Latest Anime you watched? - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I finished up with Baccano! This is one of those little gems that don't happen very often. I'd never heard of it until Amazon suggested it to me and i bought it on a whim after reading a few reviews, and my god, I loved it! Because of the way the story's told, cutting back and forth between timeframes, it definitely deserves watching multiple times after you know the story. Highly recommend this series.

Recently finished Trigun. The final episode could've had a bit more closure to it, and Knives' condition seemed somewhat ambiguous at the end there, but I absolutely loved it from start to finish. Wolfwood's arc in the final few episodes was brilliant and actually elevated the show somewhat I thought.

Currently watching Baccano! and Tenchi Universe.

Trigun's a classic...quirky and an acquired taste perhaps....but some very cool stuff.

Gurren Lagann. Classic.
Also a very good one with incredible music. Have you seen Gunbuster 2?

23645.jpg

Red Garden...

i love its not throwing chi/ki/cards/monsters/robots

Trigun's a classic...quirky and an acquired taste perhaps....but some very cool stuff.

I was initially drawn to the western theme, but if that's not our thing then Trigun's probably not for you. I thought it had a really good balance between serious and humour, and the action was brilliant (if you like western gunslinging of course)

I was initially drawn to the western theme, but if that's not our thing then Trigun's probably not for you. I thought it had a really good balance between serious and humour, and the action was brilliant (if you like western gunslinging of course)

Yeah, the western/Sci-fi was a cool combo...and it kept you wondering just what this Vash fella is. Then when you find out, it takes into a whole other level.

Did you watch the subtitled Japanese version, or the dubbed English one?

I normally watch anime with subtitles, with a few exceptions like Cowboy Bebop, but with Trigun, as well as Baccano! I watched the dub because I found English seemed more suited to the characters and settings. Plus the the voice acting was such good quality.

Generally I can't stand the Funimation voice actors, they seriously ham it up. The first time I watched Dragonball Z in Japanese I realised how inferior the English was, and never looked back lol. But Baccano! especially they did an amazing job (don't know who did Trigun), and after reading they scouted for new talent especially for that series it really shows.

Last edited:
The ones that they put on Cartoon Network generally have a good effort and voice direction behind them. Some older ones and others can be just plain awful if they're just filling in the words and such. But the better ones like Bebop and Trigun...even Inuyasha...there's at least good effort to capture the emotion of what the characters are saying and doing.

ASome things I think would just work better in Japanese, as it sounds too outlandish and WTF in English....like Ghost In The Shell. Death Note was done alright...genius series.

I just watched Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn episode 5. Gawd I hate Banagher Links.

I've been watching Escaflowne and it's really given me the urge to watch a Gundam series next!

Blessing of the Campanella

Fun sci-fi with a (for once) un-annoying harem element. Loved the musical cues from the .hack anime series.

Ninja Scroll Blu Ray.

Brilliant transfer and a great preview for a new Ninja Scroll movie.

Fate Zero Episode 23

Holy Crap. That was awesome!!
:wow:

Casshern Sins.

Like the slightly retro feel of the design, the heaviness of the line drawing.

Street Fighter Alpha movie
There's a scene Ryu sees his brother insane, the next moment has him inside of a puppet fighting against Ken & Chun-Li, and Ryu moves away as if he didn't see his brother in front of him outside of a puppet

Never realized before that Ken is voiced by Steven Blum

Casshern Sins.

Like the slightly retro feel of the design, the heaviness of the line drawing.
Last anime I've watched as well. This show is depressing on a consistent basis. Good show but very depressing. :(

Lately I've been watching the HD re-releases of Gundam SEED. I'm liking it a lot more than I did before.

Are the re-releases any good? SEED was the first Gundam I ever saw, and what helped me get into anime in the first place. It'd be nice if it was given a good tune up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"