles which the public had gained them respect in the long run, long after their presidency had expired.

Say what you will about Obama, but he gets people energized. Thinking, talking, arguing, speculating about what's the best direction for our country.

This is why I can't stand Obama! He says the same damn thing over and over (and often word for word) to the point where I can't take it any more and he says nothing at all in terms of substance but he gets people so damn energized because he says them so eloquently and he's a good looking black man.

Obama's driving me crazy :cmad:

As of mid- to late twentieth century... (excluding 1990's, 2000's)

Ronald Reagan

FDR

Dwight D Eisenhower

These kind of statesmen were able to make the country believe in itself again after a long period of socio-economic crises. They knew how to address those crises, which factors caused, and why those problems came about in the first place: Communism, The Depression, civil rights, 1970's-1980's global oil crisis, domestic and world-wide market volatility, etc. etc...

Their legacies were determined not by current popular ratings, (which can be manipulated) but their principles which the public had gained them respect in the long run, long after their presidency had expired.

A pretty good point, it's exemplified when you think about the fact that their legacies now overshadow their actual presidencies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"