Latest Anime you watched? - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
El Hazard: The Wanderers. Wished they hadn't toned it down so much from the OVA, but it is nice not to be hit with fan service every ten seconds.

Hanasaku Iroha. Rapidly becoming my favorite recent anime.

In the middle of Princess Resurrection and just watched Redline again for the 2nd time on bluray. Redline rocks plain and simple! Princess Resurrection is pretty cool too. I have the new complete collection release that contains the dub. Amazing I may say too. Shelley Calene-Black rocks as Hime!

Eureka Seven was pretty cool watched it when it was on Adult Swim.

Last Anime I saw was Dead Leaves it is insane.

Yeah Eureka Seven is pretty awesome. Really liked it the first time around on adult swim and the feeling hasn't changed since then.

The english dub for this is pretty impressive too. Johnny Young Bosch really made sure to make his voice sound different from the voice he usually uses for dubbing.

Now and Then, Here and There.

10 out of ****ing 10

Yeah Eureka Seven is pretty awesome. Really liked it the first time around on adult swim and the feeling hasn't changed since then.

The english dub for this is pretty impressive too. Johnny Young Bosch really made sure to make his voice sound different from the voice he usually uses for dubbing.

He was in that? cool saw him at a Com I went to earlier this month.

Now and Then, Here and There.

10 out of ****ing 10

Brutal anime but interesting.

Chihayafuru. I don't mind closure but I don't care if the manga does go on...maybe they'll do another season.

Dance in the Vampire Bund - High quality but a little creepy with pedophile undertones. Overall I really liked it. 4/5

Tokyo Majin - Excellent first season with good quality animation.

New anime are crap. The old ones are better.

Ruruoni Kenshin :)

New anime are crap. The old ones are better.

There were probably just as many bad anime back then (if not more) as there is today. Back then, the formula for many anime was just lots of action, blood, gore and fan service. Today, the formula for many anime is moe and fan service. Pink is the new red, and all that jazz.

People just tend to overlook the old stuff and pick out the newer stuff because of how cutesy and moe-y the art styles in modern anime are, when the older anime is probably just as bad and cliche as many of the more current anime.

Fate Zero Episode 15

Awesomeness incarnate.

D*** straight.

The Fate series continues to reaffirm my love for it.

The Secret World of Arietty, Grave of the Fireflies, and Spirited Away. Can't go wrong with Studio Ghibli!

Nope. lol

Fate Zero is one of the best series out right now.

Would you recommend Fate/stay night then because I've heard some things about it but haven't gotten around to it yet.

Would you recommend Fate/stay night then because I've heard some things about it but haven't gotten around to it yet.

Fate/Stay Night is an alright anime. It's not anywhere near Fate/Zero, but I find that to be largely in part because Fate/Stay tried to compromise elements and plot points from all three story arcs of the visual novel (which is amazing), rather than place its focus solely on the arc it's named after and properly fleshing out all those characters, their drives, and the plot around them.

I enjoy the anime, but part of my enjoyment is probably colored from my absolute love of the visual novel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"