Latest Anime you watched? - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Latest anime I finished: Cowboy Bebop - loved it.
Currently watching: Samurai Champloo and Outlaw Star - I'm enjoying both of them quite a bit.

I like Samurai Champloo, but it just doesn't hook me like Bebop did. I can only really watch the odd episode every now and again. I've bought Outlaw Star and plan to watch that eventually, but i've just gone back to Serial Experiments Lain and watching that on dvd now instead of YouTube.

Hellsing Ultimate X

What a weak finale. I thought Alucard would break loose in this one but he barely appeared. It had one cool fight and that was the only exciting thing about it. I got no sense of conclusion. Feels like it was a waste of what could have been much grander.

Hellsing Ultimate X

What a weak finale. I thought Alucard would break loose in this one but he barely appeared. It had one cool fight and that was the only exciting thing about it. I got no sense of conclusion. Feels like it was a waste of what could have been much grander.

I want to echo this. I have been waiting for months for the finale and this is what I got? It was good but I was hoping for a great finale. I wanted Alucard to release his total full power and destroy all his enemies in one swoop. Oh well at least I got to cross this off from my list of need to see anime.

Began watching Ao No Exorcist. I am enjoying this after the first 3 episodes.

Getting ready to purchase Guilty Crown. I really loved the soundtrack and the action from the few clips I watched.

I just finished Blue Gender the other day. I really liked it. It's a darker Starship Troopers at most parts ad then goes off the deep end a bit.

Summer Wars and I'm half way through Lain now.

Rewatched Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann.

No other anime ever lifts my spirits as much as TTGL.

It was nice, wasn't it? Some outstanding music in it, as well....and some genuine moments that hit you deep down. I recommend it to a lot of people.

You should see Gunbuster 2 as well....same makers, I believe.

I've been looking to watch something since Sword Art Online so I think I'll give Toppa Gurren Lagann a look.

Highly recommended. Has a lot of what some not into anime may find a bit 'silly', but it does it rather gracefully and as outlandish as it gets, you feel pretty emotionally connected the whole time. And it's less about how cool and techy the robot stuff is, and more about just the breadth of scope they're going after, while keeping you connected to the core 'family' so to speak.

SAO was a sweet story...I felt it went on a bit too long and I wasn't crazy about how this girl basically turned into a damsel in distress for some reason.

I'll say again, though....for those who haven't watched Steins Gate...do it.

I'm waiting desperately for the second half of Steins;Gate to get a dvd release, really want to see it.

Highly recommended. Has a lot of what some not into anime may find a bit 'silly', but it does it rather gracefully and as outlandish as it gets, you feel pretty emotionally connected the whole time. And it's less about how cool and techy the robot stuff is, and more about just the breadth of scope they're going after, while keeping you connected to the core 'family' so to speak.

SAO was a sweet story...I felt it went on a bit too long and I wasn't crazy about how this girl basically turned into a damsel in distress for some reason.

I'll say again, though....for those who haven't watched Steins Gate...do it.
I'll definitely check it out. My lazy ash still hasn't gotten to Steins Gate. I know I'm an idiot for not watching it yet.

I'm going to dedicated my 2 days off to both these shows. They're both relatively short so I should be able to do it. :up:

Just done watching FULLMETAL ALCHEMIST BROTHERHOOD.... Just Epic! I would love to see a Luve adaption of it... I think 4 Movies would do it justice!!

Just done watching FULLMETAL ALCHEMIST BROTHERHOOD.... Just Epic! I would love to see a Luve adaption of it... I think 4 Movies would do it justice!!

One of my all-time favs.

Finished Serial Experiments Lain. It was a complete mind-**** most of the time, but once you piece together the main plot points most of it (but definitely not all) falls into place and it's actually pretty great story. The questions it asks about identity and what makes something real were really well played out even if it leaves a lot to the viewer to make their own answers. I'd definitely recommend people watch it, i certainly want to give it another go quite soon.

Finished Ao No Exorcist. Loved it. Too bad it was only 1 season. They could have done more. Onto the next find.

Camrip of Evangelion 3.0. (Yeah, I normally don't do camrips, but my curiosity got the better of me.)

Character motivations in this film are left unexplained (i.e. -- [BLACKOUT]Misato, who was always very supportive and caring of Shinji in the last two films, either completely ignores his pleas or treats him with enmity in this film. WTF???[/BLACKOUT]). Certain characters don't have much of a purpose other than to just serve the plot. Plot points are left unresolved, though, this film is the first of two halves. Though, maybe the poor quality of the camrip had something to do with this.

I will say, though, from what I could tell, the animation has taken a real leap from the last film, especially in the last 15-20 minutes. The character designs and style of the film is a bit different, too.

I really hope 4.0 helps explain some of the stuff that went on in this film. Or maybe the English dub will help clarify this.

Last edited:
Recently wrapped up Binbougami-ga. A hilarious over the stop slapstick that reminded me of why I fell in love with anime all those years ago. The basic plot is a typical female protagonist is rather Mary-sue like. (She's crazy rich, buxom, popular, athletic, makes good grades etc) But one day, it's revealed that she's so well off because she's LITERALLY sucking the good luck from those around her. A goddess of misfortune Momiji is dispatched to set things right. Much hilarity ensues.

Part of what is so fun is the visual gags and lampooning of various anime. (They spoof the over 9000 DBZ gag, have FEMALE characters turning into Kenshiro and co from Fist of the North Star) etc. It's rather short, but well worth checking out. :)

Mecha fans may want to look into Full Metal Panic (how many 'full metal' whatever to they have..?:oldrazz:). It's sort of combination robot and spy story, with teen romance and comedy. Some pretty big action at times, and then some slapsticky stuff too, but still fun. When all's said and done, it might actually be something that girls may like better because of the nature of the romance stuff.

The second season seems to lean more towards the comedy, and there are a few episodes especially towards the end tat have some of the funniest stuff you'll see. But the action doesn't get too allegorical/weird or such, so it's easy to follow.

I'm going to start including cover art/pics with recommendations...

xogyt2.jpg

Recently wrapped up Binbougami-ga. A hilarious over the stop slapstick that reminded me of why I fell in love with anime all those years ago. The basic plot is a typical female protagonist is rather Mary-sue like. (She's crazy rich, buxom, popular, athletic, makes good grades etc) But one day, it's revealed that she's so well off because she's LITERALLY sucking the good luck from those around her. A goddess of misfortune Momiji is dispatched to set things right. Much hilarity ensues.

Part of what is so fun is the visual gags and lampooning of various anime. (They spoof the over 9000 DBZ gag, have FEMALE characters turning into Kenshiro and co from Fist of the North Star) etc. It's rather short, but well worth checking out. :)

This.

And to top it off the voice acting is top-notch, in Japanese at least. Doubt it will be brought over Stateside though.

Just finished watching Mushishi and starting Samurai Champloo. Mushishi was awesome and the music was awesome, getting the soundtrack from Japan.

Just caught up on Naruto Shippuden
Just started Sword Art Online....I love it...so far a great series

Mecha fans may want to look into Full Metal Panic (how many 'full metal' whatever to they have..?:oldrazz:). It's sort of combination robot and spy story, with teen romance and comedy. Some pretty big action at times, and then some slapsticky stuff too, but still fun. When all's said and done, it might actually be something that girls may like better because of the nature of the romance stuff.

The second season seems to lean more towards the comedy, and there are a few episodes especially towards the end tat have some of the funniest stuff you'll see. But the action doesn't get too allegorical/weird or such, so it's easy to follow.

I'm going to start including cover art/pics with recommendations...

xogyt2.jpg

I was enjoying the series until the Fummoffu season. At that point I honestly just didn't want to see anything FMP again, lol. That season of the show just ruined the series for me. If they ever come out with another more serious season again I might give it another try. It's a shame too, as I was enjoying the series right before they plopped the hero in a giant robo-teddy suit every episode.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"